'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's be honest.. he overachieved just by being hired as a head coach twice!
Couldn’t agree more. He was luckiest wannabe coach ever.
Doggies will be basket cases for some time to come. I suspect Gould will go with a experienced coach and not risk someone new.
Gould will be under a lot of pressure to get things right.

Last edited:
I am both happy and sad

Happy that Baz has got the treatment he deserved after the games he tried to play at our club (and for Gould nad his coaching judgment) but unhappy as it might mean the dogs might not be a comedy club soon
My feelings as well. Overall it will likely mean the bulldogs will be a stronger team going forward.

With this debacle about to end I'm about ready to move on from the Bulldogs/Des/Greenberg/T-Rex time and the Barret/Lawnchair era.

They have all got what then deserve and I've had my laugh.

Barrett I reckon will end up at Penrith as an assistant coach after Ciraldo gets a gig and will have a fine career as an assistant. Head coach is not his go.

Dogs will get someone new in and slowly start to build. Not saying Ill ever be cheering them but I'll probably move from death riding to indifference.
Barrett has been told he is not welcome at penrith after he took Burton, TPJ and Naden with him to the dogs

Yeah there you go, Trent simply not strong enough to be a nrl coach.
He brought some okay attack to us when coaching but a complete failure otherwise.

Barrett has been told he is not welcome at penrith after he took Burton, TPJ and Naden with him to the dogs

He wasn't smart enough not to burn bridges.
He will find it very hard to find a assistant job anywhere now, twice he has shat on where he left.

Haha .. still ahead of us in the comp ...

Already bought two of the best recruits for next year in Burton and JAC ... with more money to spend ...

They get Thompson, Josh Jackson and Watene-Zelezniak back this week .. with Crighton and Joyden Okunbor still out injured ..

All in all I would think things are looking better for them over over the next few years ..

Poor Kevvie the flea and his untrained yap dog Batty are obsessed with Barrett and taking cheap shots at me ... can't blame them ... keeps their minds off their own Champion Dessie and their wild predictions of Universal success ...
Hey @Woodsie, hope you're well. There is no denying many players loved Barrett. I think he will go on to make a fine assistant.

TPJ was already dog bound when he signed a short term deal with Penith no?

And doubt they cared about Nadan.

But yes forgot about the Burton malarkey.

Ah well I'm sure he'll pop up as an assistant somewhere

They reckon Gould was behind this and got him to resign so it wouldnt look like he sacked. They Gould has more power at the Dogs than their board do
Whilst we all know when a coach says he “quit” it normally means he was sacked but they’re just saving face,but in Barrett’s case,why would you say he quit when that was what he said when he left Manly?Not a good look for future employment,even if he’s only destined for assistant roles anyway

Shane Flanagan will get the gig

But it’s a poison chalice
Dunno, if Flanagan came in I can see him righting the ship (to an extent fairly quickly).

With Addo Carr, Schoupp, Burton, Thompson, Kikau, TPJ, Jackson and Mahony they will have the framework of a decent squad next year. They need to sort out fullback and halfback though.....or at least one of those positions.

I could see a good coach avoiding the spoon this year and giving the 8 crack (though probably missing) next year

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8