Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would assume some
of the Polynesian boys who are
Another idiot decision by this club, Manly has many very religious players in the team, what did they expect would happen???

This club has become a complete joke
Can you please show me where it’s written in any religious documents that it is forbidden for any followers to wear a football jersey with rainbow colours which is just to show support and inclusivity of the lgbti members of the community?

Perhaps people just don't like sports in general (and especially not our life long favourite team the mighty Sea Eagles) delving into political/virtue signalling causes which are generally the domain of the woke left. And perhaps those same people don't like being called a 'Bigot' just because we prefer to see sports remain the domain of sports! I know that's my opinion.
Can sports really be devoid of politics? And if it could, should it be so? Some great historical shifts have come about through sports people embracing a political stance. From Ali to the WSL, from the cricket world's response to apartheid to Naomi Osaka bringing attention to mental health, there is an important and powerful vehicle to bring awareness and discussion on these issues. Sometimes being jolted out of the escapism trances we wallow in to face our human issues is not such a bad thing.

It’s a combination of things.
We should only be playing in home/away/heritage. That’s 3 jerseys max. Anything extra is a marketing gimmick and cheapens the club.
Why the need for the LGB jersey? This club has always been a club for all fans from all walks of life. No matter what race, colour, religion or sexuality you are.
There was absolutely no reason to go down the woke PC route. It’s not like there was an inclusivity problem before.
Agreed but they have a rainbow jersey and as per their contract all players selected should play!

So we have a large section of islanders who most are devout Mormons or Christians. They don't mind wearing the indigenous jersey though.

It was a nice idea from the club but this is the reason that sport shoukd stay out of this stuff. Imagine if they do stand themselves down and we miss the 8 as a result. We are rugby league club not a political organization. Sport needs to realise that.

Well done boys - hopefully any such decision to boycott this weekend's game will be accepted under the inclusivity banner. How much more of this woke virtue signalling rubbish will sports clubs shove down our throats? Mardis Gras, drag queen reading hour, pre pubescent education about gender fluidity, and pride month (yes it is an entire month now) isn't enough already? The good old ANZACS are happy with a day.

I wonder if Peter Flopsimmons will label our boys as heroes like he did with the Muslim girl who refused to wear a rainbow jersey (or was it socks,?) for religious reasons in the AFLW earlier this year. Plenty of dykes on bikes (dressed up as nuns in mockery if course) will be up in arms I imagine.

Again I say, well done lads - I really hope it's true.

This is turning out well in the lead up to a big game.​

Who would of thought that Polynesians might be offended about the thought of wearing a gay pride jumper? Obviously not the interim CEO and his marketing team.

What a f-cking schemozzle.

Well done boys - hopefully any such decision to boycott this weekend's game will be accepted under the inclusivity banner. How much more of this woke virtue signalling rubbish will sports clubs shove down our throats? Mardis Gras, drag queen reading hour, pre pubescent education about gender fluidity, and pride month (yes it is an entire month now) isn't enough already? The good old ANZACS are happy with a day.

I wonder if Peter Flopsimmons will label our boys as heroes like he did with the Muslim girl who refused to wear a rainbow jersey (or was it socks,?) for religious reasons in the AFLW earlier this year. Plenty of dykes on bikes (dressed up as nuns in mockery if course) will be up in arms I imagine.

Again I say, well done lads - I really hope it's true.

Fk me.
Could you be any more bigoted?
It's a close field, but you've won by a head.
Congratulations.

Who is responsible for this absolute mess. Did they not think that forcing people to make political or ethical statements like this might make them say no. I don't mind the jersey, but seriously, who the fu*k made this decision before consulting everyone involved? This club has become a deadset joke run by buffoons.

The report indicates the players in question are opposed to wearing the jersey due to religious beliefs and include Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu and Josh Aloiai.

I'm sure this will get sorted before game day and the story is a bit of a half beat up.... but either way it's not a good look for the club.

An unforced error followed an own goal.

Well played

So we have a large section of islanders who most are devout Mormons or Christians. They don't mind wearing the indigenous jersey though.

It was a nice idea from the club but this is the reason that sport shoukd stay out of this stuff. Imagine if they do stand themselves down and we miss the 8 as a result. We are rugby league club not a political organization. Sport needs to realise that.
Is there a difference between sport/politics and music/politics?

I'm sure this will get sorted before game day and the story is a bit of a half beat up.... but either way it's not a good look for the club.

An unforced error followed an own goal.

Well played
And right before a season defining game.

I agree hope it gets sorted out before Thursday.

crazy debate we are still having in 2022

Woke , virtue signalling, rubbish. More time training less time appealing to the woke brigade. It’s beggars belief that someone made this decision without considering how the players would react. That person / team needs to be sacked

Whilst the journo involved has a bit more credibility than some of the other halfwits that write about the game,he’s never been a breaker of stories out of the Manly camp.The cynic in me suggests it’s not as big a story as it’s being made out to be and the NRL/PVL has got in the journos ear to create a diversion from the Cows/Tigers debacle of yesterday and today

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8