Bring back Matai and Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

XV-1

First Grader
Bring them back for the last 5 weeks and semis.@:cool:

After all, we are paying for them in the salary cap.

Matai in for can't jump, can't catch Kelly

Stewart in for Wright. Tom T can stay fullback for attack. Stewart, fullback in D. He can teach Tom T a thing or 20 in positional play as a fullback in defence.

not sure about Matais injury but he was playing well enough for a final year.
Stewart was dog balls awfull.

we are missing them at the moment.

No team has carried that much of the salary cap on the sideline for a year and made the finals - there is a reason for that.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=94911ef373b0a361c0d66ea48bc2c509-1501398290

For all the Sea Eagles’ success, though, there is still work ahead largely due to unsettle medical retirement clearances for Stewart and Matai. Manly have been working closely with the NRL for several months in a bid to have the pair’s salaries excluded from this year’s cap.

But the NRL is still awaiting independent medical advice on Matai, which will allow them to make a determination.

In addition, the NRL rejected the application for a career-ending injury to Stewart earlier this year and Manly have not appealed the decision.

If the Sea Eagles are unable to have Matai and Stewart’s salaries exempt on their salary cap, it will place pressure on the club’s cap next year as well.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=94911ef373b0a361c0d66ea48bc2c509-1501398290

For all the Sea Eagles’ success, though, there is still work ahead largely due to unsettle medical retirement clearances for Stewart and Matai. Manly have been working closely with the NRL for several months in a bid to have the pair’s salaries excluded from this year’s cap.

But the NRL is still awaiting independent medical advice on Matai, which will allow them to make a determination.

In addition, the NRL rejected the application for a career-ending injury to Stewart earlier this year and Manly have not appealed the decision.

If the Sea Eagles are unable to have Matai and Stewart’s salaries exempt on their salary cap, it will place pressure on the club’s cap next year as well.

Oh no, surely not back ended deals ?

the whole thing is a joke .............................and would this be the case if it wasn't Manly!!

neither of them are ever going to play NRL again and how is the system fair that Manly should be wearing them in the salary cap

it really boils me ....................after nearly 40 years of supporting Manly, I've (sort of) got used to being on the wrong side of referee decisions, the negative bias of the media and the tag of being the most unpopular club in the NRL ......................but this sort of cr** from the NRL administration is just wrong!!

I don't believe that 1 million under cap (atleast) this season how would it effect next season? typical telegraph rubbish.

Easy. Manly would flip a couple of large 2018 contracts and pay them $1 mill more this year. Huge difference.

Can someone explain to me why we will still be paying out their contracts next year as stated in today's Tele?

Can someone explain to me why we will still be paying out their contracts next year as stated in today's Tele?
We aren't paying them next year. Both of them were only contracted till the end of this season. I think you misread that having to pay them out THIS year instead of getting an exemption will put pressure on next years cap.

I know it is what it is....but when I see tom caught out in defence on more than a few occasions I just think it's a shame that Brett has no desire to help him and the club out. (If that is the case....but I can't see Manly turning down his help even in an unofficial way.)

It makes me ambivalent about the 'farewell' lap to be honest.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8