Brookvale Oval redevelopment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eagle said:
Tony Abbott has a standing promise of $10mil to Brookvale Oval if elected

Unfortunately for the rest of the country this fu**wit will get in and hopefully he will keep his promise as that is the only peice of good from having him in our top job,i love Brookvale and want to see it live forever but Abbott is still a top notch fu**wit who couldnt find his ass with both hands,i hope the stupid pri*k can find his pen to sign the cheque
What does that say about our great Prime Minister then,eh.
That's the trouble with rusted on Labor supporters, faithful to the very end going down on a sinking ship.

I forget how long were the libs in power before they made a promise?

Oh thats right 10mill just before the election they lost....

Face facts they are as bad as each other. It is a safe seat so not in anyones interest to fund

Peter C said:
The Eagle said:
Tony Abbott has a standing promise of $10mil to Brookvale Oval if elected

Unfortunately for the rest of the country this fu**wit will get in and hopefully he will keep his promise as that is the only peice of good from having him in our top job,i love Brookvale and want to see it live forever but Abbott is still a top notch fu**wit who couldnt find his ass with both hands,i hope the stupid pri*k can find his pen to sign the cheque
What does that say about our great Prime Minister then,eh.
That's the trouble with rusted on Labor supporters, faithful to the very end going down on a sinking ship.

While i may agree with labours former principles (ie. more for the working man/woman) they arent really for the people anymore,both parties just desperately want office the country and its people as a whole be damned

This is what voting has become unfortunately

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UthMHjoNyjA[/video]

Also doesn't this site use a filter? i didn't try to get around it i just wrote what i wrote

The Eagle's earlier ant-Abbott rant, plus his sweeping generalisations (about both sides of politics) in that last post, are some of the best reasons I've read or heard of late for non-compulsory voting in federal elections.

They will never get the numbers to abolish compulsory voting, but for everyone's sake let's get rid of the preferential system that we have.
But let's end the politics and get back to something more important, Manly

Peter C said:
They will never get the numbers to abolish compulsory voting, but for everyone's sake let's get rid of the preferential system that we have.
But let's end the politics and get back to something more important, Manly

Indeed - and I must admit there is compelling evidence for compulsory voting. Just look how single issue zealots like the NRA and 'anti-abortionists' have seemingly hijacked the Republican Party - an outcome of not forcing people to vote and leaving the field open to crackpots to influence election results.

So come back The Eagle, all is forgiven.;)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Abbott is moralistic, myopic, arrogant and will probably not survive his first term as PM such is his out of touch attitude with the public (Turnball should be their leader). But if he gets Manly money for the stadium, good on him

The Eagle said:
Also doesn't this site use a filter? i didn't try to get around it i just wrote what i wrote

Would you please just simply choose to not write what your writing or amend it with ** as required.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
BOZO said:
Anthony Albanese and his communist , incompetent and misleading labour party that say that ALL AUSTRALIANS SHOULD GET A FAIR GO will get their arsess that point to the ground kicked out in the next election .
Haha. And your example of the 'labour' party being communist is …???

Labor & Liberal are peas in a pod in many respects. Paying lip service to different philosophies but the practical differences can be hard to distinguish. Labor pretends to be for the working masses, but in fact serve the interests of the bureaucracy and capital, both big and small. Liberal pretends to be for small business and free market competition, but in reality they serve the interests of big capital.

Neither party will fund Brookie until there is some political mileage to be made - and it won't be enough without some substantial commercial investment to make up a large component . To state the obvious, NRL is a business, not a community service.
I think you got your peas in a pod totaly mixed up feathered friend . The hypocrite Anthony Albenese and his all Australians deserve a fair go hard labour party has made it quite clear that he thinks of us only from his rear, whilst Mr Abbot has a STANDING PROMISE of $10 Million . Unlike Julia , Tony wont break his promise , and thats another difference :D

Wow a 'standing promise' - and from the same team that brought us "Honest John". Exciting.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Wow a 'standing promise' - and from the same team that brought us "Honest John". Exciting.
This is an article from the SMH for all the true labour fans . God love you .lol

THE Gillard Government is now not simply the most incompetent in Australian history. It is also morally corrupt.

It isn't that the men and women who serve in it are themselves bad people.

In fact, within their government are honourable individuals - Resources Minister Martin Ferguson, for instance who I deeply respect.

And even this Government has its virtues: Prime Minister Julia Gillard is right on Afghanistan, Indigenous Affairs Minister Jenny Macklin sincere on Aboriginal welfare, Ageing Minister Mark Butler clever on aged care reform.

But in their frantic desperation to cling to power, Gillard and her ministers have collectively done bad things.

In their paranoia, they are malevolent. In their bruised pride, they are deadly. In their panic, they lie and they cheat, they deceive and they hide.

Even at their finest moments now, you smell the decay.

In February, Transport Minister Anthony Albanese moved Labor to tears when he pleaded for his brawling party to decide between Gillard and Kevin Rudd and then unite, nearly crying as he declared he wanted to focus on the real business: "I like fighting Tories. That's what I do."

Really? Is fighting "Tories" - fighting Liberals - what he's all about?

Not helping the helpless? Unleashing the talented? Handing tools to the work-hungry? Building this country?

How shrivelled a dream. And see what Labor feels licensed to do, when its only mission is fight to survive.

FIRST, Labor fights by lying and cheating. Gillard promised days before the last election that "there will be no carbon tax under a government I lead".

She deceived us.

Gillard promised independent MP Andrew Wilkie to bring in new poker machine reforms if he made her Prime Minister.

She deceived him.
“

(Labor) has been corrupted by its greed for power, and must go
”
SECOND, Labor fights by refusing to admit to even its deadliest mistakes.

Even Immigration Minister Chris Bowen acknowledges that 4 per cent of boat people drown trying to reach Australia - which means more than 600 have been lured to their deaths since Labor recklessly weakened our border laws in 2008.

Yet still it refuses to return to the policies which once worked. It would rather people died than confess it was wrong.

THIRD, it fights by conniving with the shady and seemingly immoral.

Gillard still expresses confidence in backbencher Craig Thomson, accused of having used the money of his then union members to pay for prostitutes, and refuses to ask him to explain himself.

She then signed up Liberal turncoat Peter Slipper as Speaker, despite knowing he faced serious questions about his lavish expenses and personal indiscipline.

More:Blog with Andrew Bolt

Even now, after fresh claims about Slipper's alleged rorting and sexual harassment of a staffer, Gillard won't rule out having him back in the Speaker's chair next month - and his vote in her pocket.

FOURTH, Labor fights by wickedly stirring up hatred.

I am not talking about mere abuse or even the politically motivated vilification of "greedy" miners such as philanthropist Andrew Forrest.

A deep red line was crossed this year when a Gillard staffer - almost certainly not acting alone - whipped up a mini race riot among Aboriginal protesters to embarrass Opposition Leader Tony Abbott on Australia Day.

FIFTH, Labor fights by insulting your intelligence with spin almost indistinguishable from a lie.

No, we are not headed for a "clean energy future". No, the "rest of the world" is not acting on global warming.

Nor has Gillard run out of money because the Howard-era "rivers of gold ... just don't exist", since she's raking in $100 billion a year extra now. No, she's run out of money because Labor's spent it all.

And, SIXTH, Labor fights by intimidating and silencing its critics.

Last week, another example, after Telstra boss David Thodey rightly noted the Coalition's broadband plan was cheaper and faster to roll out than Labor's $36 billion national network.

The payback was gangster-like, with Communications Minister Stephen Conroy falsely claiming: "(Telstra) have been making record profits, they have been holding Australia back, they have been charging Australians more than they should for an inferior service for years."

Worse, the Government in malevolent spite last year unleashed a media inquiry on the press -- and especially on News Ltd newspapers such as this one - to tackle what the Greens denounced as their "bias". A bias against the Left.

The result? Recommendations for tougher state-backed control of not just newspapers but almost every blog that covers politics and news.

Labor will threaten even your free speech, just to stay in office.

Most politicians get into the business to do good. But to cling to power, many are tempted to resort to evil, and this government has succumbed.

It has been corrupted by its greed for power, and must go.

Thread Closed due to thread content moving away from the original subject and turning into a tit for tat political rant.

This is a Rugby League forum and not a Political Ranting forum. If anybody wants to have a political rant then save it for the Silvertails Soapbox or General Discussion forums.

If anyone wants to continue discussing the original thread title without any political rants then please open up a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4