EPL Thread 2009/2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The stretcher rule is a directive from FIFA to try and reduce the amount of play acting.

If a player goes down injured then they are taken off on a stretcher regardless – the idea being that the player is punished for faking (or taken off safely) as they can only came back in when the ball is out of play...and therefore down to 10 players

I know in terms of a physical contest it is not the same as league, union and AFL however footy at the top level is a highly physical game. I was lucky to play a decent level in Australia during which I had my nose broken 6 times, a number of stitches not forgetting three major knee operations....

So it looks like it is Chelski's to lose!

Although the way the season has gone so far who knows

Out of 12 points Isz they have to drop 4-5, i doubt it is going to happen.

It is chelskis, give them the trophy, and laugh that Liverpool yet again didn't win with the added bonus on them not making the CL.

Not nice Nate!!

3 things need to happen at Liverpool and the first needs to happen before the second and third are possible IMO.

Sell to the Arabs.
Piss Rafa off and bring Mourhino in.
Keep Torres (Without Mourhino this might not be possible)

We should all focus on the battle for relegation...and my hammers....

NOt sure if Jose would go to liverpool - we would need a lot of $ to reform their team.....

Also is it just me or is everyone else sad that to succeed most clubs feel the need to buy the trophy...even if it is happening for a long time!

EPL is not a level playing field and at the start of every season there is only three or four teams that can win - and that is because of the chequebook. When was the last fairytale story???

Canteen Worker link said:
EPL is not a level playing field and at the start of every season there is only three or four teams that can win - and that is because of the chequebook. When was the last fairytale story???
Pompey winning the FA Cup a few seasons ago.

well with 3 games left for each team, chelski have only a 1 point lead.
scholesy with a goal in final 20secs? fergie time once again.

And look at what happened to pompey......even when a club gets near the big 4 they generally end up worse for wear

it will be the top 6 soon...

Man City will join them in a title race within 3 years.
Tottenham will take there place eventually, as they a one of the most financially secure.

In some ways it is better than spain, top 2. Italy have a top 4.

From what I hear Man U and Chelski are vulnerable without their owners.  Liverpool up for sale.  Arsenal swallowed a few bitter pills over the last decade but are now reaping the dividends.

Lowy interested in buying Leeds and Crystal Palace??

Lowy likes Leeds as they get huge crowds and make good money, despite their lowly status in League One. They have a loyal and stable fanbase and are considered value for money.

I think the arse are best placed - they have spent their money well with the stadium etc

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6