Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who is responsible for this absolute mess. Did they not think that forcing people to make political or ethical statements like this might make them say no. I don't mind the jersey, but seriously, who the fu*k made this decision before consulting everyone involved? This club has become a deadset joke run by buffoons.
That’s the point being missed here by several contributors.

It’s not where you stand on the issue in question, it’s the idiocy of not consulting with a significant sub-group in the club who (anecdotally) are not of a progressive mindset re: non-heterosexual lifestyles - before going public.

The interim CEO is certainly squeezing his last 15 minutes of fame in the last week in the job....go ahead sack me!

Why does our game or our club need to make statements like this to prove we are inclusive???

Go to 4 pines on game day.... even come to a place like here.

The manly fan base is a broad inclusive church.
We have fans of all sexualities,
we have fans of various ethnic backgrounds some would say a multi
cultural fan base.
We have fans of different religious faiths
We have fans who a raging lefties, we have fans who a right wing red necks and many fans inbetween.
Dare I say it we probably even have some filthy vegan fans.

However we are all United by a couple of things the maroon, the white and that beautiful SeaEagle, you can't be anymore inclusive than that. We don't need 15 different jerseys a year to show how inclusive we are.

Honestly the idea of our club having a jersey recongising the LGBT community isn't a bad idea considering a player from our club is the only player to have had the courage to be open about his sexuality. I just think the club didn't think it through with all the islander players we have there was always going to be dramas.

This is great best thing the players have done all season as usual football clubs acting all inclusive making people wear a rainbow jersey **** that.

I will sit back and wait for Peter Fitzsimmons and the usual clowns come out and complain just funny that no complaints were made when Giants AFLW player Haneen Zreika stood down from a game on religious grounds she wouldn't wear the jersey.

She got no condemnation I wonder why? Nope we all know why.

So a rainbow jersey is bad, but Pointsbet is ok?

I know footy players are dumb, but fk me, this new levels.

Maybe these blokes only read half the bible
Fair call, I won't buy the Pointsbet home jersey for that reason. They are not entirely equivalent things for Christians. Gambling can and does cause harm for families. But Christians would say that the roles of men and women and how they relate in a sexual way would be be foundational to them going way back to Adam and Eve in the Bible as well as to Jesus teaching about marriage in the New Testament.

We love the way these guys play for us week by week, but they and their families have strong cultural and religious views. There will be LGBTIQ folks deeply offended by their stance. But equally these religious players will also be deeply offended by being forced to wear the kit. Who wins in the offence Olympics? It won't be the seven players that's for sure. The media will condemn them (Hadley and FitzSimons anyone?). Vlandys will speak and there the matter will end. But it will not unite the guys in the team. There's something very intolerant about modern tolerance. These guys are about to find that out.

FMD isn't it bad enough to watch us throw up own goal sh*t plays during a game. Now we have to witness headless chook self inflicted sh*t plays beforehand. If season wasn't over last Fri night it certainly is now.

That’s the point being missed here by several contributors.

It’s not where you stand on the issue in question, it’s the idiocy of not consulting with a significant sub-group in the club who (anecdotally) are not of a progressive mindset re: non-heterosexual lifestyles - before going public.
100%. The outrage brigade can’t help themselves. How about this for a concept.. stop trying to tell me how to think. Each to their own , live your life the way you want to, but don’t bring this crap into my footy team . I watch footy to get away from the news, work and social warriors …

Can sports really be devoid of politics? And if it could, should it be so? Some great historical shifts have come about through sports people embracing a political stance. From Ali to the WSL, from the cricket world's response to apartheid to Naomi Osaka bringing attention to mental health, there is an important and powerful vehicle to bring awareness and discussion on these issues. Sometimes being jolted out of the escapism trances we wallow in to face our human issues is not such a bad thing.
I disagree. We get enough ‘messaging’ all day everyday. We’re all pressured to agree with the current trendy political view. Sports provides an oasis from all that where we can all put our differences aside and come together - which is what people have been doing since sport began. And which is why this (and others) types of virtue signalling is not necessary. We don’t need to be preached to by various groups with various agendas. We’re already united - by sport.

Whilst the journo involved has a bit more credibility than some of the other halfwits that write about the game,he’s never been a breaker of stories out of the Manly camp.The cynic in me suggests it’s not as big a story as it’s being made out to be and the NRL/PVL has got in the journos ear to create a diversion from the Cows/Tigers debacle of yesterday and today
More of an inadvertent distraction, but one that Slickback might appreciate.

Good point in that article, their opposed to the jersey but are happy with Pointsbet and 4 Pines 🤔
Selectively offended... good chance to give some guys who WANT to play for the club a go... anyone who is going to make a 'moral' stand and let the side down in such a critical game need not let the door hit them in the rrrrrrrrrrr...

Tjere
Religious beliefs......But said players are ok with the gambling and alcohol advertising. Hmmmm smells slightly hypocritical.
There is nothing in the bible that refers directly to gambling - only that people are not to worship money. There is nothing in the bible that prohibits the consumption of alcohol - only drunkenness. I assume you know the difference. The first recorded miracle of Jesus was turning water to wine.

Hope this provides some clarity.

Religious beliefs......But said players are ok with the gambling and alcohol advertising. Hmmmm smells slightly hypocritical.
Its easy to say that Mick, but drinking is not considered a sin - so we can knock that one out. The WWOS reporter who said that simply pulled that distraction squirrel out of nowhere. Gambling? Agreed, a much bigger issue, but not the same as the foundational issue of men, women and sex outside of marriage (for Christians). That will be a huge issue for these guys and should be respected in the name of diversity, of course.

Why cant we just play in our Maroon and white strip and have electronic signs and billboards advertising the diversity stuff? Why is there a need to constantly change our strip?

Good point in that article, their opposed to the jersey but are happy with Pointsbet and 4 Pines 🤔
Both those organisations (important concept to understand) sponsor the team / jersey … the gay pride jersey insinuates the players are behind being gay. This goes to the core of their beliefs. Where as 4pines on the jersey doesn’t imply the players drink beer

So when are we going to have ‘Christianity round’ with a big cross on our ‘Christianity round’ jersey? Surely given over half of our players are Polynesian and I’ll bet most of them are Christian, we should have a special round for their beliefs? You know, to be inclusive?? I’m betting there’s way more Christians in our society than there are LGBTQ people? Imagine the uproar from the woke left if that was introduced for next round - without consultation. I know who’s he screaming the loudest! And no, I’m not Christian at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8