Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Manly supporter way is through thick and thin. Through the high times and low times . When our greatest player and Immortal left to play for the roosters I remained loyal to our club . No one is bigger than our club . Buhrer is a great player but he is not the Alpha or the Omega of our club. Our club always prevails
View attachment 4294

Fulton wasnt forced out. Packer money tempted him to Sydney City, money Manly couldnt match. Certainly Vautin was pushed, but that was because he was upsetting certain influential people. Buhrer has a contract and wants to stay. He's popular and is upsetting no one. He's not seemingly being tempted by money or upsetting anyone. And he's one of our best performed, so why push him out.

Fulton wasnt forced out. Packer money tempted him to Sydney City, money Manly couldnt match. Certainly Vautin was pushed, but that was because he was upsetting certain influential people. Buhrer has a contract and wants to stay. He's popular and is upsetting no one. He's not seemingly being tempted by money or upsetting anyone. And he's one of our best performed, so why push him out.
Is this a fact that he is being pushed out or paper talk ?
I believe it is toilet paper talk

Bozo of course my statement is provisional upon the 'forcing' being a fact. However, I acknowledge it may well be just paper talk in which case my criticism in respect of this specific issue at this specific time is unwarranted. Doesnt alter the fact that there are some most unusual decisions that have been made recently by this administration

I have just spent the last hour googling can't find anything else out there except for this Toohey person and his Twitter a/c where he writes Jamie is considering the move etc... I was about to call bulls**t on this rumour however I then thought what if an offer was made that extended his contract beyond 2017 and what if Manly was aware and hadn't offered to extend his existing one? As a young man with a family I would understand why he would consider it. Not liking it but I would understand it...

Bozo of course my statement is provisional upon the 'forcing' being a fact. However, I acknowledge it may well be just paper talk in which case my criticism in respect of this specific issue at this specific time is unwarranted. Doesnt alter the fact that there are some most unusual decisions that have been made recently by this administration
We don't live in a perfect world and we are not perfect people but one thing that is for sure is that all of us that are part of this great club are Manly people and we all have the club at heart and we all want it to be successful .

Buhrer was already being pushed out, because incredibly he was on last year's hit list. And, like some others he didn't go because he wanted to stay loyal and prove himself. Could be wrong, but from memory the others are now all goneski. So if they keep him he'll be the only player from the massive hit list to stay, won't he? And of course it was a major blunder putting him on that list in the first place and replacing him with the likes of Brown.

Buhrer was already being pushed out, because incredibly he was on last year's hit list. And, like some others he didn't go because he wanted to stay loyal and prove himself. Could be wrong, but from memory the others are now all goneski. So if they keep him he'll be the only player from the massive hit list to stay, won't he? And of course it was a major blunder putting him on that list in the first place and replacing him with the likes of Brown.
Buhrer was made Co captain with Jake . Why would a coach make a player that they did not consider being a part of the teams future plans the teams captain ? So there is another spanner in he works :)

Buhrer was made Co captain with Jake . Why would a coach make a player that they did not consider being a part of the teams future plans the teams captain ? So there is another spanner in he works :)
Agreed. And there's been a number of decisions that also haven't made any sense to me:
Like putting Jamie on last year's hit list.
Like getting rid of Gutherson. Especially after signing him several months earlier to much fanfare.
Like resigning Ballin and shortly after telling him he's not wanted.
Like paying huge, huge money for Nate when his club form for the Titans had been shocking.

What would your feelings be if they did get rid of Jamie?

Agreed. And there's been a number of decisions that also haven't made any sense to me:
Like putting Jamie on last year's hit list.
Like getting rid of Gutherson. Especially after signing him several months earlier to much fanfare.
Like resigning Ballin and shortly after telling him he's not wanted.
Like paying huge, huge money for Nate when his club form for the Titans had been shocking.

What would your feelings be if they did get rid of Jamie?
I admire Jamie as a good role model and a great player but if the coaching staff see other players as better options than Jamie for the team then their decision will be judged by the results driven business.
The pressure is on the coach and he will live and die by the decision he makes .

I found the reason why Buhrer was on the list...

NRL
What’s the Buzz: Manly’s decision to extend Jamie Buhrer’s contract cost the club Glenn Stewart
617d29c68b261e21e5916774327e52b3

The Daily Telegraph
March 21, 2015 9:00pm

THE real reason why Manly lostGlenn Stewart last year was the club’s decision to upgrade and extend the contract of Jamie Buhrer instead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/617d29c68b261e21e5916774327e52b3

Or at least the reason according to Phil Zorbfield. Or should that be Peter Rotherides?

In other words, ZtH once again doing the bidding for the Stewart family, presumably (and in part) because ZtH still carries the guilt for his botched and inaccurate quickrep on the 2009 Manly Wharf saga. A report that went to the NRL and formed a major part in the subsequent tarnishing of Stewart's name.

I found the reason why Buhrer was on the list...

NRL
What’s the Buzz: Manly’s decision to extend Jamie Buhrer’s contract cost the club Glenn Stewart

The Daily Telegraph
March 21, 2015 9:00pm

THE real reason why Manly lostGlenn Stewart last year was the club’s decision to upgrade and extend the contract of Jamie Buhrer instead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/617d29c68b261e21e5916774327e52b3

That just makes the issue sound worse. Not the decision to choose Buhrer over G. Stewart...I agree with that. But the fact they had bungled the issue. Shows there are some very concerning issues in the Manly club regarding how they do their sums. We dont have some Eel management at Manly do we?

I admire Jamie as a good role model and a great player but if the coaching staff see other players as better options than Jamie for the team then their decision will be judged by the results driven business.
The pressure is on the coach and he will live and die by the decision he makes .
You are assuming that the coach, Barrett is the one making the decision on the recruitment. What if the decision was effectively made by his boss, which is a widely held belief here. Would his boss live and die by that decision too? Or is he all care and no responsibility?

Remember everyone, this is journo speak, they sprout this stuff verbatim as click bait.

Until it's tweeted by the player ( departures are almost never announced by the club) , or announced as a swap for Uate by the club I'm taking it as just that , click bait.

Mark, the big worry for me is that if just journo speak, why haven't the club or Jamie issued a denial when they would know many fans would be upset?

Mark, the big worry for me is that if just journo speak, why haven't the club or Jamie issued a denial when they would know many fans would be upset?

Mate they never say ANYTHING, until a player is signed.

The only reason we got that list of the 14 players who were not being extended is we were banging on here about it for weeks, and Cuzzo, the media manager ( who is an avid reader on here) saw it and did a press release quick smart.

They'd have all options on the table, and I imagine player swaps might be one of those but IMO doubtful Ferris would be a bargaining chip.

Brett Stewart would be one they'd be keen to swap, so it might be just the two clubs working out an appropriate deal.

That is if Brett would even be interested , I imagine he's looking for a medical retirement or a payout to retire rather than playing one last year at a club he wouldn't even vaguely be interested in playing for.

But in answer to your post, no chance, it would validate that the journo's are either to be ignored or listened to, and I doubt any club plays that game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8