Des Hasler Forever a Manly Legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
remember he is a penrith westie, once a westie always a westie.
Remember he took off to wests when jim serdaris was signed once and always a turncoat. He will be about popular julia gillard at the rudds christmas dinner, he better get prepared come his visit to brookvale.

He is a scumbag.

I received information today from a friend whom has good contacts with the Bulldogs that Foran is as good as signed with the Bulldogs in 2013. This friend told me Hasler was going to the Bulldogs a long time before the media brought it up. It sounded rediculous at the time & thought nothing of it.
God I hope he is wrong this time. Currently not one player has followed Des to the Bulldogs. Manly should offer Foran, Evans & the Stewart boys the world to stay at Manly. Especially Foran & Evans whom are around the age of 20 or 21.

Even if Foran left we have Riccardi... Not too worried.. if they need to pay top dollar for him let them ... Would be funny if he turned out to be a flop for them... Foran is good but he is not the whole team... The way Foran plays I think he would be due for injury soon as he plays really tough.. no one is superman. Remember last year he was a machine yo until half eat through. You could see he slowed down abit as his body was taking its toll and fair enough respect due where its due.. however I think cherry is the important one... Riccardi although yet to be tested i believe is a pure mix of cherry and Foran.. I think that is Manly's future.. Foran goes we can tie up the other 2 long term.. anyway if he does go it will be a career killer ...

byso said:

I think he is a tight arse from collaroy
That coaches a pack of losers out in the land
Of the mosques who in the distant past played a few games for the MIGHTY SEAEAGLES
Then became the spokesman for legendary
Group of players that won 2 Preierships and one WCC.
Geoff Toovey, who is he?, he is a Legend
For all that love and follow Manly Seagles
and another chapter for him is about to begin
Come on Tooves, Come on Manly
Come on 2012

Aetna said:
I received information today from a friend whom has good contacts with the Bulldogs that Foran is as good as signed with the Bulldogs in 2013. This friend told me Hasler was going to the Bulldogs a long time before the media brought it up. It sounded rediculous at the time & thought nothing of it.
God I hope he is wrong this time. Currently not one player has followed Des to the Bulldogs. Manly should offer Foran, Evans & the Stewart boys the world to stay at Manly. Especially Foran & Evans whom are around the age of 20 or 21.

I heard from a GOOD source (Someones brothers, sisters) that Foran was building an eagles nest at Narrabeen Sports academy and wasn't going anywhere. He/she also said that the bulldogs are total crap!

Aetna said:
Des Hasler might of left the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs but he still will remain a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend. Des Hasler has been part of half of Manly's eight premiership winning teams in four different decades. In 1987 & 1996 as a player & 2008 & 2011 as a coach. On the behalf of the Manly supporters, we still love Des Hasler & he can return home when ever he wants.
Wow that was a lot of investigation there, most of us wouldn't have known this information.

quinny said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Aetna said:
Des Hasler might of left the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs but he still will remain a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend. Des Hasler has been part of half of Manly's eight premiership winning teams in four different decades. In 1987 & 1996 as a player & 2008 & 2011 as a coach. On the behalf of the Manly supporters, we still love Des Hasler & he can return home when ever he wants.

Just what we need, another bloody halser thread...

WTF are you talking about?

you obviously don't read the threads ....lol

Look it's like this Des Hasler was good for manly and manly was good for des hasler.

It was manly who gave him a start in first grade in the 80s when he couldn't get a run at penrith and it was again it was manly who gave him his opportunity as a coach in 2004 he took both opportunities and made the most of them but he also left manly twice as a player and now once as a coach. I will forever be grateful to DES for 2008 and 2011 premierships but at the same time I will never forgive him for his actions late this year.

Earnie the Eagle said:
quinny said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Aetna said:

Just what we need, another bloody halser thread...

WTF are you talking about?

you obviously don't read the threads ....lol

Ernie you spin me out write your comment after the last qoute with [ in it ..lol i had to go back twice through the thread before i picked up wtf you said lol...
You have done it to me afew times already :D

I still have not said a bad word about Des. I don't see that there is need to slag him. He deliverered us a lot of success and that's all I care about. Yes, it was a messy exit but it's time to move on. Toovey was a better half and I reckon he will be a better coach and reckon he will deliver us 3 titles.

Merry Xmas

Des took a group of men of which the majority were unwanted players at other clubs like the Eels & Dragons & made them into internationals/Rep, Premiership winners. He gave me & every Manly fan so much joy. He is a legend to me. Stop believing everything you read in The Telegraph etc. How many players have followed Des to the Bulldogs? Not a single player.

Aetna said:
Des took a group of men of which the majority were unwanted players at other clubs like the Eels & Dragons & made them into internationals/Rep, Premiership winners. He gave me & every Manly fan so much joy. He is a legend to me. Stop believing everything you read in The Telegraph etc. How many players have followed Des to the Bulldogs? Not a single player.

No player has followed Hasler at this stage because the dogs were at the limit of their salary cap for next year.
Rest assured Hasler will be working on some of our players, especially Foran, for the following year, he cannot succeed with the catttle that is available now at the dogs.

robbiea said:
He will be back..

Not whilst Scott Penn rules the roost. Nor whilst club legends like Fred Jones and Max Krilich are very critical of him. Those men still have influence. Remember when Delmege wanted Benny Elias to join as the CEO? There were life members threatening to hand back their memberships. Result - 'Forget about it Benny.'

I wouldn't want him back in any capacity anyway. He's had his run as a Manly player and coach, plus his antics at that Dee Why RSL Q&A earlier this year give me no confidence that he has what it takes to even think like an astute administrator. Unlike Frank Stanton, when he returned to the Club in the early 90s. Nor of course like David Perry.

The hide of the bastard to apparently offer Geoff Toovey any assistance he needed on the one hand, whilst poaching his toadying acolytes like Noel 'Sloth' Cleal, takes some beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4