Do you support Trent Barrett? (Part 2)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you Support Trent Barrett?

• Yes

• No

• Still Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just watched the Press Conference to see for myself and what I saw was a coach who was utterly clueless on how to get out of this and a bloke who has lost the dressing room.
Contrast with Trent Robertson in his press conference - that bloke really has his players ready to run through a brick wall.
Can't expect to compete when you're missing experienced players, and he was without SKD, Pearce, Cordner and Napa, so it's a credit to his coaching that they got within 46 of the Storm.

Why does Barrett keep referring to our team as young & inexperienced? Apart from the Turbos brothers and Parcell the majority of our players have at least 50+ NRL games experience with quite a few that have 100+ under their belt.

I may be a man on an Island.....but I'm still supporting Trent. To me It's way too early to be writing off the coach with the makeshift team we are trotting out each week. The effort is there ( yes I say that even after that 2nd half last week )..... its just that we have half a dozen players who just aren't up to it and need to be moved on. Some with big names and some with no names.

My only criticism of Trent would be this....you know who the players are that are letting the team down. Time for some tough decisions that may be unpopular but they need to be made no matter how big the name. It's your team now. Remember a young Wayne Bennett punted Wally Lewis.

I may be a man on an Island.....but I'm still supporting Trent. To me It's way too early to be writing off the coach with the makeshift team we are trotting out each week. The effort is there ( yes I say that even after that 2nd half last week )..... its just that we have half a dozen players who just aren't up to it and need to be moved on. Some with big names and some with no names.

My only criticism of Trent would be this....you know who the players are that are letting the team down. Time for some tough decisions that may be unpopular but they need to be made no matter how big the name. It's your team now. Remember a young Wayne Bennett punted Wally Lewis.

I too am supporting him because I want Manly winning games, even if we're winning ugly I still want them to win.

Right now TB has a cluster fvck to deal with and I doubt its just the football side of it.

Understand we are down on troops, but a good coach would work with the 17 available and work hard on the defence, how did we let in 31 points at home.

Attacking structure has been woeful. I still would be happy if we tried kept trying some moves, but there's nothing there on offer.

Even Penrith's under 20's team would beat us.

Manly chairman Scott Penn gives Sea Eagles coach TrentBarrett notice of ‘high expetations’

The problem is - Trent had no idea what a "high Expetation" is...
I for one have high ExpeCtations...

June 13, 2016 11:00pm
The Daily Telegraph

MANLY chairman Scott Penn has given rookie Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett his unconditional support but said failure at Brookvale was unacceptable.
Doesn't get any more profound than that does it?

DEAN RITCHIE said:
Barrett knows pressure is building, despite his chairman’s support.
Support??? What support?

DEAN RITCHIE said:
Penn has endorsed Barrett as the man to guide the Eagles out of the gloom, but remained adamant the club must start winning.
Now I understand - we must be more ADAMANT!

DEAN RITCHIE said:
“It’s been a disappointing season thus far which has been exacerbated by injury, no question.
How about last year? huh?
DEAN RITCHIE said:
origin:video_integrator.Y3YXUzNDE62aYK8KARWwpWUQhZ7Jt_jh

“Trent’s fine. We are six months into a three-year contract, it’s very early days,” Penn said.
uh -oh!
DEAN RITCHIE said:
“We had a massive change at the end of last season, we pretty much changed the entire coaching staff and changed half our playing roster. If anyone expects that be an instant turnaround, then they don’t know football very well. It does take time.
Now, Scotty, Didn't YOU expect a Miracle from TOOVEY??

“I couldn’t be prouder of the team, they are trying their hearts out. You can’t question the effort, that is all you can ask for as owners.”

To quote Joe Walsh - "OH YEAH!"

Last edited:
I too am supporting him because I want Manly winning games, even if we're winning ugly I still want them to win.

Right now TB has a cluster fvck to deal with and I doubt its just the football side of it.
Yeah, Zorba keeps eating all the bloody pies..... that has got to be causing some ****

when you review all his pressers, he is a coach who thinks that just because we have a good side on paper we should be getting results. He has zero idea how to get the best out of players.
just have a look at Bellamy and what he brings out of players. TB is 10+yrs behind that .

foxsports article

When it rains it pours over on the beaches.

A week after Manly’s Narrabeen training base was fully submerged under water in the Sydney storms, their once formidable record at Brookvale Oval has been washed away.

The Sea Eagles second half capitulation to Penrith on Sunday leaves them with a 1-5 record at the famed fortress in 2016.

With just one win from six outings, it’s their worst start to a season at Brookie in the club’s history according to the Fox Sports Lab, and a stunning fall for one of the game’s most imposing home ground advantages.

Manly are currently batting at 16.7 per cent on their traditional home track in 2016, with another loss coming in the round 10 game against Brisbane that was taken to Suncorp Stadium, a move skipper Jamie Lyon questioned afterwards.

They have four more games at Brookvale this year against the Dragons, Knights, Storm and Raiders.

You’d back them to jag two of those games, which would squeak them past their worst ever season at Brookvale — a two from nine (for a win percentage of 22.2 per cent) effort in their inaugural 1947 campaign.

Famously described as a “sh*thole” by Broncos forward Todd Lowrie in 2014, the Sea Eagles supremacy at Brookvale has officially gone down the toilet.

it matters not which field we play on, the mental toughness is merely a memory of a by gone era. Only tough coaches can bring it back ,.
TB and his mate CartWRONG are not cut for it.

Nothings changed my thinking, he was on a hiding to nothing this year. Absolutely the worst coaching position on offer this season with everything he had to deal with (Worse than Newcastle's even and he's had more injury and suspension to deal with than anyone could have forecasted).

He deserves another year to build a team and be judged on their performances and as long as we have a new No.1 for that season he has my support.

Doesn't deserve another chance next season. ffs toovey missed the 8 once in 4 years and got shafted straight away, and it was with a worse squad than what Baz has, and a very high injury toll as well.
At the time I thought toovey might've not been able to evolve as a coach, but I don't think I really appreciated what a mess the club and playing group was.
I suppose it's only fair to give Barrett until the end of the season, but I've got no interest in holding on to him for next season if we miss the 8. I'd currently rank him as the worst coach in the nrl.
Let's get over Toovey being sacked, it had nothing to do with our performance last year, he lost the players, he was gone before the season started.

As far as I know, Tooves lost the clique of players who blamed him for the loss of Gift. I think we know who they are. But chiefly, his execution warrant was signed the moment Penn/Zorba assumed full control of the Club.

He deserves another year to build a team and be judged on their performances and as long as we have a new No.1 for that season he has my support.
I am not religious so it feels odd to agree with you.

Because everybody is new to him :cool:
And I know Trent is still very young and green for a coach but he's reaching the chronological age where everybody that's younger than him starts to look like a kid.
I feel like that when a copper who looks 12 pulls me over for a random breath test. Put that thing away and respect your elders! And just because I'm slurring it's no reason for you to make fun of my speech impediment! Go to your room!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7