Do you support Trent Barrett? (Part 2)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you Support Trent Barrett?

• Yes

• No

• Still Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
Toovey wasn't sacked for that , all revenge for the Gifty decision , they just used that excuse but it really had nothing to do with it.
Penns, ****en Zorba etc they are reaping what they sowed. They created this mess and we the "customers" are the ones that now have to suffer through what those ****wits created by hiring who they have in coaching and playing roster.

Even though I hate what they have done to the joint I am not giving up on 45 years of watching Manly just because of a couple of bad seasons and because I think the owners have no business running an NRL team. As was clearly shown by knifing a club legend for a complete rookie coach and the less than astute off season recruitment drive. Quantitatively and qualitatively there is not one area since they took over that we have improved as a club, a team or as a business. Not one.

Us "older" bastards" are used to some leaner years every now and then but we have also been used to premierships and success every decade since the 70s but past success is not predictor of future success. The gaps between the haves and the have nots in the comp are wider and wider and I really feel that the Manly of old is lost and with this mob in charge I can't see a return to "old" Manly in the forceable future (maybe ever). We are a Tigers, St George etc and just making up the numbers now.

Why the f**k do we HAVE a coach with L plates???????
Because ego driven w*nkers shafted a legend.

I'm still neutral on Trent because the mess he came into is not his fault. He doesn't appear to know how to fix it yet though and needs to learn. Fast.

Quantitatively and qualitatively there is not one area since they took over that we have improved as a club, a team or as a business. Not one.

Not that this takes away from the point you are making but that isnt quite right.
Memberships are higher this year and that must be construed as an indicator of improvement.

He is an absolute amateur of a coach !!!!!! How can you support an amateur if you really love our club !!

Fans/Supporter: DO NOT SUPPORT INCOMPETENCE

WE DO NOT SUPPORT AMATEUR ROOKIE COACHES, LEARN YOUR TRADE ELSE WHERE ! MY ANSWSER IS NOOOOOOOOO

There is NO substitute for experience ! Injuries aside ! I see nothing creative/flashy/innovating

I see an amateur in charge of a great club !

Last edited:
Not that this takes away from the point you are making but that isnt quite right.
Memberships are higher this year and that must be construed as an indicator of improvement.
Yeah, I did think of that one but that's only if you believe their numbers (like clubs reporting crowd figures are always bull****). I believe that these clowns report these membership numbers to suit their agenda which is to try and justify that they made the right decision to shaft Tooves and that fans didn't care and didn't vote with their feet and didn't renew their memberships. I don't believe these numbers at all for one second.

There are also many different types of memberships, my family of 5 have had season tickets in the same seats in the Jane Try stand for years and around us were many long time regulars who also had their same seats for years. Many of them are gone this year (we will not renew next year). Not sure what happened to those other fans I assume they still follow Manly and they might have renewed their memberships but they didn't renew their seats and the value of that "customer" to the "business" is worth much less.

Willey, Biscuits, Ritchie, Bozo*, Des, Tooves.
8 premierships, grand finalists, numerous finals appearances.
No need to tell anyone the common thread but to ask WHY you would move away from such a unique ly successful formula? I'd be interested if anyone can give a valid reason.
* Did great things once.

I don't want to be like parra and change the coach every season. I loved toovs and he should never have lost his job but he did and we have to move on. Barrett has had some rotten luck with injury, 5 day turn around, match fixing and and ageing bunch of stars yet he is still backing the boys and keeping sane at the same time. A rookie coaches ability to do this is a great character trait. I would be deadset against him being sacked. He needs 2 to 3 years to prove himself.

I don't want to be like parra and change the coach every season. I loved toovs and he should never have lost his job but he did and we have to move on. Barrett has had some rotten luck with injury, 5 day turn around, match fixing and and ageing bunch of stars yet he is still backing the boys and keeping sane at the same time. A rookie coaches ability to do this is a great character trait. I would be deadset against him being sacked. He needs 2 to 3 years to prove himself.
I've run very large and complex businesses and I always gave people time to settle into a new role especially if they were coming into a troubled or poor performing organistion. However, sometimes even with all the support in the world recruitment mistakes are made and some people just aren't capable of stepping up to a challenging new role and no amount of time or support will change that.

It is a results driven business and Barrett has had every chance to make his mark on our club, he had almost 12 months to get his head around and prepare this team for this season, he would have been involved in the off season big spending recruitment drive, he had his say on the way we play the game and how fit the team is. There is no sugar coating it off field and on field we have gone backwards this year. For the poor on field results .... the buck stops coach with the coach and his assistants they must go and someone with an understanding of what the Manly culture is needs to be installed. We aren't ever going to improve with him in charge.

The amazing thing is, from memory, we are at about the same win / loss ratio as this point last year....another year where we had awful luck with injuries

The amazing thing is, from memory, we are at about the same win / loss ratio as this point last year....another year where we had awful luck with injuries
Exactly. Same position as last year but with the "major" off season signings, a complete overhaul of the club from top to bottom and no circus like distractions with the contract negotiations of star players going on. We should be more stable and better off but we aren't even close.

I wasn't on this site last year were people saying sack tooves, sack this person and sack that person like they are this year?

I've run very large and complex businesses and I always gave people time to settle into a new role especially if they were coming into a troubled or poor performing organistion. However, sometimes even with all the support in the world recruitment mistakes are made and some people just aren't capable of stepping up to a challenging new role and no amount of time or support will change that.

It is a results driven business and Barrett has had every chance to make his mark on our club, he had almost 12 months to get his head around and prepare this team for this season, he would have been involved in the off season big spending recruitment drive, he had his say on the way we play the game and how fit the team is. There is no sugar coating it off field and on field we have gone backwards this year. For the poor on field results .... the buck stops coach with the coach and his assistants they must go and someone with an understanding of what the Manly culture is needs to be installed. We aren't ever going to improve with him in charge.
Fair point - what is your solution then and who is his replacement.

I've also been in charge of big business and coached footy sides. I acknowledge when luck Is sometimes not on your side and people often learn from their mistakes. I would like to hear your quick fix however.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4