Canberra Raiders v Manly Sea Eagles [Round 24 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm loving this new rule where any team playing Manly with the ball can walk a couple of meters forward off the mark and then get a penalty for offside.

I'm loving this new rule where any team playing Manly with the ball can walk a couple of meters forward off the mark and then get a penalty for offside.

jbb/james said:
globaleagle said:
Pretty excited, that game is on live here too! (9pm)

So I can drunk post with the rest of you!

hey global. do you go via the nrl to watch from overseas> im moving to the states in the off season so just wondering

Hi mate,

Nah, the nrl site wont let people in the states or canada subscribe to it, as north america has the games on pay tv.

I subscribe to sportsnet world and record/watch the games on there.

Go Manly.

Very quick editing by someone in the fox editing box to put those 2 hits matai did late in the game. Just to get the commentators talking about shoulder charges.

Also I think when the media talk about something not happening (this week it was the ref's not using the sin bin...) The call goes out to whomever is reffing Manly with a 'git er done' call. Result = Matai to the bin.

The defense was not good at all today, and we were lucky the Raiders are in self-destruct. We showed incredible defensive attitude and execution at the beginning of the year, high-lighted by a memorable gutsy performance against the Storm. However, things seem to have fallen away since those early showings... Is it the level of intensity being too much to maintain over a season? If we could rediscover that defensive intensity I would feel very confident about our chances of taking it out this year.

^ Agree that we need to improve the defence (probably hard to keep the attitude going) but that was one of those "danger games" and I'm glad we got out of there with the win.
Refs, as usual, proved a blight on the game. It's not just the penalties that go against us but the calls we don't get. For example, George has the ball stripped, plain as day, and they say he lost it after the tackle was complete. Canberra then get a penalty the very next set. And Matai cops knees in the head to get to the short line drop out from Milford, which clearly doesn't go 10 metres and is therefore a penalty to us - instead, it's Canberra's ball. Even when the game is over, they can't bring themselves to give us a penalty.

I don't think our defense is the issue, its our discipline and to an extent some terrible refereeing bias. If we can get an equal penalty count we can beat anyone on our day.

Love this thread. Greatest team and happy days and all laughs until page 9 and then we start blaming the ref and square ups as we lose control of the game. Page 19 seems happy again. It's like bipolar city on here. An emotional rollercoaster but funny to read.

torana355 said:
I don't think our defense is the issue, its our discipline and to an extent some terrible refereeing bias. If we can get an equal penalty count we can beat anyone on our day.

Well the even penalties won't happen next week that's for sure. At least 2 to 1 against us next week for certain.

Darren said:
Love this thread. Greatest team and happy days and all laughs until page 9 and then we start blaming the ref and square ups as we lose control of the game. Page 19 seems happy again. It's like bipolar city on here. An emotional rollercoaster but funny to read.

Losing control of a game will come when you are penalised by a 2 to 1 advantage. It's like after 20 min the refs decide it's time to death ride Manly. Kind of like only posting on here after we lose but disappear when we have a winning run.

Darren said:

Did you watch the game, Darren ? At what part did we lose control, and who took the control from us, was it the Raiders, or was it the refs ?
What was your interpretation of the Matai sinbinning ?

@Darren

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8