Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly already has its own Tolman in Jake T.
I love Jake but it's hard to argue. He is our most important player when we don't have the ball but offers less and less with the ball with every passing season. If he was an NFL player and only had to play defence he would be in the all star team every year. If we swapped him for another 850k forward I'm not sure we'd be better off.

I love Jake but it's hard to argue. He is our most important player when we don't have the ball but offers less and less with the ball with every passing season. If he was an NFL player and only had to play defence he would be in the all star team every year. If we swapped him for another 850k forward I'm not sure we'd be better off.
The frustrating thing is that a few years ago he was making line breaks almost at will.

That's the reason why I referenced Jake T as Manly's Tolman. He doesn't offer much in attack and doesn't do much when running the ball. What he does well is he plays his heart out and is the best defensive player in the game by far.

That's the reason why I referenced Jake T as Manly's Tolman. He doesn't offer much in attack and doesn't do much when running the ball. What he does well is he plays his heart out and is the best defensive player in the game by far.
I don’t buy into the narrative on here that Jake doesn’t do much in attack. He finds his front almost every time hes tackled and gets a quick play of the ball. He also creates space for his outside men with subtle ball playing.

Sure, he’s not fast and doesn’t have the same attacking impact as the likes of Yeo or Murray, but he’s a damn fine footy player and we’re lucky to have him.

I don’t buy into the narrative on here that Jake doesn’t do much in attack. He finds his front almost every time hes tackled and gets a quick play of the ball. He also creates space for his outside men with subtle ball playing.

Sure, he’s not fast and doesn’t have the same attacking impact as the likes of Yeo or Murray, but he’s a damn fine footy player and we’re lucky to have him.
The modern 13 also requires good foot work who can also bend the line for that quick play the boy.

People need to understand that there’s more to what a person like Jake contributes to the team and the club than what happens on the field. And even on the field, there’s more to it than run metres, post contact metres etc etc. statistics don’t tell the whole story.

Thank you @The Wheel
Seibs talks about his humble upbringing and how proud he was to have a great Dad to look up too

He talks about the Low times in his life and how Mean and cruel people can be and how these peoples personalised attacks affected his children which I am sure all descent people on here would find it sad and unacceptable.
We are all very passionate about our club and express our passionate highs and lows but we do not want to be like these cruel people that get carried away with personal slander attacks that would have a detrimental affect on any ones families

Seibs talks about his Dad also being proud of him and his achievements in life like all Dads are proud of us how ever small or great our achievements are and I just want to say and I am sure I speak on behalf of all on this forum that we want nothing more than Seibs to win a Manly premiership so we can all join hid Dad and his Family to be proud of our 9th Manly Premiership winner

The moral of Seibs story
In this Cruel world where mean people thrive on peoples misfortunes and failures
The Best way to rise above them is to strive for success , Win a Manly Premiership
and shut the Fckers up once and for all !
1698811934264.png

Most only care for the highlight reel players these days.

Fact is, when Jake isn't there for us, NSW or Australia, a loss is the usual outcome.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8