EPL Thread 2009/2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
United win 3-2 at the san siro! amazing scrappy, counter attacking football!. Milan all the early possession, United with all the luck and patience.

Rooney scores twice within 7 minutes to give the visitors a 3-1 lead before some brilliance from Ronaldinho (who was awesome i might add) and Seerdorf gave us the final score.

3 massive away goals means that Milan with probably have to win by 2 goals in the return leg.

a heart breaker for me

Was on a plane then taxi so had to get text messages of the scores....knew the final result was not good by the avalanche of messages at the end...

Milan V Manu

I live for euro mornings watching Milan

The worst part is i am traveling for the return leg!

4:45am starts :D gotta love them, finish the game just in time to shower and go to work... Gotta love Europe football

Good round this weekend. Everton, who knocked off Chelsea last start, come up against Man Utd. Arsenal face Sunderland who have been a sort of bogey team but who have been doing little against the cellar-dwellers. Hammers face Hull and could get them copping another nose-bleed if they get it together. :)

I guess THE crunch game will be Liverpool against City. The winner will feel good claimimg 4th spot. And go Wigan against the Totties.

Listening to a podcast who made a good point

Considering how ordinary their squad is (bar Rooney) it is an amazing achievement for Manu to be where they are

Firstly, Zep or now Na+e, will have your dangly bits for using Manu. Don't ask me, ask him.... 'tis a sensitive issue I still haven't understood.

I disagree - the Red Devils do not have an ordinary squad. Fergie must be selling fleece sunglasses to that poddie. Rooney is outstanding but there are plenty of terrific players most clubs would be happy to have, and that includes all the players filling in for injuries.

They are a good team but an old one - not too sure about them having outstanding youngsters....

Take Nani - one good game against a crocked Cichy for arse. He could not even do the business against Milan...they carved us when Valencia came on

As for the Manu i love baiting them with that....

This is my honest opinion of the Man Utd Squad (key players).

V D Sar - Solid Goal keeper who doesn't make many mistakes.
Evra - One of the hardest working players in the game, and the distance he travels proves this. Not a stand out but is good for the big game.

Vidic + Ferdinand together - good back two. They are missing that synchonisity that made there early days together awesome.

Carrick - Best holding mid fielder in England. Always seems to have time on the ball and should be partnering Gerrard in center midfield for england.

Valencia - and i thought Ronaldo was fast on the ball, this guy is the fastest player i have seen. He creates chance after chance. He is not ronaldo though, he won't score as many goals or worry the opposition as much but he has filled the void nicely!

and Rooney - I always said i would pick Rooney over Ronaldo, just for the hard work he puts in. He craves the ball and you can see it sickens him to let his team down. The fact that he can put one in the back of net too is sugar and cream. The only down point is his proned to miss the easy goal.

The current squad, has talent, has a good work ethic on the field but doesn't have that X-Factor that a Ronaldo or Van Nistelrooy could provide. In saying that though Scholes, Carrick and Valencia have a nice habit of scoring goals at the right time.

You look at the youngsters Isz and you see they are replacements,
Anderson for Scholes, Nani for Gigs, Rafael for Neville etc. Whether they are as good as the old crop, we will have to wait and see.

Hammers have soared to 13th with a big win and face Man Utd (crushed losers against Everton) in a few days. Chelsea clear by 4 to Man Utd plus another 2 to the Gunners (who beat Sunderland). City and 'Pool played a draw and now with Coldspur and Villa are grouped another 9/10 points behind Arsenal. City face Chelsea this coming weekend.

Europa league here we come.......

Shows how tight things are down at the bottom!

We will get spanked by Manu....interesting weeks for the big boys

I watched that Man Utd game. ****ing ****e if you ask me. Great game, but i could have strangled berbatov a few times, he was playing well but just tried too make flick passes.

Interesting times in the EPL

Have the gunners hit their peak at the right time?

Are my hammers going down?

It is best to hit there peak when the season is on than rather when it is finished. Also, Arsenal have a lot easier draw for the last 9 games, i believe United play Chelski and City, and Chelsea obviously play Man Utd and Liverpool i believe.

Gunners do have an easier draw, but imo missed their major chance in the two big games in Feb. Still, we have a shot. Hammers to stay up!

Man Utd also have Liverpool. Should be some great matches. Arsenal definitely have the easier run on paper but will they go the distance? Utd have the experience but it all revolves around Rooney at the moment.

Man Utd
Sun. 14  13:30 UK  Manchester United  v  Fulham Old Trafford
Sun. 21  13:30 UK  Manchester United  v  Liverpool Old Trafford
Sat. 27  17:30 UK  Bolton Wanderers  v  Manchester United Reebok Stadium
Sat. 3  12:45 UK  Manchester United  v  Chelsea Old Trafford
Sun. 11  13:30 UK  Blackburn Rovers  v  Manchester United Ewood Park
Sat. 17  12:45 UK  Manchester City  v  Manchester United City of Manchester Stadium
Sun. 25  14:00 UK  Manchester United  v  Tottenham Hotspur Old Trafford
Sat. 1  15:00 UK  Sunderland  v  Manchester United Stadium of Light
Sun. 9  15:00 UK  Manchester United  v  Stoke City Old Trafford

Chelski
Sat. 13  15:00 UK  Chelsea  v  West Ham United Stamford Bridge
Sun. 21  16:00 UK  Blackburn Rovers  v  Chelsea Ewood Park
Wed. 24  19:45 UK  Portsmouth  v  Chelsea Fratton Park
Sat. 27  15:00 UK  Chelsea  v  Aston Villa Stamford Bridge
Sat. 3  12:45 UK  Manchester United  v  Chelsea Old Trafford
Mon. 12  Postp  Chelsea P - P Bolton Wanderers Stamford Bridge
Sat. 17  17:30 UK  Tottenham Hotspur  v  Chelsea White Hart Lane
Sun. 25  16:15 UK  Chelsea  v  Stoke City Stamford Bridge
Sat. 1  15:00 UK  Liverpool  v  Chelsea Anfield
Sun. 9  15:00 UK  Chelsea  v  Wigan Athletic Stamford Bridge

Gooners
Sat. 13  17:30 UK  Hull City  v  Arsenal Kingston Communications Stadium
Sat. 20  17:30 UK  Arsenal  v  West Ham United Emirates Stadium
Sat. 27  15:00 UK  Birmingham  v  Arsenal St Andrews Stadium
Sat. 3  15:00 UK  Arsenal  v  Wolverhampton Wanderers Emirates Stadium
Sat. 10  12:45 UK  Tottenham Hotspur  v  Arsenal White Hart Lane
Sun. 18  13:30 UK  Wigan Athletic  v  Arsenal DW Stadium
Sat. 24  17:30 UK  Arsenal  v  Manchester City Emirates Stadium
Sat. 1  15:00 UK  Blackburn Rovers  v  Arsenal Ewood Park
Sun. 9  15:00 UK  Arsenal  v  Fulham Emirates Stadium

Anythings possible mate. There might even be a champs league qtr final midweek before the Man Utd v Chelsea match which Bolton and Villa could capitalise on.

Bradza link said:
Man Utd also have Liverpool.

sif that is a big game anymore, liverpool are what 10th or something? perenial losers in the last 2 decades.

BTW 4-0 to Utd this morning, Roons with another 2, if you an england supporter you are liking this form in a WC year.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8