Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a member.

Though I did send them an email a couple of days ago and haven't heard back.

Already on their offseason? lol
I sent one months ago ... still waiting. And it was an enquiry about seating, that was all.

An article on the coronavirus hiatus

Can your NRL club survive the coronavirus hiatus?​

The Penn family is believed to have forked out about $1 million per year on average to keep the club operating and it will need a huge commitment from its private owners - or a white knight - to survive the financial fallout.​

Tax write-off.

I sent one months ago ... still waiting. And it was an enquiry about seating, that was all.

'ello

I meant the MWRLFC, not the seaeagles people who handle seating, etc.

(though it's unusual for either organisation not to be on top of things email-wise).

Wow. How did you know I tried that?
Spooky!

watching and waiting.

giphy.gif

Go Manly!

I received an email today from the Leagues Club. They have launched a competition (open to LC members) to come up with a new group name for the LC, DY Bowling Club and another outfit called Northern Beaches Events:

8EC34D95-2F4B-4FE5-B683-AC257A143364.jpeg

A sign that things are looking up on that front.

I received an email today from the Leagues Club. They have launched a competition (open to LC members) to come up with a new group name for the LC, DY Bowling Club and another outfit called Northern Beaches Events:

View attachment 21975
Who's running the leagues club now looks like they have rebuilt well as organization. 5 or so years ago it looked like the place was done.

I remember when I lived down their in 2009-2010 the place was dead outside of game days

View attachment 21975

Hmmmm......

the global eagles.

@:cool:

Lucky you, I haven't received such email.

On this subject though, the Telecrap had an article in the last couple of days:
"Members of the financially-troubled Narrabeen RSL Club — which was forced to shut it doors in February — have been thrown a lifeline by the giant Manly Leagues Club."

Giant?? Of course it's behind a paywall. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here. Looks like the LC could be getting even bigger.

Really surprised our last home game isn't Members Appreciation Day, as it usually is. Very disappointing and that pretty much sums up our season. Won't be breaking any membership records in 2023.

Edit: Match Day Information says it IS Members Appreciation Round this Saturday at Brookie :clap:

Last edited:

View attachment 21975
I think Northern Beaches Events might be the mob that took over the receivership of Narrabeen RSL...

Lucky you, I haven't received such email.

On this subject though, the Telecrap had an article in the last couple of days:
"Members of the financially-troubled Narrabeen RSL Club — which was forced to shut it doors in February — have been thrown a lifeline by the giant Manly Leagues Club."

Giant?? Of course it's behind a paywall. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here. Looks like the LC could be getting even bigger.
Another 24-25 machines, presumably transferred to Brookvale and maybe DY. They must be pushing towards 250 machines.

Last edited:
MWRLC took over the North Manly Bowling Club with disastrous results in 2018.

They ran it at a loss, jumped ship when their current Brookvale lease was extended and then stripped the place, leaving it unusable. (Even took the beer lines!)

They also kept 12 pokies licences from the Bowlo which were worth approx $240K
There was a fair bit of pushback too from Council and some concerned local citizens (aka Manly haters - like ex-cop Pat Daley).

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6