Dogs Lodge OffIcial Complaint. Barba spat on by Manly Fan.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
rmd said:
What upsets me more than anything is that the positive or apparent sympathetic comments toward the action in this blog regarding the incident and that it happened so far outnumber the negative comments by more than 3:1. I really don't see how this blog helps the image of the club at all. In fact it potentially becomes an indictment on all the members of this site and Manly fans in general.
It didn't happen/it's not been proved/the refs were to blame for inciting the fans/it is a Bulldog plot to destabilise the club… Yes it does seem plenty of people here are keen to minimise or excuse the behaviour.

Has our club even said anything about this yet? I don't know why we didn't come straight out and make it clear what sort of behaviour won't be tolerated at Brookie.

Was there an announcement that I missed? @Larissa

Darren said:
Maybe it's the way we speak about them on here that probably is a feeling among the northern beaches people and beyond. We just don't like it when we get caught out doing the same thing as the Dogs.

Lol for once we agree Darren !!

Amazing how many people want evidence etc before condemning but are happy to get stuck into Barba and co over twitter rubbish

I hope it isn't true but I am embarrassed about the latest allegations of racial abuse. I am stunned that someone would abuse the wife of a player and it is cowardly and contemptible. Most have got a smart phone so film these louts and let's get rid of them for good.

After 2 punches were thrown at SOO new ceo Smith decides to ban all punches. Now, faced with a possible couple of crowd nobs Smith follows through and shall ban all crowds from matches.

Satisfied with his brilliant decision making prowess, Smith is planning on asking for a 100% pay rise and a contract extension.

It's expected he'll receive them.

I hope pritchard's wife reported it to one of the numerous police and security at the game. Otherwise to only play it out in the social media arena is a bit agenda driven

bones said:
None of this would happen if we had jumping castles at games.

Recent research suggests that bad things can still happen in an unacceptably high volume of cases if you dont combine face painting with the jumping castles. Forewarned is forearmed.

MissKate said:
I hope pritchard's wife reported it to one of the numerous police and security at the game. Otherwise to only play it out in the social media arena is a bit agenda driven
The reputation of Bulldogs fans has been tarnished by the actions of a moronic minority for quite some time. It is neither unfair nor hard to understand that some upstanding Bulldog fans might want to point out that it is not only their club that suffers from this delinquent bully element. Just to keep things in perspective.

Light banter can be great entertainment for fans at the game. Abuse of any sort is never acceptable though. I sympathise with Pritchard's wife but am very disappointed with the wording she used in her hash tag.

Drug deals, assaults, theft and crime in general? I guess those things only happen in Manly as well.

Was reading some of the comments about the smh article. People are outraged by racist comments which is a fair call. Many of the same people are then stating that all Manly fans behave like the few yobs on Friday. Judging a whole group for the actions of a few idiots seems pretty hypocritical to me.
This media frenzied culture is nuts.:s

Nicci, I hear this "only a few" comment a lot but it actually seems quite well spread with our fans. I have never watched a Brookie game without a group of people swear and call out racist stuff (and I have watched from many parts of the ground) One of the reasons I haven't taken my two daughters to the game yet.
The Centrelink stuff is embarassing and don't understand why some on here think they are actually better than "other" clubs fans.

Darren said:
Nicci, I hear this "only a few" comment a lot but it actually seems quite well spread with our fans. I have never watched a Brookie game without a group of people swear and call out racist stuff (and I have watched from many parts of the ground) One of the reasons I haven't taken my two daughters to the game yet.
The Centrelink stuff is embarassing and don't understand why some on here think they are actually better than "other" clubs fans.
Honestly, I haven't been to Brookie in a long time. I grew up there every second weekend in winters but the last game I attended as an adult was about 9 years ago. The atmosphere was great and there wasn't any indecent behaviour. Just lots of fun banter. The same sort of stuff I grew up with.
If there is a problem element developing I agree that some cultural changes may need to occur at the ground and if it means kicking out trouble making d#ckheads then that's a good thing.
Linking all Manly supporters to misbehaviour at Brookvale and elsewhere is a grossly incorrect statistic.

I agree Nicci that the majority of fans everywhere are decent, caring and love their team. It seems there is a lot of pent up anger with some fans today and screaming obscenities seems to make them feel good. Last year at Brookie a guy was screaming you f### Sl### Cu### and he did this quite abit. There were girls in the vicinity but no one batted an eyelid.

Darren said:
Last year at Brookie a guy was screaming you f### Sl### Cu### and he did this quite abit. There were girls in the vicinity but no one batted an eyelid.
Sounds like playground duty at some of the schools I've worked at.
I need to become a zillionaire and buy Manly and sort out this ridiculous fan behaviour.
Taking donations from now @niccipops.

Darren said:

Enjoying yourself Darren? all we need know is Snake to bit out for a bit longer and you will be in 7th heaven!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8