Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we should do like souths and saints

And keep the same home jersey year in year out. The maroon with white hoops.

Then the marketing team can knock themselves out with the million other jerseys they put out. But manly should be maroon and white hoops. 5 of 8 premierships have been one with that style of jersey.

If the club maintains the Brisbane sell-off match after 2024 then it will confirm our owners favour money over community. I've attended all three Mudgee matches and made the event a cherished long weekend. The townspeople appreciate our support, so let's hope it's back on the schedule in 2025.
Penn has always favoured money over supporters Ask leagues club members

Doubt many here will go to Las Vegas whereas heaps would go to Mudgee

Agree that Mudgee is much better for the supporters but then again when does the club care about us

Las Vegas is about Penn swanning around in the US with his team

He has forgotten that we usually lose our first game each year

Penn needs to sell and go away for good as the club has been largely a disaster since he took over full ownership

Interesting, research being undertaken o/s

IMG_5900.jpeg

Just spotted at my local Brookvale cafe mestrov meeting with Brent read for an informal chat as I was getting my coffee they were discussing USA trip next year before I had to leave.

Not club news just wanted to put this out there as just a passing observation.

Last edited:
Just spotted at my local Brookvale cafe mestrov meeting with Brent read for an informal chat as I getting my coffee they were discussing USA trip next year before I had to leave.

Not club news just wanted to put this out there as just a passing observation.
Interesting, but more importantly, I wonder if Read got the goss on Haumole's contract extension.

Surely the club have something up their sleeve, not just all this driftwood they’ve been signing.
If they don’t man we have not progressed the past 5 years at all.
Surely there has to be. I am guessing that once Nov 1 rolls around, we will sign someone of note for 2025. As everyone says, not much stock on the shelf for 2024

Surely there has to be. I am guessing that once Nov 1 rolls around, we will sign someone of note for 2025. As everyone says, not much stock on the shelf for 2024
only good players that Manly will look for will be;
  • Turuva or Taylen May and play them on the wing instead of tuipilotu
  • Best at left centre meaning pushing garrick to wing but i recon too expensive
  • Tass to play left centre and Garrick on wing but then lacking yardage in back 5
  • Kodi Nikorima but only as depth in halves and potentially hooker especially if either croker or gordy go
  • Then for forwards there is only middle forwards that we already have like max king, terrell may and whyte which can all be decent sigings but won't gain us too much as we will be looking for a lock as Jake is becoming too slow loosing mobility to play lock.
  • Tohu Harris will be too expensive
  • Piakura maybe a decent pick up but don't believe he is currently starting lock quality.
All together don't think too many signings will be made between not and next 2 seasons. The quality of the squad will have to improve through pre seasons and trainings to help us becoming a consistent top 8 team and pushing top 4

only good players that Manly will look for will be;
  • Turuva or Taylen May and play them on the wing instead of tuipilotu
  • Best at left centre meaning pushing garrick to wing but i recon too expensive
  • Tass to play left centre and Garrick on wing but then lacking yardage in back 5
  • Kodi Nikorima but only as depth in halves and potentially hooker especially if either croker or gordy go
  • Then for forwards there is only middle forwards that we already have like max king, terrell may and whyte which can all be decent sigings but won't gain us too much as we will be looking for a lock as Jake is becoming too slow loosing mobility to play lock.
  • Tohu Harris will be too expensive
  • Piakura maybe a decent pick up but don't believe he is currently starting lock quality.
All together don't think too many signings will be made between not and next 2 seasons. The quality of the squad will have to improve through pre seasons and trainings to help us becoming a consistent top 8 team and pushing top 4
We just need Tom to play a full season!

Just sayin’

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8