Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Maybe if you mixed it up with some other alliterations it'd get less grating?
unfortunately I am not as articulate as you are Rex but I am just as passionate as you are for our mighty Sea eagles :)

I think BOZO is actually Quahog's Mayor Adam West. My understanding is that Adam is a Manly-Warringah fan from the Lindsay 'Duck' Drake era, who enjoys alliterating back to his Batman days - just for sh-ts and giggles.

Right BOZO?

Last edited:
14292502_1761614250754777_4992682573948536030_n.jpg

I just saw Bulldog Richie spouting that:

"Newcastle continue their hunt for some big name forwards.

The two latest possible recruits are Manly's Jamie Buhrer and Canberra's Paul Vaughan.

Newcastle desperately needs some power and depth with Vaughan their primary target. The Knights will do well however to lure Buhrer from Brookvale."

We all know Richie is on the end of ZTH's knob so sadly this rumor has legs!!!

UPDATE

I have been informed from a source connected to Penns that Jamie Buhrer is gone and was given the ultimatum if he stays he will be playing for Blacktown.

Both parties have agreed it is better for him to move on .

i am completely devastated

UPDATE

I have been informed from a source connected to Penns that Jamie Buhrer is gone and was given the ultimatum if he stays he will be playing for Blacktown.

I will only be able to forgive them if they get some good forwards do replace, and I mean proper forwards. I am pretty sad about this if true.

UPDATE

I really hope this is not true.

Sorry that you have taken the " feathered friend " condescending but I don't mean it in that way at all . The feathered friend stands for birds of a feather stick together . We are all Manly Sea eagle supporters !!!
I like your "feathered friend" posts and I did miss reading your positive posts a few months back when we were going from bad to worse and you were MIA for a few weeks :)

**** me, give The Knights Lewis ****ing Brown. They can have Frank Winterstein in the showbag as a freeby.

Losing Buhrer will finally cut the membership cord for me. Enough is enough, and fans want answers.

If Bozo wants only huge forwards, he only has to think back to guys like Owen Cunningham, Glenn Stewart and David Gillespie.

Buhrer is one of our best forwards.

UPDATE

Are you serious?! I can't believe that Brown, amongst others, would be kept and not Buhrer. Incomprehensible :banghead:
Devastated is putting it mildly, very mildly @:mad:
Like @TerryRandall I refuse to believe it. Surely they wouldn't send one of our best forwards to Blacktown, that's crazy!?!

Last edited:
Well if true, that will be that from me for a while.

And if found true, the franchise will have completely proven that it does not have the best interests of Manly at heart.
It will be the final straw not only for me but for a lot of people. And as a result the franchise will not get a cent from me, my partner, my family, extended family and a few of my very close friends in 2017. All in all they are set to loose about $5000 minimum, if they have done this to Ferris.

To sign Brown in the first place was total stupidity but to keep him and to possibly loose Buhrer goes beyond total stupidity IMO. It shows the powers to be have lost the plot completely and really could not give a crap about Manly, success, loyalty or what it really means to be stronger together.

I will always love Manly, but in all honesty since the new owners, I have never felt so devastated and upset by total ruthless and egotistical decisions to boot people out.
And booting people not because they have underperformed but for petty ego plays is just that petty.

They want the product then they pay for it, because I will not.

Very bad business for the franchise, I thought they were meant to be smart entrepreneurs. But obviously not because they don't get what it takes to maintain and then build strong supporters. To maintain and create a feeling of being connected to a team, having a siege mentality, us against them etc. All of which make a club supporter base strong and therefore a team strong, and therefore a franchise or club strong.

It is the biggest ****ing disconnect ever in the history of the Manly franchise between them, the team and the fans.

And this is just totally devastating and sad beyond words.

Last edited:
If (big if), this happens, as mentioned previously it shows that Barrett has no control over what happens with this team. Towards the end of the season he continually praised Buhrer's efforts and pencilled him in as possible co-captain for 2017, so obviously would not want him gone.

I can't believe it though, because it's not like we have any ready made replacement for him.

Fulton. If this is true, then I'm amazed at your logic mate. I've always thought highly of you, but if you're part of this, then I'm wondering if you've lost it somewhere along the line. You dont let go your workers. Outside of Jake, Buhrer was the only forward to consistently put in this year. And you force him out? What on Earth are you thinking. Who is next to be shown the door. Tom T? Its about as logical. Gutherson dumb. Knight dumb. Now Buhrer? Dumb.

I like your "feathered friend" posts and I did miss reading your positive posts a few months back when we were going from bad to worse and you were MIA for a few weeks :)
Thank you Karin . We are like family here on the Silvertails forum as we all share our passion for our beloved Sea eagles.
Some on here don't like my feathered friend messages and I will respect them and try not to upset them with my feathered friend messages again. Us Manly supporters should stick together because no one else likes us , so we should like each other :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11