Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 22, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 WIN Stadium
29 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

My hands are still shaking. Using the voice thingy to type this.
A wins a win. I’ll take it anyway it comes.
Agree, another white knuckle ride again. Manly games have it all, bombed try's, possession starvation ie; 6-1 6agains against us and errors a plenty. That's 2 4pt wins on the trot, and can't see the Chooks game being any different tbh.

exactly. I can see it. you can see it. blind Freddy can see it but people paid hundreds
of thousands are oblivious.

Dont know if you watch the cricket but the England team (BOOOOO) is now coached by Brendon McCullum. He has instituted BAZ BALL which is a super attacking style. It's only in its infancy but I love the idea of a coach trying something new. Seibold looks to be so conservative. almost bordering on asleep.

How about as a team they get coached to make every play they can a positive thing. Penrith is the closest we have in the comp to that style and it seems to be going ok for them.

As you pointed out, that's the approach the Walker brothers have brought to rugby league. Sadly i doubt any NRL clubs will risk their style.

Whats this about the ARU fitness team coming in? WTF. Rugby generally takes NRL type stallions and makes them into Clydesdales. we are screwed if this is the way we are heading?
I think the RU guy is an ex Wigan & Warrington rugby league player Jon Clarke. Played with Seibold at London Broncos. Also Chris Hicks and Monas at Warrington.

Clarke_Hicks.jpg

Last edited:
How about as a team they get coached to make every play they can a positive thing. Penrith is the closest we have in the comp to that style and it seems to be going ok for them.
With all due respect, how long did it take Penrith to be the team we're now all in awe of?
And, if it's that simple, why isn't every team Penrith?

Seibs is in his first year at Manly. Give him a chance.

The Ipswich Jets have won 1 game out of 18 this year.
They are last on the ladder with 2 points.
No thanks,the Walker brothers can stay in Qld.
They have the third worst attack and they are the worst defending team letting in almost 200 more points than the second worst team.

Very frustrating start but then seemed to settle down with a lot of positivity and purposeful play
Good individual performances all round , bar a couple of lapses from Shu and Keppie
Thought that Tuilagi much better , Bullemor great all round effort and enthusiasm [ surely he must be retained ] , Lodge getting the side on the front foot regularly , one of Saab 's best games . Koula and Garrick looking real good . Some good input from Tui .
Maybe should have tried to take more advantage from the situation with De Belin in the bin but better side for the majority of the game and would have been a bit of a travesty if they lost
Conceding 6 again still a problem , have to find some way of addressing this , just adds that degree of pressure that any side would find hard to sustain some rigid defense . Dragons not the most dynamic of sides but some pretty inspiring Manly defence and scramble at times
Still have to tidy up in a couple of areas to go with the top sides but where there is life there is hope and if somehow to manufacture a win next week , must be on the cusp then of getting real close to sneaking into a final"s spot .
Regardless still had that definite sense of a good feel win yesterday evening

Just watched the game again. We might /. might not make the finals? If we make it we're cannon fodder anyway. Just good to wake up after a win especially a win at that ground and on DCE 300th game. Well done fellas.

What im getting at is I needed to see a bounce with Seibold this year and it just hasn't happened.
So, are you making the point that Des was actually a decent coach who could get a response from his players? But not Seibold?
Fyi with no dramatic change to the roster Seibold has already exceeded Des's 2022 results and we still have 5 games to go. Let's at least see how he can finish off his first season in charge before writing him off.

So, are you making the point that Des was actually a decent coach who could get a response from his players? But not Seibold?
Fyi with no dramatic change to the roster Seibold has already exceeded Des's 2022 results and we still have 5 games to go. Let's at least see how he can finish off his first season in charge before writing him off.
Much like Lodgey who is three from three since he arrived.

I hope our coach can pull the right strings and get us into the finals. If he manages to do that it will be a very good result that bodes well for his future at the club. Anything less and the pressure on him will be immense next season.

Worked last night and just caught some highlights. Great to get the win and still be in the mix. Congratulations to DCE on 300 games. Big milestone.

Agree, another white knuckle ride again. Manly games have it all, bombed try's, possession starvation ie; 6-1 6agains against us and errors a plenty. That's 2 4pt wins on the trot, and can't see the Chooks game being any different tbh.
I see my GP on Tuesday. I’m going to hit him up for more Valium. He’ll question this no doubt. But I’ve been with him for 18 years, and although he doesn’t follow the footy, he does know I am a tad invested in it and more so Manly. He’ll understand. :party:

Very frustrating start but then seemed to settle down with a lot of positivity and purposeful play
Good individual performances all round , bar a couple of lapses from Shu and Keppie
Thought that Tuilagi much better , Bullemor great all round effort and enthusiasm [ surely he must be retained ] , Lodge getting the side on the front foot regularly , one of Saab 's best games . Koula and Garrick looking real good . Some good input from Tui .
Maybe should have tried to take more advantage from the situation with De Belin in the bin but better side for the majority of the game and would have been a bit of a travesty if they lost
Conceding 6 again still a problem , have to find some way of addressing this , just adds that degree of pressure that any side would find hard to sustain some rigid defense . Dragons not the most dynamic of sides but some pretty inspiring Manly defence and scramble at times
Still have to tidy up in a couple of areas to go with the top sides but where there is life there is hope and if somehow to manufacture a win next week , must be on the cusp then of getting real close to sneaking into a final"s spot .
Regardless still had that definite sense of a good feel win yesterday evening
I think I can help with the 6 again problem Al.

Jake changes his name to something with at least 5 syllables, and can’t be shortened. @:p

Jack de Belin charged (via nrl.com):

Dragons forward Jack de Belin is facing a 3-4 match ban after being charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact offence in Saturday night's loss to the Sea Eagles.

The incident, which saw Christian Tuipulotu leave the field injured and resulted in de Belin being sent to the sin bin, drew a third and subsequent Dangerous Contact charge for the veteran which carries a three-match ban with an early guilty plea or four-match ban if he is found guilty at Panel.

Croker made 61 tackles last night - 2 missed.

Thought that was impressive, until I saw that Cameron McInnes made 81 (3 missed). Yikes!
They are both incredible efforts. But McInnes making 81 is absolutely insane. What an effort. That guy is a machine. Mind you his face looked anything but machine-like at the end of the game. Well done to both he and Crokes.

Yeah, I agree with him, 6-1 6agains to the Goons just wasn't good enough by the ref tonight.
It's very easy to win the six agains when you're attacking the opposition line, we probably only had about 15 tackles in the Dragons 20m all night, so the Dragons line wasn't under any real pressure, whereas they probably had around 60 tackles in our 20, so our defensive line was always under pressure.
If we had equal possession and position, rather than just 40% , we would have murdered them, not to mention any bombed tries as well.

A. John's on ch 9 talked about the no try to the drags in the last 10mins, he said he could see the ball touch the ground so why was it no try haha

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8