Broncos label Brookvale Oval a ‘s**thole’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I say instead of giving out Wolverine masks out to the first 5000 fans we give out toilet masks.

It would be a "crack" up.

I don't think Toddy's got much to worry about. Reggies aren't on Friday night so it shouldn't matter to him anyway.

What a mong.

Who the hell is Todd Lowrie anyway? Some nuffy incapable of cracking a permanent spot in a squad of 17 ranked one of the weakest in the competition, that's who. Besides, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Todd Lowrie and his Bronco mates spend their lives enjoying the height of couture in a downtown Brisbane "Coffee Club" franchise (an oxymoron if I ever heard one). You know, where the waitress asks "what can I get youse", plonks the glasses down with her fingers inside the rim and where you pay $20 for a greasy all-day breakfast. Classy mob those Brisbane boys.

Well the man's NRL playing credibility is impeccable.
57 games kicked out of Knights.
42 games kicked out of Parra.
64 games kicked out of Storm.
21 games kicked out of Warriors.
16 games and soon to be kicked out of Broncos.
It takes them a while but they soon realise what a shiithole player he really is.

I can just see it now , first tackle he cops , gets smashed and on being released the boys whisper in his ear " how's that feel ****hole "

Matabele said:
Who the hell is Todd Lowrie anyway? Some nuffy incapable of cracking a permanent spot in a squad of 17 ranked one of the weakest in the competition, that's who. Besides, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Todd Lowrie and his Bronco mates spend their lives enjoying the height of couture in a downtown Brisbane "Coffee Club" franchise (an oxymoron if I ever heard one). You know, where the waitress asks "what can I get youse", plonks the glasses down with her fingers inside the rim and where you pay $20 for a greasy all-day breakfast. Classy mob those Brisbane boys.
What's the difference between Brisbane & Yoghurt?
Yoghurt's got an active culture. ;)

Slide said:
Did anyone else hear Grant Goldman announcing Todd Lowrie coming off the bench at 14-4.

"How're you liking it here now Todd??"

Yes I heard it and thought it was great. Good On you Grant, love him as a ground announcer.

Slide said:
Did anyone else hear Grant Goldman announcing Todd Lowrie coming off the bench at 14-4.

"How're you liking it here now Todd??"

Oh yes, Lowrie will never live that comment down.....and we won't let him :)

And I know we're biased (in favour of Brookie Oval) but it again looked great, on TV at least.

Considering the mud pile it's been a few times this year, well done to all the ground staff for getting it back in such good condition.

Really hope the showers were cold for Todd and co. too!

Not sure if posted.....

Gus said: Manly fans are funny, been crying out for years for funding to upgrade their stadium but when someone else calls it "terrible" they all get up in arms at Todd. It's like "We can call it rubbish, but you can not."

He probably has a point. But that's our prerogative!

globaleagle said:
Not sure if posted.....

Gus said: Manly fans are funny, been crying out for years for funding to upgrade their stadium but when someone else calls it "terrible" they all get up in arms at Todd. It's like "We can call it rubbish, but you can not."

He probably has a point. But that's our prerogative!

Somewhat like him and his noggin

That is the bottom-line (Brookie is ours to love or lament first and, hopefully, forever).

And compared to many a ground/oval/outright cow paddock in bush footy, she's the bees knees or the Ritz, believe me!

I stand by my view too, that the surface looked good, way above average, on Friday night.

Just wish they'd actually stop all the talk, and start the renovations now!

We love Brookie, and its is more than the sum of her many aging parts :heart:

Gus said that we labeled Brookie 'disgraceful', this is blatantly untrue. :dodgy:

Maybe certain Board Members have used that term in the hope of getting funding.
But not the fans who sit on the muddy Hill, the splintering GA benches or who queue at the rare food/drinks stands.

The quality, lack of choice and price of food and drinks are disgraceful :cool:

The prerogative for critique belong to The Spiritual Owners of Brookie - we the Manly Fans :sleepy:

We also got a bigger crowd than anz on Fri night, bearing in mind also that anz had 2 Syd top 4 teams playing and we were playing an interstate team lower ranked team, can't imagine why Gus would not have mentioned that........

MissKate said:
We also got a bigger crowd than anz on Fri night, bearing in mind also that anz had 2 Syd top 4 teams playing and we were playing an interstate team lower ranked team, can't imagine why Gus would not have mentioned that........

Yeah, funny thing about that! A significant point conveniently forgotten.

I hope that the next time we play in Brisbane, Watmough comes out in the media and states how enjoyable it is to play there. How good the field is and what a fine job the Bronco's do to make it a thoroughly enjoyable experience for players and fans alike. Then proceed to flog them by 30

That would be a lesson in class and sophistication that seems sadly missing in Brisbane.

Of course, the Qld papers would then be screaming the headline "Watmough to the Bronco's", but hey, it would be worth it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4