Bye 10 Million Man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont mind that people get stuck into him tbh, he's getting the huge coin so people were ,and are, always going to jump on him when he is playing ****e.

IMO he is still a great player but he needs to pull finger, fast.

I don't see this as cherry's fault, I'm blaming the coaching staff. Our set plays in attack are very, very poor. He can't even ad lib in attack because there's no set plays to defer from, so he just looks lost when he gets the ball and the defence is always ready for him.
We may not like using the forwards as an excuse but it's a valid one, no half back can tear through a well set defensive line always on the front foot.

DCE will come good. He got smashed doing the defensive work of the forwards in the first half. Made some bad errors but also hard to be a genius under those circumstances. It is round 2 with a heap of new signings and he is the least of my concerns. Sure the Raiders pulled a few great wins with the same situation and good on them but every one of their signings have been going great guns. That is the difference.

This is the sad part. People are blaming players for this tripe. This is all about coaching. Matai, Lyon and DCE did not just forget how to play overnight. They are trying to follow a game plan that was designed by an amateur coach who has no premierships to his name as a player or coach in any grade. The team is an unfit rabble and it is purely down to coaching. So stop blaming players. Even Green and Williame are not at fault as they should never have been anywhere near our first team in the first place.

This is the sad part. People are blaming players for this tripe. This is all about coaching. Matai, Lyon and DCE did not just forget how to play overnight. They are trying to follow a game plan that was designed by an amateur coach who has no premierships to his name as a player or coach in any grade. The team is an unfit rabble and it is purely down to coaching. So stop blaming players. Even Green and Williame are not at fault as they should never have been anywhere near our first team in the first place.

Although Green did get in the way of a certain DCE try and proceeded to stop after he caught the ball. Why WHy WHy WHy

I've had enough of his crap performances for us and it's time for cherry to leave manly.
Right, so DCE has 2 average games (not even 'bad' games, just average ones) and you have had enough of his performances and want him to leave the club. You clearly have NFI. Can you leave this forum?

Moderators, is it somehow possible to install an IQ test that forum users must pass before joining the site and start posting? We need some quality control around here. There has been a lot of dumb comments since our slow start to the year. This clown wants Daly Cherry Evans to leave Manly because he has had 2 average games lol. SERENITY NOW

1. Thurston
2. Cronk
3. Milford
4. Hunt
5. A Reynolds
6. Austin
7. Morgan

Based on form in the past 12 months that's how I'd rate the halves, DCE hasn't been a top player since 2014

1 thurston
2 cronk
3 milford
4 morgan
5 dce
6 hunt
7 reynolds
8 austin
9 norman

Wow Manly fans over rate DCE. Sorry, just feel that. I'd say he's one of the bottom (when it comes to natural skill and quality) in the NRL. It just times perfectly with the club falling apart, and being desperate to hold / retain and acquire talent (which is why we are lumbered with Myles ridiculous contract)

Wow Manly fans over rate DCE. Sorry, just feel that. I'd say he's one of the bottom (when it comes to natural skill and quality) in the NRL. It just times perfectly with the club falling apart, and being desperate to hold / retain and acquire talent (which is why we are lumbered with Myles ridiculous contract)
Sorry Ryan but you are just dribbling **** at the moment.

The bottom? Really?
How many players at the bottom have won a man of the match award in a grand final (or even been in one)
How many players at the bottom have won a Dally M half back of the year award?

Yes he has not been great so far this year but to call him one of the bottom half backs is just silly.

The bottom? Really?
How many players at the bottom have won a man of the match award in a grand final (or even been in one)

Yes he has not been great so far this year but to call him one of the bottom half backs is just silly.

Sorry, we played against The Dogs - new halves pairings. Reynolds and Mbye both literally tore DCE a new one.

Followed that up with a game against relatively rookie halves Moses and Brooks made Walker / DCE look like bantem weights.

Ok, new team, new forwards - lets use that excuse for this year.

Last year, the media was saying his form was down due to the contract negotiation, and a random injury.

yes, he was much better at one point, but boy, it's been a long time (and I don't mean a good game here or there) where he's been constantly dominant. At 1.3 million I want his worst to be pretty close to his best.

His asking price means other positions are weakened - so I expect him to carry that slack given what he agreed to sign for.

No way is his level of play the equivalent of his contract demand. I expect dominance for the leagues highest paid player.

Sorry, we played against The Dogs - new halves pairings. Reynolds and Mbye both literally tore DCE a new one.

Followed that up with a game against relatively rookie halves Moses and Brooks made Walker / DCE look like bantem weights.

Ok, new team, new forwards - lets use that excuse for this year.

Last year, the media was saying his form was down due to the contract negotiation, and a random injury.

yes, he was much better at one point, but boy, it's been a long time (and I don't mean a good game here or there) where he's been constantly dominant. At 1.3 million I want his worst to be pretty close to his best.

His asking price means other positions are weakened - so I expect him to carry that slack given what he agreed to sign for.

No way is his level of play the equivalent of his contract demand. I expect dominance for the leagues highest paid player.

A couple of things

1. The 10 mil is not all cap rather it is the total value of the contract over a number of years. Considering what average players are now looking to earn (see the tele article last week about the off contract half backs) he is not overly priced
2. Moses and Brooks have both been in first grade since 2014 and playing fairly regularly since then same as the dogs (Trent H was out for large parts of last year)
3. You called out Api, Myles, Vave, Green & brown as under performing players. Last year due to a variety of injuries and set backs we al know the forward issues we had. How is a half meant to be dominant in those situations?

Is he in the best of form now? No.

Is he one of the "bottom" half backs? No

The bottom? Really?

Careful or he'll label you a troll.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7