END OF A GOLDEN ERA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really don't care whether Tooves is/was a great technical coach or not. I want his heart and spirit. Win or lose would mean much less if the team we put out each week played with that heart and spirit. It's the Manly I knew and loved, growing up. It's not the Manly I am seeing now.

the coaches passion in the half time talk is non existant, whenever the camera goes to out dressing room, u never see TB laying down the law with all players sitting and listening, like other top coahes do. in contrast the raiders had Sticky do just that at half time. TB was floating around the room speechless. THE PASSION AND RESPECT STARTS FROM THE COACH
Yep. Page 4 Friday's tele shows the passion a coach needs

The sad thing about Tooves is that he was basically white anted for the sake of some who are no longer at the club and another who is basically on his last legs and will be lucky to be at Manly past 2016.

The lunatics ran the assylum and sadly it was supported by someone who thinks of himself as Manly's new Godfather.

We have 4 champions left from our golden era.

Snake is badly out of form right now and his head is just not in the game. His once great last line of defence has completely deserted him this year.

Killer's move to 5/8 was a good thing and I think he was gaining confidence until tonight's injury which will probably see him miss at least 2-4 weeks. He has already called time on his career anyway and won't be around in 2017.

Skivy.....of the 3 he is probably playing the best in 2016 and could easily go around again next year. However, the big question is will his body allow it? If he's out injured more than he is playing then what's the point?

DCE was out of form at the start of the year but he has been improving and tonight was arguably our best until he got injured. Our game went downhill until half time after he got injured and nosedived when he didn't return for the second half.

You forgot to mention Buhrer. He has been there through much of our success as well. Not a 'champion' player so understand why he's not in the list. I think it's really important that he stays injury free and earns a new contract. He has brains, ability and loves Manly. We desperately need that as the new era and team chemistry is developed.

Sue has mentioned the cancerous situation with BS. To expand on that, you have a bunch of guys that have either experienced Brett's brilliance first hand or watched it growing up. They have a natural respect and even awe towards him. This is magnified by the way he is lauded by some within the club to extent of blind adulation. The players now experience first hand an apparent lack of effort and output and can't marry that to the legend. They will be having negative thoughts about it but not feel they can voice them or maybe they do to each other.

This all prevents the much needed new team chemistry from developing. That feeling of brotherhood and trust that makes the team value more than the sum of the parts (ie: what we had for a long time).

I'm not sure how the BS situation will unfold but we really need Cherry, Ferris and the Turbos to carry the Manly spirit forward to the next great chapter of this club. It won't take 5 years as some think. A lot will depend on whether Barrett works out or if not, who they get in as the next coach in 2018.

A lot of people are rightly angry with the methods of the Penns, ZtH and Bozo but one thing you cannot deny is that Fulton wants success for this club just as much as any of us and with slightly better credentials to achieve it. I'm not blind to his shortcomings but we need to give this more than half a year before we judge it.

now to identify who the key players will be for future
t trbojevic
d cherry evans
j trbojevic
m taupau

parcell, walker maybe?

now to identify who the key players will be for future
t trbojevic
d cherry evans
j trbojevic
m taupau

parcell, walker maybe?
The big 3 are Tom, Jake and DCE. The players around them we need are going to be Walker, Taupau, Parcell, Knight, Fonua-Blake, Buhrer, Tafua, Koroisau and Vave and possibly Meehan. We have enough players there to build a premiership winning side.

This year is shot, especially with tonight's injuries, so why not bring up some kids and blood them, no pressure just an opportunity to feature in FG.

Don't know how the cap works with that but if it can fit give as many as possible ( different each week) a run.
Geez our kids are getting flogged also

how next year could (should) look:
1 Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Matai (need to make sure quality centre as backup, buy one or give ramien some experience this year as im sure he'll be handy next year)
5 Williame (wouldn't actually mind him on the wing, can see improvements)
6 ???? (need to buy quality five eighth. Surely norman will leave eels after drugs incident. would take him)
7 DCE
8 J Trbojevic
9 Parcell (rate this bloke highly, could actually see him playing for QLD in few years)
10 Myles
11 Buhrer
12 Taupau (give him some time in the middle if halves not utilizing him)
13 S.Sue fromtigers, runs hard and could provide much needed muscle in the middle

14 Knight (play second row and lock, more versatile then others on the bench who are all props)
15 Fonua Blake (will be a gun, chuck him at lock and prop for impact)
16 Lawrence
17 Vave (experienced benchie, great impact)

18 Koroisau / brown (only need one as hooker backup and impact)
19 Lussick
20 Leary (if we can resign him, not too fussed but i still think he can be a good player)
21 Meehan
22 Ramien
23 cox
24 pratt
25 Cust

The big 3 are Tom, Jake and DCE. The players around them we need are going to be Walker, Taupau, Parcell, Knight, Fonua-Blake, Buhrer, Tafua, Koroisau and Vave and possibly Meehan. We have enough players there to build a premiership winning side.

agreed although i think marty could be as crucial as the other 3

Guys I wrote this last night when I was broken hearted, I really was.
But as sad as it is, it is an opportunity to create more youth in our ranks and build the squad from the ground up. Let's stop bashing the coach for starters, he will be there next year and possibly the year after.
Retrospect also tells me that the additions we made before this year in players, was to get some professionals at the club and make us competitive over 2016/2017. It didn't work, but that is sometimes how things transpire.
Seriously. I think Bozo's plans are far more concentrated on a 5 year plan. Let's also stop Bozo bashing, because most of what he is doing is out of love and respect for the club that gave him his future. He is not a dinosaur at all, but a very astute man period.
My last words on this are probably the most pivotal to this post. There is no doubt that DCE was on the outer with the core players at Manly some 2 years ago....WHY??? Because he was not fitting in to their culture. With recent events, ask yourself truly, what WAS the culture amongst the players and was it indeed a culture that would be positive to pass on to the next generation.
It seems very plausible that although this squad was a fantastic unit of footballers on the park, the integrity and moral fibre of some must be deeply questioned. They started behaving like rock stars and "bad boys", involving themselves with questionable friends etc. Don't try and defend it, I witnessed these guys on many occasions parading themselves around as such.
DCE didn't like it, didn't embrace it and therefore was cast to the outer.

The club has identified this, and decided to build the club around him. I say BRAVO. But with contracts etc, you cannot wave a magical wand.

Please don't start arguing some of my points, because it is just an opinion based on my own dealings with the club. I may be askew in some areas, but my core belief is that a group of players began dragging the club away from it's high integrity and respectful history.
Time will tell, but we should try our best to lend our patriotic support. We can bash them when they play bad, but let's keep things honorable please.
I seen REAL fight in DCE's eyes last night, he has finally turned the corner, and I suspect will be the MAN to lead us forward. He has been through so much (sure some of his own doing) but it is time to unify and build this great club back into a formidable force. One that we can all be proud of.

Last edited:
But as sad as it is, it is an opportunity to create more youth in our ranks and build the squad from the ground up. Let's stop bashing the coach for starters, he will be there next year and possibly the year after.
Retrospect also tells me that the additions we made before this year in players, was to get some professionals at the club and make us competitive over 2016/2017. It didn't work, but that is sometimes how things transpire.
Seriously. I think Bozo's plans are far more concentrated on a 5 year plan. Let's also stop Bozo bashing, because most of what he is doing is out of love and respect for the club that gave him his future. He is not a dinosaur at all, but a very astute man period.
My last paragraph is probably the most pivotal to this post. There is no doubt that DCE was on the outer with the core players at Manly some 2 years ago....WHY??? Because he was not fitting in to their culture. With recent events, ask yourself truly, what WAS the culture amongst the players and was it indeed a culture that would be positive to pass on to the next generation.
It seems very plausible that although this squad was a fantastic unit of footballers on the park, the integrity and moral fibre of some must be deeply questioned. They started behaving like rock stars and "bad boys", involving themselves with questionable friends etc. Don't try and defend it, I witnessed these guys on many occasions parading themselves around as such.

The club has identified this, and decided to build the club around him. I say BRAVO. But with contracts etc, you cannot wave a magical wand.

Please don't start arguing some of my points, because it is just an opinion based on my own dealings with the club. I may be askew in some areas, but my core belief is that a group of players began dragging the club away from it's high integrity and respectful history.
Time will tell, but we should try our best to lend our patriotic support. We can bash them when they play bad, but let's keep things honorable please.
I seen REAL fight in DCE's eyes last night, he has finally turned the corner, and I suspect will be the MAN to lead us forward. He has been through so much (sure some of his own doing) but it is time to unify and build this great club back into a formidable force. One that we can all be proud of.

Heartfelt thoughts mate, cant deny your passion

Yes Mark. No team in AFL or NRL can just roll forever given the rules. Just have to roll with the punches and enjoy the ride. One of the enjoyable parts of a rebuild is watching the Turbos and co of this world develop.Different type of excitement but keeps the juices flowing.

There are plenty of clubs over the last decade that have stayed relevant without bottoming out. Storm, Geelong, Swans and Hawks have been up there competing for a decade. They have't had to hit rock-bottom at all. It is the administration that matters. Stewart, Lyon and Matai should have been moved on in 2014 as the signs were there and there was an opportunity for the club. The club dropped the ball on that one. And look at the **** the Stewarts, Watmoughs, Matais and Forans have put the club through since. Dragged through the friggin mud, with Toovey paying the price for a group of bloody primadonnas.

And I'll say this again, I watched Lewis Brown the last four games he played for Penrith and knew he would be garbage. What the hell were they thinking bringing him to Manly???
Sad sad sad.
NYEagle

I heard that he had some photos of the spiky-haired one???

There are plenty of clubs over the last decade that have stayed relevant without bottoming out. Storm, Geelong, Swans and Hawks have been up there competing for a decade. They have't had to hit rock-bottom at all. It is the administration that matters. Stewart, Lyon and Matai should have been moved on in 2014 as the signs were there and there was an opportunity for the club. The club dropped the ball on that one. And look at the **** the Stewarts, Watmoughs, Matais and Forans have put the club through since. Dragged through the friggin mud, with Toovey paying the price for a group of bloody primadonnas.
What you say is correct, in hindsight. But we fans would have been irate if the club had sacked those much-loved players two seasons ago.
I think being a club decision maker is like being in Government - everybody has a better idea and it's easy when you are in Opposition to raise a fuss, only to learn when they are in Government that it isn't easy at all when those decisions actually mean something.

My last words on this are probably the most pivotal to this post. There is no doubt that DCE was on the outer with the core players at Manly some 2 years ago....WHY??? Because he was not fitting in to their culture. With recent events, ask yourself truly, what WAS the culture amongst the players and was it indeed a culture that would be positive to pass on to the next generation.

Well said :clap:

We all want Manly to shine, so I now declare the start of our Platinum Era :rock:

We'll never find these players anymore sheridanstand.Unfortunately it's all about money now.Lets start by bringing in an experience coach who can guide these current crop of players by going back to basics on the park.

Sorry, PSE...

It's all about recruitment...
Love or hate Crusher, he done good in recruitment!
I imagine that Scotty has put recruitment on a back burner becasue it does not show an immediate ROI...

(oooops - it IS all about money - sorry!)

I thought the era had ended when Gift left, because at that stage I knew that some of our senior players were getting older as well.

We started going down hill in 2014 and just limped into the finals that year. So I question our recruitment and planning from the end of 2014. In my mind we are already in year 2 of the rebuild and it is not really quite good enough.

Do we have the mix of players needed for the game as it is.

Chez, Jake, Tom, Parcell, Buhrer, Kapow, Liam Knight are our future and we need to look after them.

So to support them do we need some strong Polynesian type players to fight the forward battle and some strong wingers?? I can see we have gaps in certain areas, it is so obvious, surely our club can see this.

Anyway yes the golden era is over it has been since the end of 2014. But I would have expected that we had been a bit smarter in our roster and recruitment to make sure another golden era started in 2015. But too much time was obviously spent on media spin and white anting a club legend.

It has been very poor management and planning by the owner full stop.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6