Delmege says name your price

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A player signing a contract does not equate to his selection in the top grade.  Is this a troublesome concept?

Hasler wanted to sign Monas too, he just had in mind a lower figure.  So what's the big fuss?  Delmege can sign his three-year-old granddaughter (if he has one) to a contract as long as he pumps in the money necessary to give Manly a shot at winning premierships by record margins - or by any margin.

Can you see the big picture yet or are you still caught in that damned fine print?

Rex link said:
A player signing a contract does not equate to his selection in the top grade.  Is this a troublesome concept?

Hasler wanted to sign Monas too, he just had in mind a lower figure.  So what's the big fuss?  Delmege can sign his three-year-old granddaughter (if he has one) to a contract as long as he pumps in the money necessary to give Manly a shot at winning premierships by record margins - or by any margin.

Can you see the big picture yet or are you still caught in that damned fine print?

I see your point, but top 25 layers count towards salary cap so if Monas was on 100,000 he would still have counted no matter whether he played 1st grade or not

I can tell you for a fact that those inside the club were livid when Max got involved in the Monas affair. They were also unhappy with some reckless comments re Hoppa.

I saw Max on the news tonight and was disgusted with his appearance. He peddled the old 'others trying to take the club to the Central Coast line' whilst he claimed he stood for keeping Manly at Manly. His next comment was to blame Scott Penn for only giving Des Hasler a one year extension. It might be that Max didn't start the public slanging match but he is certainly serving up the 'emotional baggage' now in the hope to win public support. It certainly didn't reflect class, style and panache and showed that he is willing to play dirty in this situation. I was very disappointed.

My view is that Max has plenty of support.  Class, style and panache?  It's rugby league for ****s sake.  If you want class, style and panache pop on over to Redfern.  Of course he's willing to play dirty.  Why wouldn't he, the Penns and Zorba can't be seen as cleanskins in all this.  Zorba just reeks of 'class, style and panache'.   

You are dead right. It is getting dirty. I have not commented on Zorba's role, though I do note that many ex-players and even Arko have come out in support of him. (Not sure why?)

They were of Des.  Zorba has the others.  Go to bed now Canteen.  It's getting late and you have to work tomorrow.

Canteen Worker link said:
I can tell you for a fact that those inside the club were livid when Max got involved in the Monas affair.
Then what a great opportunity for them to get over themselves.

When we live in a perfect conceptual world when everything is done according their petty little rules, then they can scream how morally right they were.

We would not have a club at all without Max.  Full stop.  We would not have won the premiership by a record margin last year. We would not be playing for the WCC this week.  We would not be premiership favourites this year. And we show our appreciation with this extreme petty-mindedness and public attacks on his character?

Amazing stuff.

The Telegraph were so panicked when they temporarily ran Delmege's CC assertion that they pulled the article totally.

If Max has made the claim on National TV I hope he has deep pockets.

There won't be any litigation against Max for his CC statements.  As for the Telegraph's typical sensationalisation of them, that may be a different matter.

This is the second time you've mentioned the Telecrap Matas.  Why the concern?  It's a rubbish paper.  You shouldn't be letting it into your home.

Rex, I am not attacking Max's character - and I am on record as acknowledging his role in the saving of our club in the dark days. However, I am sure that fans are entitled to ask questions as to whether his public behaviour over the last couple of weeks has been helpful in this situation.

He did appear in public praising Mayer then contributed to his shafting virtually straight afterwards. He did face the TV cameras saying he did not owe Manly one cent and two days later paid a cheque for a rather large sum. He has made public statements about ridding the club of Peters (not very professional) and then implies that those opposing him have a hidden agenda of moving the club and that Scott Penn is responsible for not reappointing the club for longer.

I am thankful for Max's contribution in the past but I am not going to blindly support his actions now, for that reason. His behaviour, in my opinion (and many obviously disagree) is questionable. This is not character assassination but comment on what I see in front of me. You may see him pure as driven snow, I see one half of an ego-driven power struggle.

Canteen Worker link said:
I am thankful for Max's contribution in the past but I am not going to blindly support his actions now, for that reason. His behaviour, in my opinion (and many obviously disagree) is questionable. This is not character assassination but comment on what I see in front of me. You may see him pure as driven snow, I see one half of an ego-driven power struggle.
sums it up perfectly CW

Coach Contract:  On the issue of Dessie's contract extension I believe the explanation that the NRL franchise only goes to 2011 is partly acceptable. However, I bet we already have or we will be signing players for beyond that on the presumption that the license will be renewed. Even so, I think a 3 year deal is perfectly adequate.

CC move: When something is put in the public forum, which Max's interview on Channel 9 would easily qualify, then the expectation is a rebuttal of any claims that are untrue. I would like to see a statement from the other co-owners clearly stating whether they have any plans, either current or long-term, to move the team to the CC and get the NRL cash incentive. They can easily clear that up for all of us.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=179231.msg208099#msg208099 date=1235423659]

sums it up perfectly CW

[/quote]

I agree Cliffy - all people seem to see is one half of this situation.

Lets face fact, Penn, Peters and Delmege have been in most people eyes poorly behaved recrently.

The strange thing is many people are blinded and are only commenting negativly on half of it, some of shich in a very hyposcritical way given their past postings on this site.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2