Female Ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo said:
Napper said:
Brookie said:
is she the hot one?
isn't the badge punching way above his weight?

That's her. they were on the footy show together i couldnt beleive they were together. Badger's a winner.
Maybe old badger really knows how to use his whistle.

Maybe old badger doesn't have a whistle but a trombone.

They certainly want to keep abreast of this stuff

MissKate said:
OneEyedEagle said:
Don't forget that she could also wash the players jersey, hang them up to dry and iron them before next game day.

You obviously don't get too involved in the laundry duties at your place do you. Us girls know not to waste time ironing a non-ironable jersey (roll eyes)

Very cute misskate, and your right, I don't get involved at all :angel: Darn I don't even take the garbage out :D :cool:

But in all seriousness I really hope she has a good game out there, best of luck to her.

bones said:
Some of the male referees have copped some fairly strong (accidental) collisions with players over the years. I think it was Gavin Badger copped a knee from Dave Taylor in the back of the head as he fell in front of him at Suncorp a few years back. I would hate to see this happen to a lady.
Well I have done plenty of hands-on research on this topic and can inform you that women are constructed of flesh and blood, muscle and bone pretty much like (what you would consider) normal people. So what's the diff?

I take it your protective attitude to 'ladies' means you also oppose having women in the army, or the police force, or actually playing the game?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
Some of the male referees have copped some fairly strong (accidental) collisions with players over the years. I think it was Gavin Badger copped a knee from Dave Taylor in the back of the head as he fell in front of him at Suncorp a few years back. I would hate to see this happen to a lady.
Well I have done plenty of hands-on research on this topic and can inform you that women are constructed of flesh and blood, muscle and bone pretty much like (what you would consider) normal people. So what's the diff?

I take it your protective attitude to 'ladies' means you also oppose having women in the army, or the police force, or actually playing the game?

If there is no difference, then why are womens and mens sports separate? Why do we not have women playing NRL?
If there is no difference, why is Robert Lui suspended for a year? Do you think he would be suspended for a year if he hit his brother?
At no stage did I say she shouldn't be refereeing. I just said I would hate to see a collision with a Dave Taylor type body happen. If you would like to see it then that's your right.
Men and women are equal but different. They are equal, in the sense that men and women have a right to equal opportunity and protection under the law. The fact that people in this country are assured these rights does not negate the fact that men and women are at least as different psychologically as they are physically.
Good luck with that hands on research..... More commonly known as wanking.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:

So how much did you Pay for that hands on research and did you do the half hour or did you get the fully inclusive one hour service ..... Golden Apple style.

Jatz the point is the 1970's talk on here could, and that is the important word, could be interpreted as just as damaging as a physical assault on a woman

I know i am in the PC minority blah blah I just find it somewhat bizarre that people are calling for tougher punishments for a guy who bash's his wife but are more than happy to make some pretty poor sexist "jokes"

The connection between ideas and action eludes some of our posters. Women are, as Fatty eloquently put it in his little monolgue about the Lui ban, 'special'.

It seems some posters share Fatty's view.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The connection between ideas and action eludes some of our posters. Women are, as Fatty eloquently put it in his little monolgue about the Lui ban, 'special'.

It seems some posters share Fatty's view.
Mate besides being a wanker you take things too seriously.

Women are playing a bigger and bigger role in our game and that's a great thing. They work for our clubs the report the game and now their refereeing at fairly high level I think it's a great thing and adds to the creditability of the women in league round.

There's nothing wrong with being over protective of women they are our wives, sisters and mothers.

As for Fattys comments on the footy show they were awkward but all he was trying to do in his own dinosaur way was condem domestic violence and condone the Nrls stance against Lui. I'm not going to fry a bloke for that.

lsz said:
Jatz the point is the 1970's talk on here could, and that is the important word, could be interpreted as just as damaging as a physical assault on a woman

I know i am in the PC minority blah blah I just find it somewhat bizarre that people are calling for tougher punishments for a guy who bash's his wife but are more than happy to make some pretty poor sexist "jokes"

You're geeing us up right?

A bit of light hearted banter could, I used your precious word, be as damaging as physically bashing a woman?

Fmd.

Cambo SER8 is not being a wanker at all. He is stating his opinion, and whilst I have made some sexist jokes within this thread, I still tend to agree with him

Daniel said:
Cambo SER8 is not being a wanker at all. He is stating his opinion, and whilst I have made some sexist jokes within this thread, I still tend to agree with him

Did u read my whole post or just the first line Dan.

I read the whole thing, the point I responded to was the first line. It's sad to see that people are "wankers" because the have an opinion that differs from yours

Volley the impact of spoken words can be as damaging as physical violence.

I really do love the "banter" defence. The reason i said "could" is that as a male, whilst i find it sexist and in no way funny, it does not have an impact on me. This could have an impact on females

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7