EPL Thread 2009/2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crushing win over the Italians this morning. With Real Madrid going out at the Rd 16 stage again poor old Ronaldo will just have to watch from his lounge room.

The pathetic scousers may be useless but you can be sure they’ll be just like the bloody Qld Reds with the Waratahs and call the season a success if they can prevent Man Utd from winning. Geez I hope Villa or Spurs pick up 4th spot.

Nate said:
“Vidic + Ferdinand together - good back two. They are missing that synchonisity that made there early days together awesome.”
These two are the biggest let downs of the season for me. They’ve been formidable the last two seasons but injury and attitude had let them down so far.

“Carrick - Best holding mid fielder in England. Always seems to have time on the ball and should be partnering Gerrard in center midfield for england.”
I think Carrick’s been a bit of a phantom this season just when we needed him to step up. He pops up for a goal here and there but needs to do more.

“Valencia - and i thought Ronaldo was fast on the ball, this guy is the fastest player i have seen. He creates chance after chance. He is not ronaldo though, he won't score as many goals or worry the opposition as much but he has filled the void nicely!”
Totally agree with you. His assists tally is mounting and he draws attention which opens space for others – massive potential.

As far as Rooney goes, there’s nothing more satisfying than watching a talented player that also loves working for the team. As of this morning he’s up to 30 goals and Ronaldo’s 42 tally is in his sights.

As much as I love ‘em, Scholes and Giggsy are looking their age now. I reckon Giggs and Beaver are so much a like – talented, professional, loyal, long lasting & good blokes!

Bradza, Ferd + Vidic have had injuries + suspension going against them. Hopefully they will have there form back for the CL final  ;) ;) ;)

As for the QLD Reds, they might win the Super 14 this year, been the most consistent performing team imo while missing there captain. Ewen McKenzie can coach no doubt about that.

Back to the Premiership this weekend, big three should all win - if any of them lose points they are praying on other results.

Chelski drop points sees them 4 points behind the leaders United!! who won 2-1 against liverpool. Torres gave them the early lead before United's Rooney and Back scored basic goals to give us the final score.

United have two big games left City + Chelski. Arsenal have Tottenham and maybe City if city can find that intensity normally reserved for United.

Carlton Cole couldn't get any closer Isz, it was a real shame. Would have given Man Utd plenty of breathing space.

The chelsea v man utd game coming up could give arsenal the title. Though i am going to say that Tottenham will cause an upset.

lsz link said:
Rooney gone for a month..........
Bad luck for Man Utd. I fancy Chelsea this weekend, they seem to have the ball on a string at the moment.

Champions League is ugly too. A loss for Fergie's lot and a draw for the Gunners. I don't like our chances of getting two back at Barca.

I thought the gunners were very very lucky - Barca could have gotten 5 in the first half

The two Arse goals were a keeper error and a dodgy penalty (they could have gotten one...to be fair)

Also no cesc!

The stats said it all Isz. 22 shots by Barca to 8, and 62% possession. All over us. Bendtner as main striker - please! Come back van Persie. The Gunners are hanging in at third in the EPL but they are not firing like an Arsenal fan would like.

Good luck at Everton. They have suddenly found good form so it will be tough.

Also gallas is out for the year!

I heard it was a stress fracture of the shin- just after he took the penalty...silly thing is he played on for 6 minutes

Says something for people who complain football is a sift game...

Amazing - Messi is so far in front of the rest it's not funny. I didn't know he was only 22.
Up early tomorrow to see if Man Utd can squeeze through without Rooney.

lsz link said:
Also gallas is out for the year!

I heard it was a stress fracture of the shin- just after he took the penalty...silly thing is he played on for 6 minutes

Says something for people who complain football is a sift game...

Stress fractures arent like breaks or normal fractures.

Football is a soft game.

yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn football being a soft game.....

As for Manu their season could be almost over within a week!

Name one other sport where someone is stretchered from the field, only to return 10 minutes later.

In sports I play, if you go off on a stretcher, the next stop is hospital.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8