DCE reaction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You could see DCE had just about had enough of reporters implying that it is his greed that forced Gift out.

Who the hell is Dunny Weedler to question him that way ?

The media will stop at nothing to try and create a headline irregardless of truth.

It's not Daly's fault. He's arguably the best 7 going around. Of course he's going to be a major priority for our club.

I agree with @simon64.

It's not DCE's fault that the cap has forced out Gifty. The cap has always made our club lose a legend.

DCE will be the next Australian half back. Can't fault the club for wanting to keep him for the long haul.

Dunny Weedler is a goose.

HappilyManly said:
Would you all feel better if he left, so that he doesn't have to continue to defend his right to maximizing his earnings? :mad:

Both are professional athletes, they do not have to like each other to be effective Team mates surely :cool:

FFS that is rubbish. We have put up with Mr 12% and now it is anything goes. Young punks with nothing but $'s in their eyes. Sure, we won't win anything w/o them but I'm starting to not care. If they think that a win comes w/o serious commitment from the workhorses then they are deluded.

So you mean people from a variety of backgrounds all working together in the same workplace aren't all best buddies? Despite the ego driven nature of said environment?

Wow. Never saw that coming.

Meh? My opinion is that DCE has apathy towards the situation, because in the same boat, Daly would go to the highest bidder himself ALA no real loyalty to the jersey.

I miss players that had passion for the ideal of the community and club itself.

When was the last we saw a.player kiss the emblem with passion like Hayne did the other week.

These guys arent doing this for the fans. Not one bit.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Haha, just saw this thread.
DCE as the stranger, Camus must be turning in his grave.
“One always has exaggerated ideas about what one doesn't know.”
― Albert Camus, The Stranger

Really,what should DCE do? Break down in tears? The blame for Gift leaving rests squarely on the shoulders of the NRL and their refusal to make concessions for long serving one team players. DCE is'nt the villain here.

Moondog said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Haha, just saw this thread.
DCE as the stranger, Camus must be turning in his grave.

“One always has exaggerated ideas about what one doesn't know.”
― Albert Camus, The Stranger

Really,what should DCE do? Break down in tears? The blame for Gift leaving rests squarely on the shoulders of the NRL and their refusal to make concessions for long serving one team players. DCE is'nt the villain here.

In January 1955, Camus said, "I summarized The Stranger a long time ago, with a remark I admit was highly paradoxical: 'In our society any man who does not weep at his mother's funeral runs the risk of being sentenced to death.' I only meant that the hero of my book is condemned because he does not play the game"

Timeless theme…

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Next time either gift or DCE score or are heavily involved in a try have a look at their reactions to each other

Why? What have you seen?

Ryan said:
Meh? My opinion is that DCE has apathy towards the situation, because in the same boat, Daly would go to the highest bidder himself ALA no real loyalty to the jersey.

When was the last we saw a.player kiss the emblem with passion like Hayne did the other week.

Agree, but loyalty to the jersey was on the path to extinction once professionalism came along. They make a living doing this and many set themselves up for life during their playing career.

I don't recall anyone in recent memory saying they signed with club x due to the jersey, it is always the team they could play with and the chance of winning a premiership, or playing regular first grade, things like that. Your team mates are a huge factor, just as work colleagues and the relationship formed can influence our career decisions, the difference is we don't have an arbitrator telling us the money we can or can't accept.

voicefromthehill said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Next time either gift or DCE score or are heavily involved in a try have a look at their reactions to each other

Why? What have you seen?

Nothing I'm asking if anyone has
Normally a player scores and others run in to hi5 hug etc
Have we seen this with them

I understand @Berkeley_Eagle I thought you were implying you had already noted something, yes you are right, will watch to see. Personally though if they aren't bosom buddies I'm ok with that, just as long as it doesn't impact how they play

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Just saw the DCE reaction on Nine News to Gifty going. I gotta say .... cold as ice.

I thought the same thing at first but then saw extended grabs of the interviews and context shows it's more to do with the line of questioning.

Please don't rely on what you see on a 15 second grab on a news item, as a true record of a conversation.
It's in the media's interest to promote the idea of a dce/Stewart feud as this is what rates on TV, and sells newspapers. The editor would have framed the grab to give the impression that dce didn't care, no matter what else he said during the interview.
Personally, if I was dce, I wouldn't have given them the time of day, but all that would have done would be to allow the media to imply that he didn't even care enough to speak to them. He couldn't win yesterday.

Ryan said:

It's probably true that Glenn went to the highest bidder, but it may also be that he went to the only bidder.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8