[Resurrected] Eagle tempted to fly nest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ramrod said:
Chip and Chase said:
For some reason his joined date is stuck on "today", so he is either Peter Pan or he is undergoing the Silvertails equivalent of Groundhog Day.

Thank you, Chip and Chase.
I can rest easier now knowing I haven't completely lost my mind.

Yeah, that's very strange that Ramrod's join date is stuck on "today". Maybe it's something that @[Daniel] can possibly look into it when he gets some spare time somewhere down the track.

It's happened to a lot of users not sure of the cause

Chip and Chase said:
Ease up on old Ramrod, he's not losing his mind. If you had so much time to trawl all his posts SER8 to try and "out" him, you probably should have paid attention to the fact that his first post was on 28th August. You would have also seen the post in question regarding the selction of Lussick in the following thread

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Grand-Final-YART

For some reason his joined date is stuck on "today", so he is either Peter Pan or he is undergoing the Silvertails equivalent of Groundhog Day.

Let's not be so vindictive of new users SER8, try and be a little more inclusive. We are trying to foster an open and frank forum here, where a diverse range of opinions are offered and respected. Don't prejudge posters by their join date or number of posts.

Mine is the same ..it`s always registered today.. lol :p

795 posts in a day ... :D

jjai said:
Chip and Chase said:
Ease up on old Ramrod, he's not losing his mind. If you had so much time to trawl all his posts SER8 to try and "out" him, you probably should have paid attention to the fact that his first post was on 28th August. You would have also seen the post in question regarding the selction of Lussick in the following thread

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Grand-Final-YART

Let's not be so vindictive of new users SER8, try and be a little more inclusive. We are trying to foster an open and frank forum here, where a diverse range of opinions are offered and respected. Don't prejudge posters by their join date or number of posts.

Mine is the same ..it`s always registered today.. lol :p

795 posts in a day ... :D

So what your saying is your registered..Two days before the day after tomorrow.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Darn it, a perfectly good conspiracy theory shot down in flames. :idea:
O well, back to the drawing board (and damn the off-season).

I think you owe us both an apology.

Matabele said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Darn it, a perfectly good conspiracy theory shot down in flames. :idea:
O well, back to the drawing board (and damn the off-season).

I think you owe us both an apology.
... 'us both'?? I'd love to hear why you think I owe you an apology!

As for Ramrod, he sounds quite pleased that I bothered to pay attention to his posts. But if I hurt his feelings I'm sure he'll tell me.

Haha, I never named my suspect - yet you have no doubt I was referring to yourself! Do I take it you are saying it's obvious that you're the only one that shares Ramrod's range of views?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Haha, I never named my suspect - yet you have no doubt I was referring to yourself! Do I take it you are saying it's obvious that you're the only one that shares Ramrod's range of views?

You may not have named him SER8 but when I read your description of Ramrod:

SeaEagleRock8 said:
[Some clues: Comments on rugby union; makes biblical references; strongly pro Penn; supports Zorba; anti-board – in particular "certain non-football background board member(s)"; anti-Delmege; very literate - sometimes even quotes in Latin !!]
Could be anyone, really... ;)

my immediate thought was that you were insinuating that it was Mata so if it appeared to me that you were pointing the finger at Mata then how many others also thought the same thing?

Another childish arguement.

Back on topic. I was that pleased to see Darcy stick up for himself in the melbourne game. Just what we need. A no nonsense front rower. People will think twice before they pick him again. Did himself a favour imo. The story is probably a beat up. He only played 7 games.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Ramrod's views are shared by many. I am however growing increasingly tired of some of the site myths attributed to me, and one of these is that I post under assumed names. An easy allegation by the lazy to try and marginalise entirely valid views they don't agree with.

Jethro said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

You may not have named him SER8 but when I read your description of Ramrod:

SeaEagleRock8 said:
[Some clues: Comments on rugby union; makes biblical references; strongly pro Penn; supports Zorba; anti-board – in particular "certain non-football background board member(s)"; anti-Delmege; very literate - sometimes even quotes in Latin !!]
Could be anyone, really... ;)

my immediate thought was that you were insinuating that it was Mata so if it appeared to me that you were pointing the finger at Mata then how many others also thought the same thing?
How many indeed? And if a fair few, as you imply, might that not tend to suggest the joining of some dots would be far from left field?

Matabele said:
Ramrod's views are shared by many. I am however growing increasingly tired of some of the site myths attributed to me, and one of these is that I post under assumed names. An easy allegation by the lazy to try and marginalise entirely valid views they don't agree with.

You might have brought that myth upon yourself to some extent by previously admitting to use of an alter ego.

I totally accept that you are not RR, but remain slightly amused at your indignation. I do of course agree with your point that views should be addressed for what they are, not for who has expressed them.

Good news on this from a very reliable source. Darcy 100% solid for 2012 & would like to stay long term with the Seaeagles.

There is no fight KE just a difference of perspective that probably does not interest the majority of posters. In fairness it’s not ideal to keep interrupting this otherwise useful thread about Lussick. (I like Lussick!)

Nonetheless I plan to drop in again about 9.45 in case anyone wants to further discuss any of this. Who knows, Ramrod himself might return, and I hope he does. If he doesn’t, it’s unlikely to be because he’s shy. His 30 posts include initiating 8 new topics!

So… does anyone present still request an apology?
If so, please simply explain why.
I don't promise to apologise, but I do undertake to listen to (and take seriously) any serious comments… :argue:

Kiwi Eagle said:
Are all silvertails members keen to chip in for a couple of handbags for the SER8 v Mata fight ?

Naaah Mata wouldn't touch it without it being an LV authentic,i don't have the silver spoon to pay for it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2