Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If DCE wants his Buhrer to be here then surely He will stay.
Uate must be some kind of distraction. Where will he play? We will have snake, Taufua, Matai. Walker, turbo, plus Wright to fill 1-5. Uate does not fit unless snake leaves.
Snake will be in reserves based on who we have in our backline.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai
5: A Uate
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans

Brown is in the side for utility value only. He will never start in our back row unless we hit injury crisis again. The one utility spot on the bench will be fought out between Brown and Api.
If Buhrer is moved on its only to add size to our back row. As I said I hate to see him go but we lack power game like top teams in the comp.
That's why we need to reduce the interchange 6. The power game will kill this sport eventually.

Twenty made Jamie Buhrer and Jake Trbojevic Co Captains and this to me is a sign that they are in his plans for the rebuild .

Because he is in Barrett's plans does not mean he is in Bozo's plans.

This would be pathetic if Buhrer is kicked out.

Looks like bozo doesn't want a small back row. Not that I agree with moving Buhrer on as he is great for us with a big heart but we do lack the power game the top teams have
That reasoning would be bullsh*t.

We won two premierships inbetween Bozo quitting as coach in 1999 and being re-hired in 2015. Which is just as many as Bozo won as Manly's coach I might add.

In 2008 and 2011 we had probably one of the smallest forward packs in the competition but we still won. I think there were 12 interchanges allowed per game in 2008 and 10 per game in 2011.

Yet somehow the answer with even less interchanges coming is to hire even bigger forwards at the expense of smaller more mobile 80 minute forwards.

To summarise: Buhrer is under contract, plays 80 minutes, makes 100+ metres a game, often makes more than 40 tackles, and we are apparently trying to offload him... for an overpriced, out of form winger who can't defend or catch bombs.

There have been plenty of dumb decisions in the past 2 years but this one would just about take the cake if true.

If this trade is made official, I will have officially lost faith in the string pullers of manly.

Do they even watch modern footy, do they know how to structure a squad. Do they know a team full of short term mercenary's is the quickest way to the bottom of the ladder?

I fear this news, I hope it's not true.

As a backrower not a hooker.

Nope. Api is not a hooker's bootlace. Jamie, on the other hand, has played there plenty - and well - when he has switched in and out of hooker to give Matt Ballin a rest over the years. We haven't seen him as a starting hooker obviously - but playing the interchange hooker role, he's done well. Koroisau is a half, and one who has clearly come through the system of playing one side of the field only - because he cannot pass cleanly to both sides to save his life. Which is the single most vital skill a starting hooker needs. You can get away with an interchange guy having a clear weak side with his passing (they're often used more for their running game against tired opposition anyway) - but your main 9? Hell no!

Hey Turbo1 Buhrer is an excellent dummy half. The reason Matt Ballin got shafted and I agreed with him being moved on is because without a gift Lyon Foran snake focus point after dummy half we were found out despite crisp reliable service. It was too easy for defences to read. We went so well in 14 because Buhrer was giving us thirty minutes of a more nuanced attack. Then he got busted and we got bundled out.

He played nine for NSW.

Buhrer would cut it as a hooker from back when all you had to was pass but since cam smith came everyone now knows passing is probably the least important role for a hooker these days. As long as the ball gets to the man. To win a premiership these days you need one vital thing, an attacking hooker that can kick, scoot alot and set up tries. Granville, Ennis aren't the best passers from hooker but they make up for it with their explosive running and kicking. Buhrer back in the day would have been a great hooker but not now. Koroisau lacks passing certainly but he has everything an attacking hookers needs and if he was a bit more solid he wouldn't miss as many tackles cause he hits like a truck same with Parcell they were mainly bought for their attack. Its compromise, with Ballin you get rock solid defence and excellent passing but no attack. With Koroisau you get Exceptional attack with poor passing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2