Canberra Raiders v Manly Sea Eagles [Round 24 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Seagulls really missed Brenton Stewart and Brent White.

#abccanberra

What about the video before the game of the Manly fans getting pictures with the Canberra cheerleaders.

Fess up, lads.

It all got too much for the referees. 24-0 up then Hiku runs in but some Raider picked the wrong attacker & fell flat on his back. Penalty Raiders. No replay to see the defender picked the wrong attacker. Instead of 30-0 then all the Raiders run of gift penalties starts up.

I see the discipline and defense as part of the same issue. The penalties only matter if you allow them to get in your head and develop a victim attitude (much like us fans easily do). I'd suggest a professional sports team spend time and effort to train themselves not to buy into such mentality. I think developing an attitude that says I tackle, tackle and tackle whatever is in front of me, regardless of penalties or other such like, would generally provide better outcomes.

torana355 said:
I don't think our defense is the issue, its our discipline and to an extent some terrible refereeing bias. If we can get an equal penalty count we can beat anyone on our day.

And just to prove to Tooves after last Friday night there is no such thing as "late penalty evener uppers" in NRL games, Manly didn't even get any of those today.

mickqld said:
I'm loving this new rule where any team playing Manly with the ball can walk a couple of meters forward off the mark and then get a penalty for offside.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this new rule Mick.

And they wonder why our boys can't get to marker ? It's costing us 4 or 5 penalties a game. But of course the reason is our poor discipline.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
Storm won 64-4. Now about 10 points differential ahead of Manly.

It's more than that

We are 214, they are now 235

So we need a 20+ flogging of them next week to have a shot at 3rd. Possible if Snake, Kitey and Tommy S are back and we get a fair refereeing performance who will penalise all the grubby tactics the Storm will throw up........ahhhhhh who am I kidding we are no chance.

Darren said:
Tokyo, I meant the fans on the thread. It goes quickly downhill after page 9.

@Darren, i understand what you meant. I was just pointing out that there was a massive referee shift starting with the Hiku try, which i can bear, and the Matai sin-binning, which sees the raiders claw their way back into the game.
Was it the raiders who took control off us, or was it the refs who changed the game in your opinion ?

mickqld said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
Storm won 64-4. Now about 10 points differential ahead of Manly.

It's more than that

We are 214, they are now 235

So we need a 20+ flogging of them next week to have a shot at 3rd. Possible if Snake, Kitey and Tommy S are back and we get a fair refereeing performance who will penalise all the grubby tactics the Storm will throw up........ahhhhhh who am I kidding we are no chance.

If we won by 10 it would be level pegging and come down to shootout much like 2008 was, the difference this time being we play after them so will know the equation, them v Titans and us v Panthers

Personally I'm happy with 4th, wouldn't mind the Roosters week 1

What did Mattai get binned for today...all of a sudden this week its a new thing...

Kiwi Eagle said:
Personally I'm happy with 4th, wouldn't mind the Roosters week 1

Yeah I agree I'm confident we can handle the chooks and SFS v Chooks is better than ANZ vs The Grubs of the League

torana355 said:
I don't think our defense is the issue, its our discipline and to an extent some terrible refereeing bias. If we can get an equal penalty count we can beat anyone on our day.

True, but we missed 36 tackles to Canberra's 19. That's never a good sign.
I'm sure we'll be on our game against the Drizzle though.

Playing the Roosters will at least give us a fair shake in the pink department. Souths are getting everything going their way this year. Ideally we want to upset the Roosters in Week 1 and Storm to upset Souths as well.

So if in Wk 1 if 4th Manly beat 1st Roosters & 2nd Souths beat 3rd Storm, then Manly are in a final but could end up facing Storm in it? Can't work the finals draw out.

Just diverging for a moment. Do U20 teams defend or are players in those games just speed bumps. Canberra beat Manly 52-38, which is a total of 9 tries to 7 or 16 tries for the match or 90 points scored. The only positive is that Manly are coming last and Canberra are the 'hot' team of the comp and we gave them a real hurry up. I see Trbojevic apparently played another outstanding performance. This kid is really going to be something. Young Kelly is apparently doing well as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8