Fainu Bros sign with Tigers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
500k each, if that is true, wow, and good luck to them

Anasta making it fairly clear he hasn’t seen anything yet that screams superstar at him, and the money they are on at that age is superstar money

Will be an interesting watch over the next few years
$500k each

Well now we know why they weren’t signed by Manly.

Well done to them and their family for the outcome

Can not believe that Latu has now had another contract increase based on potential only.

Their manager has ensured their future over the next 4 years. It remains to be seen if that is where it will end for the pair

Exactly why they're with Tartak I guess! Bit if a magician I'd say.

Sadly mate the game has changed.

I’m with you 100% BUT realistically who do we have today that are really rusted on

Turbo / Jurbo / Burbo

Cherry ( despite not being a local )

Park’s

Maybe Croker/ Keppie

The rest , just journeymen.

And the younger generation , all self entitled , no loyalty , all wanting bigger and better and more and more money ( driven no doubt by their dick agents ).

Our reserve grade isn’t even a Manly side!

Most of the youngsters will go to other clubs , just like we will steal others of theirs.

It’s just the way it is.

I’m less invested than ever before , but doesn’t mean I’m not still a fan.

I think you can still enjoy games ( especially when we win ) without getting emotionally attached , that’s my view anyway.
Rueben is another manly man and up there with who you mentioned

Honestly , that’s a ****load of money purely based on “ potential “.

As we’ve seen ( Schuster & possibly Burbo ) form in the lower grades doesn’t necessarily transpose to first grade.

Good luck to them , that’s seriously good coin for completely ( or almost ) untried players.

May end up being a Tigers masterstroke.

Could end up being more Tiger tears.

Rueben is another manly man and up there with who you mentioned
Ah yes sorry , I forgot Sandwich, yes agree 110% he’s certainly a die hard.

But you ( I hope ) still get my point , there’s not that many.

And if you look at each club there’s less and less local juniors at all of them , some clubs have zero.

So my point to @The Who was the days of watching all the grades , and of the players developing up through those grades to eventually succeed in the big league, is really a thing of the past, and therefore no need to feel “ disassociated “ when you aren’t watching a bunch of locals run around.

Exactly why they're with Tartak I guess! Bit if a magician I'd say.
And surely Fulton is on a percentage… $500K each is absolutely ridiculous dollars for a fringe first grader and a kid that plays well in juniors…

May suck in a couple of years but would suck more if we were throwing that sort of money at them now… I am still filthy that we were reportedly paying Latu $350K to play kids footy… just dumb…

Fox Sports story on this just uploaded on Facebook with a heap of talking heads saying it’s a desperate / dumb move , 4 million on two as yet untried kids.

As I say good luck to them it’s huge money for “ potential “ only.

And don't get me started on the time and money and angst the club poured into that family. And if they don't see that and don't think it's worth more than a constant push for an upgraded contract, c'est la vie says this old folk.
That's what irks me the most! The club moved all the family to the northern beaches to supposedly get the boys away from the bad crowd and trouble, supported Manase through his shoulder surgeries and his court cases, supported the brothers through the junior grades and generally spent much money and effort on the family to now be repaid with the brothers departing. Farewell Fainu's, enough is enough.

That's what irks me the most! The club moved all the family to the northern beaches to supposedly get the boys away from the bad crowd and trouble, supported Manase through his shoulder surgeries and his court cases, supported the brothers through the junior grades and generally spent much money and effort on the family to now be repaid with the brothers departing. Farewell Fainu's, enough is enough.
Guac was doing the Guildford “61” gang sign and miming handcuffs as an act of support for Manase…

You can take the boys out of Guildford but…

And surely Fulton is on a percentage… $500K each is absolutely ridiculous dollars for a fringe first grader and a kid that plays well in juniors…

May suck in a couple of years but would suck more if we were throwing that sort of money at them now… I am still filthy that we were reportedly paying Latu $350K to play kids footy… just dumb…
To be fair Samuela should be picked every week in our seventeen.

Club did a lot to support the boys, and they didn't do much to their behaviour in reply. Might be a good outcome longer-term.

Hindsight:
The behaviour of Manase in even simply being in the position he was - whilst injured - was not behaviour where the thought 'Maybe this isn't a good thing for me to do for my Job/career' crossed his mind. Based on the stabbing conviction, it shows a complete lack of any consideration to club/career period. It was all about 'being the hard-c*nt' and not messing with the boys. Admirable in a twisted way if applied to team-mates. Minus the knife....

The club suffered with Manase in mandatory stand-down. Paying his wage, assisting his legal defence, eating club cap-space and ruling us out of pursuing another hooker - choosing to convert a dedicated journeyman instead. Most importantly we let Api go with this guy as the future we were willing to invest in, and this was the response.

And despite the club (even superficially) sticking with Manase all through this, they put their club image on the line. It surely shows a commitment to clan Fainu.

But here we are, boys chasing the money - as is their right. But jeez, there is no loyalty in this business is there.

Credit to Tartak for getting a favourable deal with a basket-case club that may work out well for clan Fainu - or maybe it won't. He doesnt care - his percentage is based on $$ and the more they get, the more he takes.

We miscalculated in investing in clan Fainu, thinking we could turn their family loyalty into club loyalty. Even with acts of supreme support and (arguably) sacrifice. Had we kept Api instead of letting him go to put our stick in Manase, how would our results have changed over those years?

Hindsight: Wonderful thing isn't it.

Last edited:
To be fair Samuela should be picked every week in our seventeen.
Probably fair call but only cause our forward standard is bog average… he looks a decent player but he has not screamed “lock him down at all costs” to me…

Regardless, I am happier for Tigpies to pay him $500K than us taking that out of our salary cap…

yes we could have kept them for another year as they were contracted but Latu was on too much already and who knows the machinations behind the scenes?

Well I guess it’s done. It just feels like we have compounded the issue by losing promising players for middling players like brookes and talau.

I don’t think it will ever prove to be the right decision. But the extent of how bad it is won’t be fully known for sometime.

I just can’t see a method for the madness.

Well I guess it’s done. It just feels like we have compounded the issue by losing promising players for middling players like brookes and talau.

I don’t think it will ever prove to be the right decision. But the extent of how bad it is won’t be fully known for sometime.

I just can’t see a method for the madness.
I feel the method to the madness is all about getting the quickest results for the coach.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8