Des Hasler = Failure and formally on notice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Uncle is a sponsor there, and tells me plenty of things, including The vasta amo untes of money at their disposal. He is an incredibly noble man. We will never forget what Des done for the club, but let us never forgot his final moments at the club.

Dont forget Des walked into a very strong squad and had a couple of years to to plan his squad at the dogs in advance ...... with a forward pack like the dogs anyone could coach the team !!!!! sleep in dog **** DES... While Geoff Toovey sleeps under the Eagles wing in the nest !

Dont forget Des walked into a very strong squad and had a couple of years to to plan his squad at the dogs in advance ...... with a forward pack like the dogs anyone could coach the team !!!!! sleep in dog **** DES... While Geoff Toovey sleeps under the Eagles wing in the nest !
They came 9th the year before from memory - wouldn't call that overly strong. He took them to a GF in his first year.

Last edited:
If the new interchange rule comes in next year the dogs and des are in trouble given the size of their forward pack.
That alone would make a return to Manly more attractive.
Reading between the lines, Toovey is certain to step down as head coach at year's end to take up a different role at the club.
If you don't like it, buy the club.

Hasler's record at the dogs looks better than it is. Apart from the halves (who by the way are the current Origin haves) he's working with a good roster and one of the best packs in the comp. Did well in the first year, largely off the back of barba and second man plays. Seventh the following year. 6th or 7th last year at the end of the club rounds. If he handn't completely fluked a GF appearance last year due to a saloon passage in the semi's, no one would be suggesting that his time with the Dogs has been a success.

There ain't a lot of tricks to play with a team that has average halves but a massive forward pack. Just steam roll then kick it to a winger all day everyday..

Some of you are really blinded by hatred

Pedestrian backline and a forward pack which many on here (when comparing line ups) struggled to find space for more than a couple in our team. Yes luck plays a part but he has taken an top 6 side to two grand finals is not exactly a fail

^^^ aint that the truth. Certainly many are blinded by hate on here. He has done well with that team. He went to the Dogs for the money and new environment but he got players he probably didnt really want upon arrival. He has acquired players since but still, he has lifted them to a much better standard than they were before he arrived. With results. Who was the coach before him? Was it Kevin Moore? They were an average team under him...perhaps horrendous

edit: kevin moore

Last edited:
I think he's done alright with absolute crap halves.

2 grand finals in 4 years and pretty much changed the game in which props play.

He is a very good coach. His record speaks for itself. 5 grand finals in 11 years with 2 premierships.

I know he left us on bad terms, but some of us are holding onto the hate like a Parra Fan does with Lyon.
Totally agree

You can't deny his stats put him as the best coach currently coaching. Probably only bellyache comes near at the moment.

I acknowledge he is a good coach but the way he exited the club made me to lose a lot of respect for the man. I can quite easily dislike someone without hating them.

I'm in the camp that think he has overachieved with the players available to him at the Dogs. His time at the Dogs has been a success. If not for facing a team in the 2012 grand final that was fired up for redemption, the Dogs may have won it that year. Fortunately, that didn't happen as it saved us all a lot of pain.

This year is definitely a slump in his career though. He might need an average year to remotivate himself. I also suspect that his heart has never been with the Dogs.

Who will get sacked first, Hasler or Arthurs?
I think Hasler.

Imagine this forum if the signing of Des was announced by the Eagles & then Tooves was signed by the bulldogs as replacement.

I am just going to go ahead and remove this nice clean fan I left in here.

Imagine this forum if the signing of Des was announced by the Eagles & then Tooves was signed by the bulldogs as replacement.

I am just going to go ahead and remove this nice clean fan I left in here.

Imagine Hasler to Manly, Arthur's to Canterbury and Toovey to Parra to continue Foran's development as a player.

Giving it to Des when his team is down? Not yet he's got the rest of the year to turn it around. I'll wait until they definitely can't make the 8 or get knocked out in the semi's and then stick the boot in. Until then he's still got a team that can win the Grand Final from any top 8 position.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4