Bye 10 Million Man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last week Mick Ennis was quoting James Graham saying he'd rather be the second best paid player on the team rather than the top, because when you're the highest paid you need to be consistently winning games and you're constantly in the spotlight. Unfortunately DCE has made his bed with his negotiation antics last year, and now he has to lie in it.

Fact of the matter is that Jack Littlejohn would have had similar (potentially more) impact than DCE has had in the past two weeks and we are right to feel aggrieved: From two games he has 0 tries, 0 try assists, 0 line breaks, 0 line break assists. And when you're getting $1m+ that's just not good enough.

Last week Mick Ennis was quoting James Graham saying he'd rather be the second best paid player on the team rather than the top, because when you're the highest paid you need to be consistently winning games and you're constantly in the spotlight. Unfortunately DCE has made his bed with his negotiation antics last year, and now he has to lie in it.

Fact of the matter is that Jack Littlejohn would have had similar (potentially more) impact than DCE has had in the past two weeks and we are right to feel aggrieved: From two games he has 0 tries, 0 try assists, 0 line breaks, 0 line break assists.

6th highest tackle is also an impact

Haha.
Troll city, OP

Cherry still is in the top 5 halves in the game.

Patience is a virtue
For now maybe,his passing,& kicking hasn't been anything to boast about plus he looks scared to get tackled & run with the ball.Show some heart cause at the moment he looks like he needs guidance.

He is not playing to his price tag, but letting him go is not an option. 2 weeks into a 8 year deal.

I remember when Brent Sherwin signed a 5 year deal with the Bulldogs after they won the premiership. His form deteriorated very quickly and he was over playing in the ESL not long after. Long contracts aren't a good idea. Luckily we've only signed DCE to a 10 year deal.

Careful or he'll label you a troll.

Mate, you said I was talking ****, lets be fair.

If someone listed all the halfbacks at the various clubs, I bet there are at least 8 halfbacks I'd prefer over DCE, so he would be in the bottom 1/2.

From memory:-
I'd have the Warriors 1/2 over DCE (current Kiwi 1/2 back) - Johnson
I'd have the Cowboys 1/2 over DCE (current Aust 1/2 back) - Thurston & to a lesser degree Morgan
I'd have the Broncos 1/2 over DCE (current QLD incubent imo) - Hunt
I'd have the Storm 1/2 over DCE (current Australian/QLD 1/2) - Cronk
I'd have the Roosters 1/2 over DCE (current NSW 1/2 - if he comes back) - Pearce
I'd have the Rabbits 1/2 over DCE (look at his team f/a diammm) - Reynolds
HATE this: I'd actually have Parra's 1/2 (removing all the BS that happened) Foran and to a lesser degree Norman

I could go on mate. I was just saying he'd be on the bottom halves in the game on present form. I understand he's a Manly player, and that means he can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

He's not playing to his potential, and his worst is too far removed from his best. I'd say 85% of people in this thread have said the same thing - he's out - of - form.

Hiding from that fact does no good mate. It ain't talking **** - it's saying it how I feel.

If someone listed all the halfbacks at the various clubs, I bet there are at least 8 halfbacks I'd prefer over DCE, so he would be in the bottom 1/2.

I'd have the Cowboys 1/2 over DCE (current Aust 1/2 back) - Thurston & to a lesser degree Morgan
I'd have the Roosters 1/2 over DCE (current NSW 1/2 - if he comes back) - Pearce
HATE this: I'd actually have Parra's 1/2 (removing all the BS that happened) Foran and to a lesser degree Norman

I could go on mate. I was just saying he'd be on the bottom halves in the game on present form. I understand he's a Manly player, and that means he can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

He's not playing to his potential, and his worst is too far removed from his best. I'd say 85% of people in this thread have said the same thing - he's out - of - form.

Hiding from that fact does no good mate. It ain't talking **** - it's saying it how I feel.
If you're using present form as the guide, how can you have Pearce ahead of him? Or Shaun Johnson for that matter.

Rating players as a week to week proposition in a team game is as useful as wanting to sack everyone based on weekly results.

We know for a fact the talent is there, and we saw glimpses of it last night (and for a decent stretch too). There are individuals that are dragging the whole down just by weak play (*cough* Myles) - which is the difference between some and DCE. He at least is trying but is probably overwhelmed with the new role (i.e. orchestrating everything) behind a weak platform.

Yeah DCE is having a shocker. All he needs to do is put on about 20kg. Then he can do 2 or 3 effective hitups at the beginning of every set. On the third all he needs to do is a quick play-the-ball and then run like the flash to get into position for a one-out pass by Parcell from dummy half.

He'll then have all the time in the world to weave his magic.

Here's a question for the wise and others: where does he rate in the all time list of halves who've played for Manly?

I'm glad you don't run the team Ryan

I'd honestly have DCE over all the halves you listed

Cronk and Thurston are clearly better players but both are in the twilight of their careers

Johnson is amazing but but sporadic and not a general

Foran is not a halfback

Pearce and Reynolds......c'mon you are having a laugh

Hunt is a pretty decent player but I think DCE will shade him long term

its only round 2 lets be more positive the more they play together the more they will gell, its a brand new team give them time plus they were alot better last night than the first round! and you cannot just blame it on DCE he cant perform when the whole team isnt, wait for stewart to come back and turbo on the wing instead of williame (now he is hopeless) then it will start looking like the manly we all know! And most of all as manly supporters be proud and more comfordent that this will all pan out instead of banging our own team like bulldog supporters..LETS GO MANLY

Mate it's not only how you feel it's a fact he is currently close to the bottom. Last year it was contract negotiations, this year the forwards, next year will be what...........

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4