Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd love to see the club put this rumour to bed and come out confirming Jamie is part of our leadership plans long into the future. Likelyhood of that happening though, slim.
Yes he and DCE and the Turbs you can build a club around especially with how many anti social drongos they seem to want around the forwards. You can't build a culture of ex cons and violent offenders without some decent leaders in the core. If he goes I cancel fox. Simple.

I will offer my broader view on this, as this rumour seems consistent to the garbage, which has been coming out of our club for a while now.

I have been a Manly fan for 30 years. The nonsense which I have seen out of the Sea Eagles management over the past 2 years, had been the worst I have seen. The treachery, poor decision making, and trashing of our identity, has been painful to witness. Our club is unique, and is based on 'us against them' and promoting our own has been at the forefront of our success. People like Barrett, Cartwright and Co. are not our dna, and don't have the ability anyway. It would make me happy beyond words to see them all gone ASAP.

Jamie Buhrer is outstanding. He is quick, runs hard, defends well and gives 100%. The only thing that has slowed his progress is injury. Whether this is coming from Barrett, or that imposter Fulton, they are both worthless. On Fulton, he was a phenomenal player however, this idea that he is a Sea Eagle God is misleading. Let us not forget, he left us to join the Roosters. That was his right, but it puts him well behind a Toovey, Menzies, King, Randall, Thompson or Krilich.

Jamie Buhrer could very easily join the true Maroon and White's above.

Last edited:
You think about it we have a stand over man. A jailed assault felon. A cop spitter aterrer. A DV convictee. Walker and Api have had their issues but not as serious- though walker smashed his hand up.

We are losing Lyon and maybe Matai and hopefully snake. This team will be a rabble soon.

To summarise: Buhrer is under contract, plays 80 minutes, makes 100+ metres a game, often makes more than 40 tackles.
And loves Manly right down to his bootlaces. No player (even the Turbos, because they're new to first grade) loves Manly as much. No one. And the powers that be don't think that counts toward massive effort from one who is a very good talent?
Please.

"Us against them" is so 2014. Management's cunning strategy for 2017 and beyond is "us against us". The real fireworks will start when they turn on themselves. Results-driven business and all that…
It is actually something which I saw as a part of us, not a particular season.

I suspect you are right on regarding management. Calling them a worthless joke would be an understatement.

what a dream come true if Jamie Buhrer was handed the 9 jersey.

I think he also deserves it, he has waited a longggg time for this spot sitting behind Ballin.

Give his backrow position to Shaun Lane/Bainbridge/Hopoate

And please let this Manly champion steer us around

I pray that the Manly gods give him the 9 jersey, he deserves it

over 100 games experience, rep honours, defensive machine with the whole package... Maroon and White bones

It is now time for him to lead this club in the 9

He has done his apprenticeship for the club.... we got backrowers coming through.

It is now time

Buhrer would cut it as a hooker from back when all you had to was pass but since cam smith came everyone now knows passing is probably the least important role for a hooker these days. As long as the ball gets to the man. To win a premiership these days you need one vital thing, an attacking hooker that can kick, scoot alot and set up tries. Granville, Ennis aren't the best passers from hooker but they make up for it with their explosive running and kicking. Buhrer back in the day would have been a great hooker but not now. Koroisau lacks passing certainly but he has everything an attacking hookers needs and if he was a bit more solid he wouldn't miss as many tackles cause he hits like a truck same with Parcell they were mainly bought for their attack. Its compromise, with Ballin you get rock solid defence and excellent passing but no attack. With Koroisau you get Exceptional attack with poor passing.

We've seen plenty of examples this year of what happens when the first receiver gets sloppy service from the dummy-half - the defence are up in his face before he has a chance to do anything. Granville is actually a very good passer from hooker, he gives JT, Morgan and Coote a hell of a lot of time to work with. Peter Wallace last night was another good one to watch - very skilled at the scoop and pass in one motion pickup, to either side. But then, he's a half who grew up in an era where you didn't play 'corridors' quite so much, so he's had plenty of practice at sending the attack either way even as a halfback.

If the hooker isn't required to give the first receiver quick, clean ball - then who is?! Just because a hooker is good at scooting out and taking a run himself, or is a decent kicker, doesn't mean he hasn't got the basic passing skills down pat either. You might notice the explosive runs etc more, but 80-90% of the time (in attack), it's fast, reliable passing to the first receiver they're there for.

Which is why the 'running interchange hooker' is used by a lot of teams for quick spurts here and there - you can afford to drop off the reliable service to the first receiver in little bursts and gain an extra ball-player to change it up, but if you wanted your hooker doing all the ball-playing, he'd be your halfback or 5/8, not the hooker to begin with!

We've seen plenty of examples this year of what happens when the first receiver gets sloppy service from the dummy-half - the defence are up in his face before he has a chance to do anything. Granville is actually a very good passer from hooker, he gives JT, Morgan and Coote a hell of a lot of time to work with. Peter Wallace last night was another good one to watch - very skilled at the scoop and pass in one motion pickup, to either side. But then, he's a half who grew up in an era where you didn't play 'corridors' quite so much, so he's had plenty of practice at sending the attack either way even as a halfback.

If the hooker isn't required to give the first receiver quick, clean ball - then who is?! Just because a hooker is good at scooting out and taking a run himself, or is a decent kicker, doesn't mean he hasn't got the basic passing skills down pat either. You might notice the explosive runs etc more, but 80-90% of the time (in attack), it's fast, reliable passing to the first receiver they're there for.

Which is why the 'running interchange hooker' is used by a lot of teams for quick spurts here and there - you can afford to drop off the reliable service to the first receiver in little bursts and gain an extra ball-player to change it up, but if you wanted your hooker doing all the ball-playing, he'd be your halfback or 5/8, not the hooker to begin with!
Granville? His passing isn't very good I've watched him multiple times this year and he isn't very reliable in that department.

Because he is in Barrett's plans does not mean he is in Bozo's plans.

This would be pathetic if Buhrer is kicked out.
Why are you so negative with the immortal that has delivered 5 out of our 7 premiership wins as player and coach.
Have faith feathered friend.

You were only about 8 or 9 so wouldn't recall this, but Buhrer played a fair bit of hooker for us in the under 20s. However he's always had the ability to cover different positions (maybe to his ultimate detriment) and made the under 20s team of the year as lock. An interesting team that year...
http://www.nrl.com/2009-toyota-cup-team-of-the-year/tabid/10874/newsid/56509/default.aspx
I'm not disagreeing with him filling I their I just don't think he is good enough to be starting hooker but he plays their to give our starter a rest I'd be happy with that.

If this rumour is true I'll quit my membership and never support them again.........until we start winning again and are back in the 8. That's the Manly supporter way isn't it ??

If this rumour is true I'll quit my membership and never support them again.........until we start winning again and are back in the 8. That's the Manly supporter way isn't it ??
The Manly supporter way is through thick and thin. Through the high times and low times . When our greatest player and Immortal left to play for the roosters I remained loyal to our club . No one is bigger than our club . Buhrer is a great player but he is not the Alpha or the Omega of our club. Our club always prevails
untitled.png

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8