Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly have struck another blow in the fight against rugby union after strengthening their football department with the addition of one of Eddie Jones’ right-hand men.

The Sea Eagles have signed Wallabies strength and conditioning coach Jon Clarke to join their ranks once the World Cup is over, his recruitment coming on the back of several major player signings.

Clarke is a former rugby league player who spent more than a decade at the top of the game in Super League, including a stint alongside Manly coach Anthony Seibold at the London Broncos.

He also played three Tests for Great Britain before becoming a strength and conditioning coach. He worked alongside Jones at 2019 World Cup before joining him in the Wallabies set-up.

Manly have struck another blow in the fight against rugby union after strengthening their football department with the addition of one of Eddie Jones’ right-hand men.

The Sea Eagles have signed Wallabies strength and conditioning coach Jon Clarke to join their ranks once the World Cup is over, his recruitment coming on the back of several major player signings.

Clarke is a former rugby league player who spent more than a decade at the top of the game in Super League, including a stint alongside Manly coach Anthony Seibold at the London Broncos.

He also played three Tests for Great Britain before becoming a strength and conditioning coach. He worked alongside Jones at 2019 World Cup before joining him in the Wallabies set-up.
Just as long as he's not our defensive coach!

Josh Feledy, Samuela and Latu Fainu are our best 3 Pathways products of the past 3 years. All allowed to go. So where is the strategy?
Call it the Harry Grant strategy. Why play em in reserves, when you can just give em to the tigers who can play them in the NRL. And you know you can get em back when ever. As there is no such thing as a contract in the NRL.

Call it the Harry Grant strategy. Why play em in reserves, when you can just give em to the tigers who can play them in the NRL. And you know you can get em back when ever. As there is no such thing as a contract in the NRL.
Is it the Harry Grant strategy though? Was he only on loan? Didn’t Reece Walsh have a similar arrangement when he went to the Warriors and then back to the Broncos ?

Is it the Harry Grant strategy though? Was he only on loan? Didn’t Reece Walsh have a similar arrangement when he went to the Warriors and then back to the Broncos ?
Grant was a straight loan, Tigers paid his wage but his contract remained with the Storm. This was only to get him experience while he was behind Cam Smith.

Walsh actually signed with the Warriors because the Broncos didn't think he was ready.
Then he wanted to go home to QLD for family reasons. The Warriors released him from his contract that had 2 years to run under the provision that he only went to the broncos. The Broncos only had room under the cap to offer him $400k and he happily took it. Very strange scenario and I was surprised it didn't raise more eyebrows.

Thank you @The Wheel for another feel good Seibold story

The Manly Feel Good stories Perspective ...
NOTHING FEELS BETTER THAN A MANLY PREMIERSHIP WIN !

And The real Key to our Success is less talk and more winning action
If we are to emulate the Success of the Manly Golden Eagle Old boys Premiership Winning Contributions

Success never goes out of Style at the Legendary Sea eagles club
The for Ever Stylish Magnificent Manly Winning Men Arko and Cliffy

Picture Complements Manly Media
1688952470756.png

From ambos and legal eagles to Sea Eagles: Elite jobs of part-time cheerleaders​

They’re career women who can command a courtroom, close a sale, save a life, fix your teeth and perfect your diet. And when work is done, these professionals pick up the pompoms.

Tamaryn McGregor

Follow

@TamMcGregor17

2 min read

July 10, 2023 - 6:05PM

0 comments

Members of the Manly Seabirds, cheerleaders for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, from left real estate agent Kayla Welsh, dental hygienist Mikki Vial-Shaw, NSW paramedic Rochelle Salatino, lawyer Raween Albarouki and GWS nutritionist Melissa Juergens. Picture: Jonathan Ng

NSW

Don't miss out on the headlines from NSW. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow

Despite more than half of NRL clubs choosing to do away with cheerleaders, the women stepping out for the Manly Sea Eagles are “proud” to be performing after 29 seasons in the competition.
Real estate agent Kayla Welsh, dental hygienist Mikki Vial-Shaw, NSW paramedic Rochelle Salatino, lawyer Raween Albarouki and GWS Giants sports dietitian Melissa Juergens, are all members of the Manly Seabirds.
Paramedic Ms Salatino said while cheerleading squads are sometimes criticised, having the opportunity to be a part of game day activity, in addition to her role as a paramedic “is so brilliant.”
“There’s criticism in the world for every job everywhere. I just go, do my thing and have the best time ever,” she said.
“At the end of the day, I know I love it and I feel great doing it.
Paramedic Rochelle Salatino. Picture: Jonathan Ng
Rochelle says cheerleading is a great outlet. Picture: Jonathan Ng
“Most of us girls have grown up sitting at Manly games and watching cheerleaders way before us and thinking ‘wow, what I would do to be her one day’.
“My job is hard. It’s long hours. The idea of going from a 12-hour shift to a room of 30 other people — women who are so positive and lovely — (is what you need sometimes).

Manly Sea Eagles Cheerleaders​

Day jobs
Cheerleaders​
“With my job especially there can be moments that are really frustrating and confronting. Having that outlet is really fantastic.”
Ms Salatino said cheerleading is “much harder” than often perceived.
“A lot of hard work goes into it. We do two brand new routines every game day,” she said.
Sports dietitian Ms Juergens has been a Seabird squad member for over ten years.
Melissa Juergens is a sports dietitian for GWS. Picture: Jonathan Ng
Melissa says cheerleading is her sport. Picture: Jonathan Ng
“For me, it’s not only the love for dance and being able to cheer in front of 15,000 fans. It’s a massive sisterhood and being with 28 of your best friends doing something you love and feeling supported,” she said.
“I am working with professional athletes on a day-to-day basis, helping them with improving their career in their league. Cheer is my sport. Its my opportunity to get out there, train really hard and be apart of my team and that's really special.”
Director and Choreographer for the Seabirds, Monique Carroll said cheerleading for Manly “provides an opportunity for the girls to continue their love of performing and chase their career goals.”
“We are highly regarded by our fans and we’ve got great support from them,” she said.

ICYMI

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8