Depth x 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If this mail is right then I think we'll only lose the Turbos. If Tommy is getting tipped as a moral then that means The Phantom won't be in. Thurston will play so no need for DCE (suspect Milf was ahead of him anyway). Can't see Myles getting picked.

So don't think our depth will be tested too much. Anyway don't we have byes in Round 12 and 15 before Origin, so what is the worry ?? - apart from injury concern and inability to back up.

Correct me if I am wrong but Game 3 is the only one that impacts us as we have byes before Game 1 and 2.

So the game vs the 'riff.

Tough one as realistically Merrin, Tamou and Wallace are the only real contenders for the blues, and based on form, none of them are guaranteed.

Same goes for us I guess. Jake T will be picked, but the other 3 (Turbo, Dce and Doorman are all potentials.)

Just coz we have players in our squad coming into those positions doesn't mean we don't have depth issues! The players potentially missing are much more than the sum of their parts.

While on parts, You have named three debutants and three players with about 5 games experience each. Just spare parts.

I think our forwards depth is good.. But if we are missing tommy, walker and cherry. We have lost all our strike.
Those young players have to start somewhere it doesn't just happen and your an auto first grader. Look at all the other teams, depth is an issue for most barring Cowboys (have Ponga, lay butt, mosby) and Bronx (have most of qld as depth). Depth can not be an issue when all teams have that same issue which means it's a level playing field.

Correct me if I am wrong but Game 3 is the only one that impacts us as we have byes before Game 1 and 2.

So the game vs the 'riff.

Tough one as realistically Merrin, Tamou and Wallace are the only real contenders for the blues, and based on form, none of them are guaranteed.

Same goes for us I guess. Jake T will be picked, but the other 3 (Turbo, Dce and Doorman are all potentials.)
Moylan may play as will possibly peachy

1. M. Wright
2. Uate
3. J. Wright
4. Kelly
5. Taufua
6. Green
7. Hastings
8. Lawrence
9. Api
10. Kapow
11. Frank
12. Siro
13. Brown/Darcy

14. Brown/Darcy
15. AFB
16. Perrett
17. Cullen/Bainbridge

Hold ye 'orses, if Kapow ain't a second rower how could he be a lock?

What about Api back to lock, Hastings to hooker, Cullen to 7
yeah with parker and Wright....I guess

I don't think he is a lock, but of our forwards he is probably the best choice, also lock is still a middle position in our team eg Jake.

As far as shifting Api I just think Baz will want to minimise the disruption not add to it.

We will be fine, especially since the Riff are currently on fire......cough cough!!

Personally I see only TT as playing, Queensland will pick Milford if Thurston doesn't play, Myles is no chance, Jake might be 18th or 19th ( not sure if that means he can play with us or not) and not sure if Walks will get a run ( plenty of talent there to choose from).

I don't think he is a lock, but of our forwards he is probably the best choice, also lock is still a middle position in our team eg Jake.

As far as shifting Api I just think Baz will want to minimise the disruption not add to it.
fair enough, but I see mucking around with our prop rotation as a bigger disruption, that's where our success has been built, evidenced by what happened when we missing 2 in Round 2.

fair enough, but I see mucking around with our prop rotation as a bigger disruption, that's where our success has been built, evidenced by what happened when we missing 2 in Round 2.

Yeah, but with Lussick back we will probably be tinkering with props anyway, and at least none of them are rookies or "out of position". With injuries and suspensions our props will be in a constant state of change all season.

There's a lot of water to go under bridges between now and Round 18 pre SOO3.

If Queensland are leading 2-0 going into the 3rd game then Daley might throw Phantom a bone if his club form continues, he may even get there due to injuries. But thankfully we don't have to worry about any of this for another couple of months, so no point in stressing.

i read somewhere both trbojevics are shoo ins for NSW
Worst case Walker and DCE picked as well, although Thurston likely to be pumped so full of drugs he'll resemble a NZ player out on the turps so that he can hit the field.
if so:
  • Matt Wright to Fback
  • Parker to centre
  • Hastings to HB
  • Shaun Lane to Lock

leave everyone else as they are

Guys we're going to have to rename the Wrights because we have three and all but a couple of you just write Wright, is that right? I suggest we call them Mwright, Jwright and Twright. Personally I'd like young Twright to get a run.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8