Ch9.....5 more years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully they get told what games are on and when - as opposed to what happens now (nine tells everyone else).

The other thing the NRL needs to do is if nine isn't completing there side of the deal ie not showing match's live on a Friday night they get fined $100k for every minute it's delayed or nine runs the risk of losing the rights.
I think it was the double header last year that wasn't technically live (10-15mins delayed)

Next on the agenda would have to be expansion

Hopefully they get told what games are on and when - as opposed to what happens now (nine tells everyone else).

The other thing the NRL needs to do is if nine isn't completing there side of the deal ie not showing match's live on a Friday night they get fined $100k for every minute it's delayed or nine runs the risk of losing the rights.
I think it was the double header last year that wasn't technically live (10-15mins delayed)

Next on the agenda would have to be expansion

The agreement includes:

· A cash component of $925m, $90m of which will be paid prior to the start of the first season;

· Advertising packages to the value of $100m;

· The Nine Network will broadcast:

o Three weekly matches (two on Friday and one on Sunday);

o Three Thursday evening matches over the course of the year;

o A stand-alone Test and City v Country weekend;

o Wednesday night State of Origin matches;

o A night-time Grand Final (7.15pm kick-off);

o The Roosters Dragons Anzac Day matches;

o Two hours of Rugby League content each evening on digital Channel 94 plus two hours of content on Saturday and Sunday morning;

o Nine will ensure that all of its matches are telecast on either the ‘primary’ or ‘digital’ station in each state;

o The Queensland In Trust Super Cup.

· Fox Sports will telecast:

o Five weekly matches across Saturday, Sunday and Monday;

o Thirteen Sunday evening matches (6.30pm) over the course of the year;

o The Storm v Warriors Anzac Day game (other than in 2014);

o Three non NRL matches each week played in conjunction with the Telstra Premiership game (which will be shared between Toyota Cup, NSW Cup and GIO Schoolboys Cup);

· Nine and Fox Sports will provide coverage of The Four Nations Tournament;

· The first 20 rounds of the Premiership will be scheduled in advance of the season;

· The final six rounds will be scheduled at Round 16;

· Both Nine and Fox Sports will work together to stage two player development academies to train players in media presentation.

Night grand final?
Only partially set schedule?
Continued delayed games?

Apparently John Grant said this deal justified the formation of the independent commission. To be honest its not very good - practically the same thing as now, but at the very bottom of the estimate of the price they were going to get.

The agreement includes:

· A cash component of $925m, $90m of which will be paid prior to the start of the first season;

· Advertising packages to the value of $100m;

· The Nine Network will broadcast:

o Three weekly matches (two on Friday and one on Sunday);

o Three Thursday evening matches over the course of the year;

o A stand-alone Test and City v Country weekend;

o Wednesday night State of Origin matches;

o A night-time Grand Final (7.15pm kick-off);

o The Roosters Dragons Anzac Day matches;

o Two hours of Rugby League content each evening on digital Channel 94 plus two hours of content on Saturday and Sunday morning;

o Nine will ensure that all of its matches are telecast on either the ‘primary’ or ‘digital’ station in each state;

o The Queensland In Trust Super Cup.

· Fox Sports will telecast:

o Five weekly matches across Saturday, Sunday and Monday;

o Thirteen Sunday evening matches (6.30pm) over the course of the year;

o The Storm v Warriors Anzac Day game (other than in 2014);

o Three non NRL matches each week played in conjunction with the Telstra Premiership game (which will be shared between Toyota Cup, NSW Cup and GIO Schoolboys Cup);

· Nine and Fox Sports will provide coverage of The Four Nations Tournament;

· The first 20 rounds of the Premiership will be scheduled in advance of the season;

· The final six rounds will be scheduled at Round 16;

· Both Nine and Fox Sports will work together to stage two player development academies to train players in media presentation.

Night grand final?
Only partially set schedule?
Continued delayed games?

Apparently John Grant said this deal justified the formation of the independent commission. To be honest its not very good - practically the same thing as now, but at the very bottom of the estimate of the price they were going to get.

I like the fact that have gone with fixed schedule for the first 20 rounds but I cant belive they are going to keep the 2nd Friday night game. They should ditch that game and have it played on either Saturday or Sunday arvo. More day games the better!

I like the fact that have gone with fixed schedule for the first 20 rounds but I cant belive they are going to keep the 2nd Friday night game. They should ditch that game and have it played on either Saturday or Sunday arvo. More day games the better!

Yes but its not for all rounds and is about the only concession the NRL seemed to get. Why is it that AFL gets a much better deal?

Yes but its not for all rounds and is about the only concession the NRL seemed to get. Why is it that AFL gets a much better deal?

From a MWTS perspective MUCH better....20 rounds in advance will mean cheaper airfares for all...and the last 6 rounds by Round 16 is a huge improvment as well.

I also watched the Press Conference, and was interested to hear from the Fox Sports man about "digital rights for all games" on I-Phone / I-pad etc.

For those of us that chose to live in Brisbane this "could mean" as a Fox subscriber we should be able to watch the other game legally streamed in.

Not perfect BUT better I feel

From a MWTS perspective MUCH better....20 rounds in advance will mean cheaper airfares for all...and the last 6 rounds by Round 16 is a huge improvment as well.

I also watched the Press Conference, and was interested to hear from the Fox Sports man about "digital rights for all games" on I-Phone / I-pad etc.

For those of us that chose to live in Brisbane this "could mean" as a Fox subscriber we should be able to watch the other game legally streamed in.

Not perfect BUT better I feel

fox sports will only be able to have their 5 games through the digital things like tablet apps etc, won't get the option of legally streaming in second fri night game live instead etc.

nrl wont be doing the scheduling still, networks will still be picking the games so it's going to continue to be a broncos love fest on friday nights even when it's fixed.

no grand finals or origin in HD until 2014 when they 'have to' is a joke.

they got their $$$$ which is great, but overall it seems like not much will change.. more bloody night games, sure its a great game for television, but how about focusing on getting families back to the games by having more day games. it's embarrasing for the code watching games in empty stadiums.

fox sports will only be able to have their 5 games through the digital things like tablet apps etc, won't get the option of legally streaming in second fri night game live instead etc.

nrl wont be doing the scheduling still, networks will still be picking the games so it's going to continue to be a broncos love fest on friday nights even when it's fixed.

no grand finals or origin in HD until 2014 when they 'have to' is a joke.

they got their $$$$ which is great, but overall it seems like not much will change.. more bloody night games, sure its a great game for television, but how about focusing on getting families back to the games by having more day games. it's embarrasing for the code watching games in empty stadiums.

What a joke!!! They should have split the game between free to air networks!!! Waste of a great opportunity, well done independent commission... A deal that Gallop would have easily orchestrated, we didn't need a indepentent commission after all...

So much or moving forward!

What a joke!!! They should have split the game between free to air networks!!! Waste of a great opportunity, well done independent commission... A deal that Gallop would have easily orchestrated, we didn't need a indepentent commission after all...

So much or moving forward!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7