Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Promises
Defensive lines
Game plans
Records
and Salary caps are all meant to be broken
Good to see Our Club is heading in the right track feathered friend

I did not get my membership pack in time for Christmas either but will celebrate with you the arrival of our pack in the new year .

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you Honourable Club member @Port Eagle
And to you Bozo!

Looking forward to 2023!

And to you Bozo!

Looking forward to 2023!
Thank you feathered friend

It is a great honor to be in great company with Passionate Manly people and club members like you

Passionate Manly people have been the spirit of our legendary club since 1947

Bring on 2023 and Let the Manly Sea eagle Passionate spirit for ever live on !
1671872285074.png

View attachment 23011

Both my membership packs came today in the mail last day before Christmas shutdown.

Just passing this information on to you all so that hopefully some of you get yours today also.
i didn't order mine until late november & i wasn't surprised to get an email saying that my membership package will arrive after christmas, then yesterday i received an email saying it will be here today(yesterday).
about an hour later i had it in my hands!

This is the first time Daly and Jake have done this type of training? If that is the case, obviously Des may not have been the forward thinking coach we all though he was.

I thought a few years ago they did something like carried a kayak up Mount Kosciuszko (or something like that). I thought that was when Taupau was here. But Wayne reports it was the first time....so...

This is the first time Daly and Jake have done this type of training? If that is the case, obviously Des may not have been the forward thinking coach we all though he was.
By that logic, neither were Toovey or Barrett.

Is there empirical evidence that playing soldiers for a few days, led to premiership glory 9-10 months later?

Barrett use to take the team to Harbord Hilton for a 3 day bender at this time of year
Mestrov, Seibold and few others I didn't know were at the Manly skiff club last thursday night

They could have ended up at the Harbord Hilton?

Maybe Seibold is Trent in disguise?

Melbourne
I recall Peter Blunt used to do stuff like this.

A real MRE can be quite challenging.

And I don’t mean ‘Meals, Ready to Eat’ which the US Army, et al, feed their personnel on out in the field. That type of ‘MRE’ presents its own challenges.

Is there empirical evidence that playing soldiers for a few days, led to premiership glory 9-10 months later?
Following the Cowboys playbook from last off season. They didn't win the comp, but their fitness levels & mental toughness helped them run over the top of a few teams at the back end of games (including us).

Also, random training runs up Castle Hill in Townsville were sprung on the Cowboys players. Maybe the Sea Eagles could be asked to randomly run up Alexander St, Collaroy or similarly steep hills on the Peninsula :)

Last edited:
I thought a few years ago they did something like carried a kayak up Mount Kosciuszko (or something like that). I thought that was when Taupau was here. But Wayne reports it was the first time....so...
The club definately did. It was a disaster someone got hurt or something.

The reference to first time ever, won't be to a camp in general. Might be to the focus on leadership or vulnerability at the camp. But been plenty of pre season camps.

Melbourne
And are Melbourne claiming they won any of their titles (fairly won or otherwise), because they participated in this stuff?

Team building is a great concept, however a whole range of other factors come into play before you win anything at season’s end.

It’s the year dot, if you have memories that manly has done any of these camps before, please know that you are mistaken.

If you persist in thinking that possibly you have images in your mind of previous pre-seasons which may have boats on Kosciuszko, or orienteering in teams from palm beach to fairy bower, or “tough mudder” events at Glenworth Valley, or similar, then I must ask that you refrain from mentioning them. You will shortly be taken to room 101 for instructive counselling.

In fact you must remain secure in the knowledge that Manly is a glorious and harmonious club continuously exhibiting excellence in every way.

Following the Cowboys playbook from last off season. They didn't win the comp, but their fitness levels & mental toughness helped them run over the top of a few teams at the back end of games (including us).

Also, random training runs up Castle Hill in Townsville were sprung on the Cowboys players. Maybe the Sea Eagles could be asked to randomly run up Alexandra St, Collaroy or similarly steep hills on the Peninsula :)

On holidays in Townsville, and they tell me the Cowboys hit Castle Hill twice in one day pre Christmas 😳

possibly you have images in your mind of previous pre-seasons which may have boats on Kosciuszko,
Ah yes, the infamous boats on Kosciuszko camp. This was very useful in reminding the players that rugby league rates blind devotion well above intelligence. @:D

They did indeed globaleagle. I remember it well.

It’s the year dot, if you have memories that manly has done any of these camps before, please know that you are mistaken.

If you persist in thinking that possibly you have images in your mind of previous pre-seasons which may have boats on Kosciuszko, or orienteering in teams from palm beach to fairy bower, or “tough mudder” events at Glenworth Valley, or similar, then I must ask that you refrain from mentioning them. You will shortly be taken to room 101 for instructive counselling.

In fact you must remain secure in the knowledge that Manly is a glorious and harmonious club continuously exhibiting excellence in every way.
Thanks for that corrective directive, Shoey.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8