Cricket World Cup 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It just gets better, that ball they gave 6 from the ricochet, should have been 5 and with Stokes at the non strikers end ...
I think he would have still been on strike - the rule was interpreted as runs completed once the act of making the throw was executed. So I suspect he would have stayed on strike but just awarded one less run as they hadn't crossed when ball was released. It's like running one short, you don't change ends.

The bat deflection was one of those things, unlucky but uncontrollable. The real killer was Boult stepping on the rope after catching Stokes....there's your World Cup there. A slight bit more awareness and that's the match winning play.

I thought the ex umpire Taufel, explained it quite well, additionally going to lengths saying that it's not right to say that's the one thing that cost NZ, etc.

Eng predictably respond in their gracious manner using the "We have the cup, we have the cup! Na Na Ne Na Nah!" missing all the points.

But, seeing as they usually award Knighthoods for winning a coin toss, there's probably more pain for non fans to endure soon.
Speaking of, I wonder why Lewis Hamilton hasn't been knighted as yet?

Seems the rumour doing the rounds is Stokes asked the umpires to take off the 4 overthrows from the score. Very sporting of him if that is the case

Seems the rumour doing the rounds is Stokes asked the umpires to take off the 4 overthrows from the score. Very sporting of him if that is the case

I read that as well. It'd be better if the umps knew the rules but I guess I'm trying to move on.

Good job if he did so!

Cricket World Cup final umpire Kumar Dharmasena has admitted to making a “judgmental error” in giving England six overthrows in the final over of their controversial and thrilling finish against the Black Caps.

Well - that must everyone in NZ feel better!

(cough)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4