Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree we have plenty of options but I don't like the idea of moving our 5/8 to cover centre. The lest changes the better
Yeah sure but with a significant injury you'd expect some reshuffle. The alternative with an injury to the centres is say Satini coming up.

I can understand some people being worried about injuries now that Hiku looks to be moving on, but here's the thing; no club in the salary cap era can afford a NZ International in NSW Cup as back up for injury. There are 15 other clubs that would love to have the same depth, but it's unheard of. Hiku is not a depth player, he is a genuine first grader. So the question is who will do a better job at 5/8 next season? The answer is Walker hands down. We can't have our cake and eat it too, so given that Walker is the best choice at 6, we have a clogged backline and and something has to give...unfortunately it's Hiku.

We have Lewis Brown who can cover centre and Nathan Green, Tony Satini, and Tim Moltzen who can play on the wing and also cover centre. I think we'll be right. These days it's nigh impossible to win a competition without a fully fit squad so you're best to take your chances than have a middle of the road squad with lots of depth. Hell that's what we've had the last two seasons and it got us nowhere.

Hiku will stay and play wing. Tom Turbo will play under 20's for one more season. If Walker goes well at 5/8th he will stay there and Hiku will replace either Killer or Matai and Tom will be in FG from 2017. The club are already on the record as saying they don't have to release ANY players to sign Walker.

Hiku will stay and play wing. Tom Turbo will play under 20's for one more season. If Walker goes well at 5/8th he will stay there and Hiku will replace either Killer or Matai and Tom will be in FG from 2017. The club are already on the record as saying they don't have to release ANY players to sign Walker.
Where did you hear this? There has been strong talk here that Hiku is going to the Dragons for next season.

Walker was released by Souths to help make room for Burgess in the salary cap and is set to sign with Manly to play at 5/8!!

I think Barrett knows that Tom T needs to FG next year and that's why Hiku one of the guys sounded out to leave. That and the fact that he is one player who will generate a lot in interest from other clubs and is probably on a sizeable contract at Manly for a winger.

Where did you hear this? There has been strong talk here that Hiku is going to the Dragons for next season.
This is my opinion, I had specific info on Walker but was howled down. New policy, I don't share anything I am told, only express an opinion.

As great as a talent Tom is I wouldn't mind seeing him in and out of first grade depending on how he copes physically.
If he handles it fine, but I wouldn't mind them giving him a bit of cotton wool treatment because of his age.
His body is still developing and would hate to see a serious injury to him. It would also give us a look at some other options incase of injuries such as Goodall and Lavaka.

Any new news ?

Yep, Dylan Walker has been confirmed on a 4 year deal.

Also David Klemmer, Aaron Woods and Ben Teo will join us next week after being granted releases from their clubs and Wayne Bennett has just been announced as Trent barrett's assistant for the next 3 years.
Actually nothing new whatsoever, Im just really bored.

@Clay
You may have a point. From memory, other youngsters with prodigious talents who were simply too good to leave out of 1st grade tended to suffer repeated injury, including SBW and Inglis (I think he suffered shin splints for quite some time)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8