Des Hasler Forever a Manly Legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a great X-mas gift yesterday.A Manly 2011 premiers stubby holder,in case you have'nt seen them they have the team photo from the podium on it.
The best thing of all is De$ Ha$ler has been rubbed out of said photo.I was delighted that my beer would now taste alot better without looking at that damned traiter...

Seems we are not the only ones that believe Ha$ler is dead to us,well done to the club for deleting this cancer...

Aetna said:
Des took a group of men of which the majority were unwanted players at other clubs like the Eels & Dragons & made them into internationals/Rep, Premiership winners. He gave me & every Manly fan so much joy. He is a legend to me. Stop believing everything you read in The Telegraph etc. How many players have followed Des to the Bulldogs? Not a single player.

I think you are giving him too much credit.
Scouts got him the players.
Why do you think he took so many staffers along with him?
If he was so confident of his own ability, he won't need anybody else.

You've also got the wrong newspaper.
If it wasn't for the Sun Herald, publishing the emails, De$ would have pursued the legal action against us. If those emails weren't aired, a lot of folks would still be on his side. Those emails revealed to us what an egomaniac, liar and backstabber he is.

Yes, I admit I looked up to him once. I even had his autographed photo on my wall. That is now replaced with a photo of Choc (who stood up and defended the club when most people were being diplomatic).

My high regard for true legends like Thrower, Igor, Arko, etc. has grown exponentially (for their loyalty and stance against the traitor).

It should always be Maroon and White (Manly Sea Eagles) FIRST and FOREMOST.
As a Manly fan, you should learn this as an order of loyal transcendency. Leaving is one thing but nobody should leave by dismantling our club. There's a difference!
People will come and go. The club is forever.
Traitors are denunciated and ostracized.

---

Apparently;

Des Hasler when signed to Manly = genius & best coach in the league

Des Hasler signed at with the Bulldogs = Overrated control freak.

Gotta love it.

Aetna said:
Des Hasler might of left the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs but he still will remain a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend. Des Hasler has been part of half of Manly's eight premiership winning teams in four different decades. In 1987 & 1996 as a player & 2008 & 2011 as a coach. On the behalf of the Manly supporters, we still love Des Hasler & he can return home when ever he wants.
you speak for yourself not for me,like all before me,des who,he doesnt even warrant capital letters in his name now

Ramrod said:
Aetna said:
Des took a group of men of which the majority were unwanted players at other clubs like the Eels & Dragons & made them into internationals/Rep, Premiership winners. He gave me & every Manly fan so much joy. He is a legend to me. Stop believing everything you read in The Telegraph etc. How many players have followed Des to the Bulldogs? Not a single player.

I think you are giving him too much credit.
Scouts got him the players.
Why do you think he took so many staffers along with him?
If he was so confident of his own ability, he won't need anybody else.

You've also got the wrong newspaper.
If it wasn't for the Sun Herald, publishing the emails, De$ would have pursued the legal action against us. If those emails weren't aired, a lot of folks would still be on his side. Those emails revealed to us what an egomaniac, liar and backstabber he is.

Yes, I admit I looked up to him once. I even had his autographed photo on my wall. That is now replaced with a photo of Choc (who stood up and defended the club when most people were being diplomatic).

My high regard for true legends like Thrower, Igor, Arko, etc. has grown exponentially (for their loyalty and stance against the traitor).

It should always be Maroon and White (Manly Sea Eagles) FIRST and FOREMOST.
As a Manly fan, you should learn this as an order of loyal transcendency. Leaving is one thing but nobody should leave by dismantling our club. There's a difference!
People will come and go. The club is forever.
Traitors are denunciated and ostracized.

---
How good was the disclosure of those emails, by the SMH. :sleepy:
That was all I needed to move on from Des - he really proved to be a difficult personality.
However without seeing those emails, I would of always had a niggling of doubt as to what really went on. But crystal clear clarity now..
Bring on 2012!!!!

There's a Hasler on the road
His brain is squirmin' like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your Bulldogs play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Hasler on the road, yeah

Question, why did Hasler leave to play for wests in 97 after winning a grandfinal in 96?

Is Haslers departure for Canterbury pay back for Manly giving him the ass after the 96 grandfinal?

Phantar said:
There's a Hasler on the road
His brain is squirmin' like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your Bulldogs play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Hasler on the road, yeah
I hear you Jim!

To the tune of Donovan Leith's 1968 classic Hurdy Gurdy Man:

Thrown like a star in my vast sleep
I open my eyes to take a peep
To find that I was by the sea
Gazing with tranquillity.
'Twas then when the Hasler Dazzler Man
Went and joined the Bulldogs club,
Then when the Hasler Dazzler Man
Went and joined the Bulldogs club.
Hasler Dazzler, Hasler Dazzler, Hasler Dazzler, Dazzler he sang.
Histories of football clubs past
Unenlightened shadows cast
Down through all eternity
The crying of humanity.
'Tis then when the Hasler Dazzler Man
Went and joined the Bulldogs club,
Then when the Hasler Dazzler Man
Went and joined the Bulldogs club.
Hasler Dazzler, Hasler Dazzler, Hasler Dazzler, Hasler Dazzler, Hasler Dazzler.
Here comes the Clealy Fealy man and he's singing songs of love,
Clealy Fealy, Clealy Fealy, Clealy Fealy, Fealy he sang.

Oh the werewolf, oh the werewolf
Comes stepping along
He dont even break the branches where hes gone

Once I saw him in the moonlight, when the bats were a-flying
I saw the werewolf, and the werewolf was crying

Crying, "Nobody knows, nobody knows, nobody knows
How I loved the maid, as I teared off her clothes"
Crying, "Nobody know, nobody knows my pain
When I see that its risen; that full moon again"
For the werewolf, somebody like you and me
Here's one for the Wolfman from Michael Hurley (ex Holy Modal Rounders)

I think I mentioned I'd been drinking?

I watched the 96 GF not long ago and after the game in the after match interviews the talk was that Des and Cement Gillespie were retiring after the game and what a way to go out. They both didn't retire after that game but Manly had made plans to replace him no doubt so i imagine that's why he went elsewhere. Cement stayed 1 more year at Manly.
I'm sad Des has gone and filthy about the way he exited but as most people are saying he won't be welcome at Brookvale anytime soon and I'll be joining in with the boo's in round 8 when he comes back for his 1st visit in enemy colours

AshfieldBazza said:
I watched the 96 GF not long ago and after the game in the after match interviews the talk was that Des and Cement Gillespie were retiring after the game and what a way to go out. They both didn't retire after that game but Manly had made plans to replace him no doubt so i imagine that's why he went elsewhere. Cement stayed 1 more year at Manly.
I'm sad Des has gone and filthy about the way he exited but as most people are saying he won't be welcome at Brookvale anytime soon and I'll be joining in with the boo's in round 8 when he comes back for his 1st visit in enemy colours

I'll be BOO-ING too! and LOUD! and I know I won't be alone.
He only has to compare -- why Mal Reilly (who coached another team to rip us off in a GF) is still welcome at Brookie and why he is not.
Answer is simple =
Mal left in good faith and have never tried to dismantle our club.
The lies and bad behaviour shown in those emails really topped it off for me. Even Graham Lowe couldn't stand it and had to leave.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7