• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I listened to Fordham break the story, he sounded so smug and almost seemed like he was enjoying telling everyone Snake got arrested. Then he went on to say "no charges were laid though"
Next minute every Richard Cranium in the world was trying to break the story on twitter and had no info what so ever. Fires me up it does...

Manly Sea Eagles star Brett Stewart arrested but released without charge SEA Eagles star Brett Stewart was arrested following an altercation at a Manly pub last month.

News Limited understands Stewart reacted to a verbal taunt from a fellow patron at the Shark Bar, on Manly Corso, in the early hours of Saturday 19 January.

Bouncers ejected the 21-year-old man, who later told police he was head-butted by the star fullback.

Stewart was taken to Manly Police Station for questioning, but there was not sufficient evidence to support the claim and he was released from custody without charge.

Police this afternoon confirmed their investigation had been closed and that no charges would be laid against Stewart.

The patron has been fined for failing to move-on after being told to leave licensed premises.

Manly officials have not announced any punishment and Stewart played the second half of Friday night’s trial 24-12 loss to Cronulla at Brookvale Oval.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-star-brett-stewart-arrested-but-released-without-charge/story-e6frexnr-1226575558239

Massoud wrote that. It's on front of their website - the arrested part, not that bit that there was no evidence of wrong doing & he was released.

Seems odd to have been "arrested".

RL Mole likes to control what comments are on his twitter he just deletes any who don't agree with or are critical of him...poor form from a journalist promoting free speech. Nothing out of line in what I tweeted him either.

So the 21 year old was drunk and evicted from the place. After telling the cops Snake head butted him, they arrest snake for questioning. After finding no witnesses, no cctv footage to to back up the 21 year olds claims they release him without charge. Thats what is sound like to me.

manlyfan76 said:
If we don't suspend him the NRL will. No wait Gallop has gone.

News just in, Brett has been suspended for 4 weeks from the A-League.

As an aside is being arrested the normal practice?

I would think you get taken in for questioning?

Anyone have clarity over how it does work

Arrested-taken in for questioning. Not really much difference. Depends on the media outlet that breaks the story.

As far as i'm concerned, if Brett Stewart punched a bloke in a pub almost a month ago we would have heard about if before now. There is no way that would have been kept quiet.

Best advice - never enter the New Brighton. I have been going out in Manly since the 80s and have never been in there. Steyne yes, Hotel Manly yes (RIP), Ivanhoe yes, many small bars yes. The NB had a bad rep ever since I can remember, and generally had/has rough bastards hanging out the windows.

http://www.lawsociety.com.au/community/publicationsandfaqs/legalquestions/Underarrest/index.htm

Chip and Chase said:
manlyfan76 said:
If we don't suspend him the NRL will. No wait Gallop has gone.

News just in, Brett has been suspended for 4 weeks from the A-League.

haha - nice one C & C - 4 weeks seems a bit light though. :s

As usual up here, gold coast Hot Tomato FM radio reporting Snake been arrested and charged with head butting LAST Sat night. NFI these Qld dickheads.

Shoe1 said:
Best advice - never enter the New Brighton. I have been going out in Manly since the 80s and have never been in there. Steyne yes, Hotel Manly yes (RIP), Ivanhoe yes, many small bars yes. The NB had a bad rep ever since I can remember, and generally had/has rough bastards hanging out the windows.

The brighton is a girls bar now compared to what it was like in the eighties with the islanders drinking there. A regular stop off for 21 division in the eighties.

Story by Adam Lucius on Sportal:

Stewart in the clear after altercation 11/2/2013 4:37 pm

A police investigation has confirmed the Sea Eagles' in-house finding that full-back Brett Stewart has no case to answer following an incident at a Manly pub.

Stewart was spoken to by police following an altercation with a member of the public at the New Brighton Hotel on January 18, but no further action was taken.

Sportal has been told a 21-year-old man harassed and taunted Stewart inside the pub and later alleged the full-back head-butted him following an altercation.

The

patron took the matter to police after being ejected by bouncers.

CCTV footage failed to back up the man's version of events, verifying Stewart's story in the process.

"The bloke (complainant) was being a real pest and there was no evidence to support his story," a source said.

"Police spoke to Brett Stewart but that's as far as it went.

"There was nothing on the CCTV to prove any wrongdoing. It was all a storm in a teacup."

Manly launched a separate inquiry into the incident but also cleared Stewart of any misconduct.

It's been a forgettable time for the Stewart brothers, with Glenn ruled out for up to 10 weeks with a knee injury.

These journo's have no idea. I have now heard it was last week, last month and last weekend. As well as the incident took place at the Shark bar, New Brighton and Watmoughs wedding reception. Here's a novel idea. Find out the facts before you publish!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6