[Resurrected] Eagle tempted to fly nest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lussick is a perfect replacement for Rodney. I just hope he sticks around. This is where we need Beaver on our staff, I believe he could persuade players to stay for less money.

swoop said:
Lussick is a perfect replacement for Rodney. I just hope he sticks around. This is where we need Beaver on our staff, I believe he could persuade players to stay for less money.

Nope, Mauro is Rodney which is why I wanted Lussick in the gf, Lussick is the new prop

I like the aggressive, combative nature of Lussick but he had only himself to blame for missing the GF by running into the brawl. He is not yet a 1st grade star like Glenn Stewart so he was never guaranteed to get his spot back in the 17. A nice gesture by Hasler to give Lussick his premiership ring.

Who says he was 'fuming' about missing out on a GF spot? Oh yes, Mr Believable, aka Peter Peters - the Marie Barone of Manly-Warringah.

Which gives me an idea:

Media personality Peter Peters, who as his alter ego Doris Roberts, donned the drag to portray the conniving, agenda-driven Marie Barone in the hit MWSE sitcom for the last 8 seasons - 'Everybody loves Desmond,' (based on the comedy of Des Hamone) is currently looking for new work. However at his advancing age, work may be hard to come by.

Sadly for Mr Peters/Ms Roberts, the show was cancelled after it was revealed that the star and creator Des Hamone, had been in negotiations with rival network CBS (Canterbury-Bankstown Slumdogs) to create a new sitcom, (based on his comedy), at that network. Mr Hamone has now departed for CBS, whilst Mr Peters/Ms Roberts, is still emotionally bereft at his departure.

Other stars of the hit series included Fred Jones as long-suffering family patriach Frank Barone, Wendy Harmer as Des's wife Debra and Phil Daley as Des's put-upon policeman brother Robert.

MWSE CEO David Perry would not confirm whether a new series was being workshopped at the network - with a working title of 'Everybody hates Desmond.'

A Manly junior, highly talented player, youth on his side..

With our pack aging, we need a young strong forward to set up the foundation. I've been impressed with his skills and if we have the go forward up front over the next few years and the hunger to win a couple of more premierships, we'll be in great shape for the future.

SIGNING LUSSICK LONG TERM WOULD BE FULL LUSSICK!

Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:
I've actually did a team list with this exact selection before the GF on this forum,

---
That's interesting, seeing as you only joined the forum in November 2011. :D

Seriously. I kid you not.
Might have done it with a different nick or something, being a newbie then. :s
I'd never really want to be a regular poster until the poo hit the "fans" (pardon the pun) after the GF.
Otherwise, I might be losing my mind if I dreamt that up. :(
Good night, fellow Manly fans.

---
Oh yes, of course, that makes perfect sense, that would explain it.
And there was I jumping to conclusions.
Such as, when the poo hit the fan you felt your (loud) opinions might be taken more seriously if they were coming from a new identity. Instead of glossed over as the same old ho-hum line being trotted out by someone very well-known here.
Guess I was reading too much into it, "Ramrod", haha.
[Some clues: Comments on rugby union; makes biblical references; strongly pro Penn; supports Zorba; anti-board – in particular "certain non-football background board member(s)"; anti-Delmege; very literate - sometimes even quotes in Latin !!]
Could be anyone, really... ;)

Ease up on old Ramrod, he's not losing his mind. If you had so much time to trawl all his posts SER8 to try and "out" him, you probably should have paid attention to the fact that his first post was on 28th August. You would have also seen the post in question regarding the selction of Lussick in the following thread

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Grand-Final-YART

For some reason his joined date is stuck on "today", so he is either Peter Pan or he is undergoing the Silvertails equivalent of Groundhog Day.

Let's not be so vindictive of new users SER8, try and be a little more inclusive. We are trying to foster an open and frank forum here, where a diverse range of opinions are offered and respected. Don't prejudge posters by their join date or number of posts.

Agreed, C& C, but where is the vindictiveness? Pretty much everyone here is anonymous anyway, it is an online community after all. I merely found it an amusing coincidence. I actually don't have that much spare time at present, but Ramrod only has 29 posts and I only had to 'trawl' through about 6 of those to confirm my 'clues '!
In any case, Ramrod, I welcome all newcomers, the more the merrier. I hope you continue to post for a long time, be it in English or Latin or anything else :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Agreed, C& C, but where is the vindictiveness? Pretty much everyone here is anonymous anyway, it is an online community after all. I merely found it an amusing coincidence. I actually don't have that much spare time at present, but Ramrod only has 29 posts and I only had to 'trawl' through about 6 of those to confirm my 'clues '!
In any case, Ramrod, I welcome all newcomers, the more the merrier. I hope you continue to post for a long time, be it in English or Latin or anything else :)

Ramrod's first post was on Sunday, 28th August, 2011, 02:11 PM

From my mate Blake Daveys status lastnight about him being at the leagues club with Buhrer Higgins and Lussick it could be hard for him to turn his back on his beloved Northern Beaches and mates, who wouldnt want to play with their mates ? Then again money talks these days !

Copa Eagle said:
From my mate Blake Daveys status lastnight about him being at the leagues club with Buhrer Higgins and Lussick it could be hard for him to turn his back on his beloved Northern Beaches and mates, who wouldnt want to play with their mates ? Then again money talks these days !

Future of our team there. Blake Davey is a good player and all of those guys are our future. Hope they all stay around for a long time.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Just to put your insinuations to bed, Ramrod is not me. My only "alter-ego" is Sherlock and that's no State secret.

From the Zero Tackle website
Players Off Contract 2013

Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Joe Galuvao, Daniel Harrison, Brent Kite, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Vic Mauro, George Rose, Nick Skinner, Glenn Stewart, Tony Williams

12 players off contract

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/players/off-contract-2013/#ixzz1e6trBPLt

Some big decisions to be made if this is accurate..Maybe there will be room to to maneuver in regards to keeping Lussick.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Oh yes, of course, that makes perfect sense, that would explain it.
And there was I jumping to conclusions.
Such as, when the poo hit the fan you felt your (loud) opinions might be taken more seriously if they were coming from a new identity. Instead of glossed over as the same old ho-hum line being trotted out by someone very well-known here.
Guess I was reading too much into it, "Ramrod", haha.
[Some clues: Comments on rugby union; makes biblical references; strongly pro Penn; supports Zorba; anti-board – in particular "certain non-football background board member(s)"; anti-Delmege; very literate - sometimes even quotes in Latin !!]
Could be anyone, really... ;)

Wow. I didn't realize anyone would really pay that much detail into what I have blabbed about. :blush:
RE: Union - can't remember talking about Union, but I can't stand the game. Boring.
RE: Biblical references - I believed I only did it one time. I'm actually atheist (not even agnostic).The only God (paradox) is Arko. His apostles are those who stood by the club recently (exempli gratia: Fredo, Igor, Thrower), despite the traitors attempting to rip it apart.
RE: Pro Penn - True. Just a personal opinion. I think he's been good for us. That doesn't mean I will support him blindly if he does a Desmond on us. Limitations based on loyalty to Manly.
RE: Supports Zorba - True. Initially, I didn't get off on the right foot with him but he has been most kind and gracious every time we meet at the club or at the game. Also, my opinion of him has risen, ever since he continue to stay loyal despite losing his job, and being back-stabbed by his "close friend". He really is Manly, through and through.
RE: Anti-Board - Not entirely. Initially, I was sore with Manly losing Des. As Arko said, "got no objection to Des (or anyone) leaving ..... But if Des, or anybody else, is involved in decimating the club and pulling it to pieces, that’s when they get me off side."
I'm now on the side of the Board, ever since certain emails have surfaced and helped clear the air for me. I still believe "owners" without money should be ex-owners.
RE: Quotes in Latin - I like Latin. It's the root of the English language. Chaucer & Shakespeare. I don't remember much anymore.

---

Chip and Chase said:
Ease up on old Ramrod, he's not losing his mind. If you had so much time to trawl all his posts SER8 to try and "out" him, you probably should have paid attention to the fact that his first post was on 28th August. You would have also seen the post in question regarding the selction of Lussick in the following thread

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Grand-Final-YART

For some reason his joined date is stuck on "today", so he is either Peter Pan or he is undergoing the Silvertails equivalent of Groundhog Day.

Let's not be so vindictive of new users SER8, try and be a little more inclusive. We are trying to foster an open and frank forum here, where a diverse range of opinions are offered and respected. Don't prejudge posters by their join date or number of posts.

Thank you, Chip and Chase.
I can rest easier now knowing I haven't completely lost my mind.

Darn it, a perfectly good conspiracy theory shot down in flames. :idea:
O well, back to the drawing board (and damn the off-season).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4