Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sad that with so many legends leaving us, we are by far the worst team in the entire league at the moment.

I don't see us going anywhere NEAR any other club performance wise on (actually or OFF) the field ATM.

I can't even see one crumb of light at the end of the tunnel here. 2023 is legit the year we'll get our first wooden spoon . 0 recruitment, despite a raft of players leaving too, and all our junior teams being complete arse.
I gather the marquee signing you were confident about last week is less likely now ?

I gather the marquee signing you were confident about last week is less likely now ?
You do not always have to spend big money to get a good player who gives you good returns
There are value players out there with untapped potential

I remember a true story where our Legendary Godfather signed a young player by watching highlights that was sent to him and that player later became our premiership winning captain .
The players name and bargain buy at the time was Paul Vautin

We need injection of players in our squad in 2023 that have the capacity to compete with top 8 teams because the lot that we have now have not been able to do so even with Tom Turbo on the field for the first 7 games

Everything from field results to the front office is so depressing. Season 2023 I can see Manly getting less membership numbers and less crowds because let's face it this year's team would flogg next year's team. The recruitment and retention has been dismal for years and the only way to change this is sack everyone and start fresh.

You do not always have to spend big money to get a good player who gives you good returns

I remember a true story where our Legendary Godfather signed a young player by watching highlights that was sent to him and that player later became our premiership winning captain .

We need injection of players in our squad in 2023 that have the capacity to compete with top 8 teams because the lot that we have now have not been able to do so even with Tom Turbo on the field for the first 7 games
The players we have need a cattle prod up the arse to get them going.

Pretty sure i remember an article in RLW about vautin being a bargain at 6k

I don't get why we can't sign anyone? I mean anyone ......
Because we are the tight arses now.

No we don't, but we already have a number of young ones with talent we are banking on they achieve.
It wouldn't hurt to have 1 or 2 more upgrades in the forwards, ie prop and hooker.
Besides my post was a question to Ryan as he was confident last week of a good signing coming in and at the least would show we are looking for upgrades externally in some areas but this week not so much judging by his post.

Everything from field results to the front office is so depressing. Season 2023 I can see Manly getting less membership numbers and less crowds because let's face it this year's team would flogg next year's team. The recruitment and retention has been dismal for years and the only way to change this is sack everyone and start fresh.
I feel your pain and passion feathered friend

But we must never forget and always remember

that the core soul of the club is its loyal and dedicated club members

We never want to leave our Legendary club without a soul

So we must lead by example renew our club membership

and revive and inspire the winning change ahead that is needed !!!

See the source image

Our ball play and structure only ever looks good with walker on the park.

I will misss him, I cannot believe our cap is so stuffed that we are losing Foran, tapau and walker and can’t afford anyone of note.

It’s not like our much vaunted rookies are performing so well they need immediate and massive upgrades
We seem to forget that our much vaunted rookies have pretty much come in together
Saab - his 2nd full year of 1st grade
Harper - as above
Koula - 1st year
Tui - 1st year
Schu - 2nd year
Guac - 2nd year
Garrick - 3rd full year

not to mention Keppie,Paseka are less than 80 games in, we are a young squad.

They've shown enough to get upgrades.
Foz, Tapau and Walker have all gone for their final pay days and who can blame them.

Do we keep any of them on the same money at the risk of losing the others?

We seem to forget that our much vaunted rookies have pretty much come in together
Saab - his 2nd full year of 1st grade
Harper - as above
Koula - 1st year
Tui - 1st year
Schu - 2nd year
Guac - 2nd year
Garrick - 3rd full year

not to mention Keppie,Paseka are less than 80 games in, we are a young squad.

They've shown enough to get upgrades.
Foz, Tapau and Walker have all gone for their final pay days and who can blame them.

Do we keep any of them on the same money at the risk of losing the others?

Oh I agree with that and I’m not saying we should keep them. But I do worry that we are losing a fair bit without replacing it for the same outlay as this year. Who in the squad can do walkers role? Is schuster going to be an effective half and compliment the captain? Will paeseka ever string more than
2 games together. Will Sipley and keppie ever be consistent first grade players. Does Ben turbo have anything in the kit bag at all or is he the most vanilla footy player ever

Is there a team that can be moulded from our squad, can cherry lead them and can des coach them and do the fans and sponsors have the patience to see if this can happen.

All legitimate concerns.

I think not signing those three was, and is, the right call, but we are a much weaker squad without them or any replacements

We NEVER announce signings , for example I’m still waiting for the Matt Orford signing at the end of 2007.

Let’s see what 2023 brings later in the year.

Don't worry about signings because they won't be happening but wait till this one hits the media. 3 of the pride 7 have asked for an early release , all forwards.
Where did you hear that Mick? And who are they?

Sif Topley?

Is the the Big O getting the Big A?

Is Aloha saying goodbye?

What about the Schu? Is he getting the boot?

If true, it has to happen, sooner rather than later, unless attitudes change. Sadly a mishandled initiative looks like it has metastasized into a cancer eating away at our club.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7