'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There is talk of Brad Fittler being offered the job now.
Would suit Gus as he would have control.

If it happens it would be a disaster, Freddy is similar to Trent and wants to be everyones mate while enjoying a beer.

At least Freddy has experience in coaching first grade teams to the spoon

13py6c5BSnBkic.gif

Twent gets the win I reckon, cashing out like that. FMD $500k

Anyone else wish the Headline read, "F*** me! Barrett Bitch-Slapped by Bulldogs"?

And will he get another gardening leave payout?
Sounds like he got a generous payment in return for getting away from the place and agreeing not to return.

From memory his contract at Manly for some reason stipulated the parties could get out with 12 months notice. Barett gave notice which meant for 12 months he'd be coaching the side even though he was leaving, and the notice period was to expire half way through the next year. Which was ludicrous any way you looked at it.

Untenable for him to remain caoch, hence fully paid gardening leave for an extended period until they eventually reached some sort of settlement. Signing that deal in the begining was gross incompetence by the Manly club. Barret of course must have wanted the clause because he knew he was a quitter, which he has now doubled down on at the Dogs.

Sorry saga all round. At least he still has his looks... and plenty of money.

I feel for my friends that support the Doggies. I have always had a soft-spot for them.

They were hoodwinked into this appointment and Barrett is a fraud. I dont even blame Gus, I reckon he really thought Trent could coach. But after assembling a decent squad and everyone going backwards not even Gus could deny the truth.

I hope they go better with Flanno. He has done his time in my mind and will be a decent coach for them.

I thought he would be a certainty but you make a great point... so I doubt Flanagan would take the job on reflection.
From the Kennel, so take it with a grain of salt. But they were pictured at an Albion Park coffee shop last week.
"Gus & Flanno are not only good mates, they regularly catch up for coffee…. Weekly".
You gotta larf at some of the comments in the Kennel. Following the comment above was a reply of, "why do they always meet in coffee shops? Why not somewhere discreet like any self respecting drug dealer".

The teflon has been applied to Gus.

www.smh.com.au

‘I certainly wasn’t going to sack him’: Gould explains abrupt Barrett exit

Phil Gould has spoken about Trent Barrett’s decision to quit, and why he was not fibbing when he declared his job safe just two weeks ago.

Phil Gould has revealed how Trent Barrett “poured his heart out” during a “raw” phone conversation on Sunday night before he resigned as Canterbury coach.

The Bulldogs football manager hopes to have an interim - and internally appointed - coach by Wednesday, and described how the club felt like they had failed Barrett because of his decision to quit.

Speculation went into overdrive over the weekend about Barrett’s future after Friday night’s loss to Newcastle.

Gould had most Dogs fans assuming Barrett was safe after he declared on 100% Footy a fortnight ago: “Trent Barrett will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after I’m gone – long after I’m gone – and he’ll be the long-term coach of the club”.

When asked by the Herald on Monday what had changed in that short time, Gould, who stopped at the gates of Belmore to address the giant media pack, said: “It was Trent’s decision. I certainly wasn’t going to sack him. It’s sad it’s come to this.

“I think the performances and pressure, he got the feeling he didn’t have the solutions for what was going wrong.

“That’s how he felt at the time. He made the decision on Sunday night. It was a rollercoaster through Saturday and Sunday. Late last night after I had finished the commentary on Nine, we had a long discussion, it was a very difficult discussion, it was pretty raw, he poured his heart out a bit, and he put his heart into this job.

“It’s sad the way it has ended. Hopefully he finds a bit of respite now and a bit of peace.

“He wanted to end the speculation and any pressure on the board to make a decision, so he took it upon himself [to resign].”

Barrett was cut loose by Manly and now lasted just 18 months int a three-year deal at Canterbury, but Gould said fans had not seen the last of Barrett as a head coach.

Barrett attended a funeral on Monday and was not at Belmore, while several players struck down by flu learned of the news via text message.

“He’s as good a young coach I’ve seen coming through the system, he’s just been in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Gould said.

“He’s taken on big jobs because he backs himself and he’s very confident in his own ability. He works extremely hard - he’s the most hard-working young coach I’ve seen.

“He put his heart and soul into it, he gave his best, but he said, ‘I can’t see a way clear now, and I don’t want the club to suffer’, so he made the decision himself.”

Cameron Cirlado was mooted as a possible replacement, but sources with knowledge of his situation told the Herald the 37-year-old was no chance of leaving Penrith in the middle of this season.

Like Craig Fitzgibbon who refused to cut and run on the Roosters mid-season after taking Cronulla’s top job last year, Ciraldo wants to finish what he started at the premiers and win back-to-back titles.

He also remains good friends with Barrett and any chance to succeed him so soon has zero appeal for the Panthers assistant.

Canterbury won just five out of their 34 games with Barrett in charge. He did well to recruit decent players like Matt Burton, Tevita Pangai jnr and Josh Addo-Carr, but there have been little on-field improvements.

Paul Vaughan, who is unwanted by the Dogs at season’s end - and has no interest from rival NRL clubs - made a point of bagging the media as he drove out of Belmore early.

Canterbury must regroup before Friday’s clash against the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval. Tigers pin-up Jackson Hastings was keen to play against Barrett after he pulled the trigger on him at Manly and forced him to pick up his career on the other side of the world in the Super League.

Pressed on his interest in Ciraldo, Gould said those discussions would take place in good time, and the board did not think they would be put into this position so soon.

“We never thought we’d be in this position today ... there is a lot of shock and a lot of sadness,” Gould said.

The club released a statement earlier on Monday to say it would “sincerely like to thank Trent for all of his hard work and effort over the past 18 months in what has been a very difficult time for the club”.

The Bulldogs were the second club Barrett had taken charge of at NRL level, having previously walked out on Manly with a year to run on his contract after taking them to the finals once in three seasons.

Canterbury sacked coach Dean Pay in the final months of the 2020 season and moved quickly on Barrett, who had been instrumental in Penrith’s grand final run that year as an assistant to Ivan Cleary.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8