Eels tell Sandow to pack bags after questioning Arthur's tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But Brad Arthur knows best. After all he is coaching parra to last spot on the table so his tactics must be right

Talk about looking for any excuse to show him the door.

We'll take him mid season. Maybe try him at hooker for 15 mins each half when we need some speed around the ruck and a bit of flare?
Atleast the leagues club would benefit.

Wow i didn't interpret Sandows comments that way at all.
He's not questioning BA's tactics, he is just saying what he feels - that maybe if the schackles are let loose I can do something for you.
What a mess is Parra!

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe BA really is a super coach but it's just an impossible task to turn Parra into a respectable football team. Then again, maybe he's just a sh*thouse coach. I like to think its a bit of both.

I wouldn't mind taking Sandow on before the June 30 deadline and let him play for a contract for next year. He has talent to burn but lacks long term focus. So having him on an annual contract may help with that.

It would at least get rid of the dark cloud that is Foran and give Manly a much needed XFactor who is also a goal kicker.@:cool:

Titans issued a statement yesterday that they don't want him.

Ironic that Foran would not stay as he does not like 2v's coaching and Sandow gets fired for the same exact sentiments

Lets go crazy Manly and start zooming up the ladder :)

Now that's man management for you; it's what Arthur is famous for.....

No wonder players give glib answers to reporters. Telling the truth gets you sacked. It's ridiculous. Everything Sandow said was true - he is an instinctive player, and very dangerous because of his unpredictability. Arthur obviously wants a team of robots.

I love watching Sandow play, very entertaining although it doesn't always come off. If you had another half beside him to do the directing around the park and gave Sandow free reign to play what he sees you'd have an exciting team to watch

Players just want to play for him

Not just play, Choc said "Go to War for". Poor old Choc.

And don't be fooled, Foz is going there purely for the $$$ nothing else. The whole BA thing is just a line to the Media so they don't think he is a heartless $$$ man. If BA is there or not it doesn't matter. Don't know which out of the two cry babies has more brain damage to think (using that term loosely) that this is a good career move. At least Sterlo's man crush will be playing for Parra and can have him as a regular on the couch or a bed as he recovers from his weekly occuring injuries.

Thankfully the deadline has past and no more Foz for 2016. Shame we couldn't swap him for Sandow for the rest of this season as he would provide some spark to our attack and can kick too

Sandow is very much a rocks and diamonds player. His defence though is a liability and I can understand why the Dalai is frustrated with him, to blow a 24 point lead when the tries came down his side of defence. Saying all that he has carved us up the last 2 times we have been to worm park

Not just play, Choc said "Go to War for". Poor old Choc.

And don't be fooled, Foz is going there purely for the $$$ nothing else. The whole BA thing is just a line to the Media so they don't think he is a heartless $$$ man. If BA is there or not it doesn't matter. Don't know which out of the two cry babies has more brain damage to think (using that term loosely) that this is a good career move. At least Sterlo's man crush will be playing for Parra and can have him as a regular on the couch or a bed as he recovers from his weekly occuring injuries.

Thankfully the deadline has past and no more Foz for 2016. Shame we couldn't swap him for Sandow for the rest of this season as he would provide some spark to our attack and can kick too
I think being inspired by a coach is legit for a 20 year old, but to hear that sort of talk from a 30 year old man is just embarrassing. By that age a professional doesn't need a pep talk or leader to follow.

I think being inspired by a coach is legit for a 20 year old, but to hear that sort of talk from a 30 year old man is just embarrassing. By that age a professional doesn't need a pep talk or leader to follow.
Kinda like the crap the media was saying about how Snake would refuse to play unless it was with his brother. You're your own man. That kinda **** is just insulting.

That 30 year old man wasn't inspired by the coach, he was inspired by the contract the coach offered.

I recall the days when Cliffy would play off the cuff and create the razzle dazzle football Manly where known for in the 90s. Didn't see Bozo drop him rather just let him play his natural unpredictable game. Personally I think Sandow should be allowed to play his natural game and let Norman control and structure the team. I wouldn't mind having Sandow partner DCE as he brings that element of unpredictability. Defense can be taught and improved whilst playing ad lib football and creating opportunities where others can't is a natural talent.

Makes you think huh.
I bet Toovey allows players to play their natural game. I bet Hasler and Bennett for example don't. It's a strange one.

Sandow is very much a rocks and diamonds player. His defence though is a liability and I can understand why the Dalai is frustrated with him, to blow a 24 point lead when the tries came down his side of defence. Saying all that he has carved us up the last 2 times we have been to worm park

His defence is a liability, so why would a coach play him at fullback like Arthur did two weeks ago?
A coaching masterstroke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4