Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why because the poor bugger was the one with des that had to front the media and cop the crap when the god squad boycotted.

Hasn't been his best two weeks but he has a great season the crap he cops from our own fans is shameful. One look at his face out there and you can see he is frustrated and hurting
Unfortunately we've become a toxic squad with fractures everywhere. As is with any organisation that ends up like this, the top dogs on the highest salaries will attract the blame and the venomous attention from the disenfranchised.

In the NHL (I know it's a much bigger sport), struggling team owners and coaches quite often at seasons end release an open letter , explaining what the strategies (coaching, roster, management etc) will be going forward to give the fans some direction and hope.

I'd love Scott Penn, Des Hasler , or Tony Mestrov to do something similar, along with signings we don't know about.

In the NHL (I know it's a much bigger sport), struggling team owners and coaches quite often at seasons end release an open letter , explaining what the strategies (coaching, roster, management etc) will be going forward to give the fans some direction and hope.

I'd love Scott Penn, Des Hasler , or Tony Mestrov to do something similar, along with signings we don't know about.
But that would require the NRL/Manly to be more fan friendly by opening themselves.Manly especially,don’t like to promote themselves or give any secrets away.Is it any wonder the game and Manly for that matter,hasn’t really progressed any further than it was 20-30 yrs ago,the womens game aside

You should write it for them bro:) :) or write one to penn.

Absolute godsend if true!!!!!!!! Let them walk, and recruit very very carefully. Next year is a right off anyway. Time to bring in some players of the old Manly values. Fuk these gangster nobody’s right off. Bring in hard workers. God I hope this is true…
Agree, hozza, but have to say that I did find your pleas to a higher power a touch ironic. Isn't God responsible for this whole mess in the first place?;)

That’s an easy one for Mestrov let them go!

Can free up some coin and bring players into the club that want to play for Manly.
It only frees up coin if they go without Manly having to chip in their existing contracts and the 7 players have multiple year contracts still to run.Other clubs will be obviously interested but they’ll know Manly’s situation and won’t want them unless Manly foot some of the bill

There is a strong rumour that we are going to trade Morgan Boyle for Cameron Munster

It only frees up coin if they go without Manly having to chip in their existing contracts and the 7 players have multiple year contracts still to run.Other clubs will be obviously interested but they’ll know Manly’s situation and won’t want them unless Manly foot some of the bill
Surely they can't ask for a release and expect Manly to foot the bill?

At least some sort of letter to the fans, members, sponsors to assure everyone that they have a strategic plan in place. At the moment it appears like a sh*t show. They owe us all that much seeing we put our hard earned money, time and emotions into supporting this club and look at the swill we've been served up lately.

Im sick and tired of all this cap b.....t. look at the dogs and all the players they have bought and now they are saying that in 24 they will be flushed with so much money that they will be very active in the player market again. Yes we have 3 Marquee players on big bucks and have upgraded players but so do the roosters and other clubs but they are all still very active in the player market. How many players have we let go of over the last decade and not replaced, way more than any other club and with what we have for next year, it aint looking any better than this year. Remember the days when we were connected with any player that came on the market but not any more, remember when players wanted to come to our great club, again not anymore. From where I sit, the future isnt looking any brighter for our great club. Something needs to change in a big way. Good luck Tony, May the force be with you, your gunner need it.

Im sick and tired of all this cap b.....t. look at the dogs and all the players they have bought and now they are saying that in 24 they will be flushed with so much money that they will be very active in the player market again. Yes we have 3 Marquee players on big bucks and have upgraded players but so do the roosters and other clubs but they are all still very active in the player market. How many players have we let go of over the last decade and not replaced, way more than any other club and with what we have for next year, it aint looking any better than this year. Remember the days when we were connected with any player that came on the market but not any more, remember when players wanted to come to our great club, again not anymore. From where I sit, the future isnt looking any brighter for our great club. Something needs to change in a big way. Good luck Tony, May the force be with you, your gunner need it.

This is what I cannot wrap my head around either.

How can we let Foran, Marty, Walker, Davey, Tafua, etc go and then only have enough to sign the Tigers guy.

I get that we have offered upgrades to existing players, and that's great, but the sheer numbers do not stack up for me.

And before anyone counters with "the players will be unhappy and want out, and cause a rift in the club if they don't get upgraded".....we are at that point even with the upgrades.

This is what I cannot wrap my head around either.

How can we let Foran, Marty, Walker, Davey, Tafua, etc go and then only have enough to sign the Tigers guy.

I get that we have offered upgrades to existing players, and that's great, but the sheer numbers do not stack up for me.
From what has been talked about Foz, Walker, Davey and Taufua were on very modest money (Foz had a large 3rd party, Walker was constantly being bailed out of jail and Taufua was reserve grade for much of his latter yrs)

From what has been talked about Foz, Walker, Davey and Taufua were on very modest money (Foz had a large 3rd party, Walker was constantly being bailed out of jail and Taufua was reserve grade for much of his latter yrs)

Would still have to be at least $1.5 mill between the 4 of them, surely....then add Martys big money.

Reading between the lines you are suggesting it's not aloai or schu, leaving us with 4 out of these 5:
  • koula
  • tuipolotu
  • Saab
  • sipley
  • olokautu

Out of the above guac and Koula would be a shame... the rest could be strategically replaced imo!
If this is true, I’m sure the vultures in the media will be all over it. Keep Koula and Guac and let the rest go. Tui has been rubbish since cementing is reg wing spot. Sipley - see ya later. Saab looked pretty happy to me in the fan day pics.

That's the whole point I'm making.
It doesn't add up to me that we can only sign 1 player, and reportedly the cap is full.
Yeah but it depends if some of that money is used in upgrades and what’s left to sign gap fillers. Problem is we have 3 players taking up 30% of our cap Of those 3, one plays 30% of a season, the other players for 3 origin games and maybe 3 club games. Whilst Jake (no disrespect to him at all as i love him) is on elite money as a tackling machine. We are in a cap mess for a long time to come

That's the whole point I'm making.
It doesn't add up to me that we can only sign 1 player, and reportedly the cap is full.
The Salary cap is only as affective as the people in clubs that are managing it

And as we know some clubs manage the cap better than others

As we know we are not the Premier club we once used to be

As we know it is a results driven business

And as we know a clubs results stem from the top and filter their way down to the playing field

The owners that proudly own the club should also humbly take accountability to our clubs demise

In 2023 we need strong leadership to unite the Manly club back into a powerhouse club once again

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8