Female Ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
I read the whole thing, the point I responded to was the first line. It's sad to see that people are "wankers" because the have an opinion that differs from yours

I stand the comment surely people can have a joke without it taken literally, you yourself Dan said you participated in sexist jokes but would anyone say your sexist??? No a joke is exactley that a Joke.

He takes things way too seriously, like anyone one on here would condone a coach of another a club being assisanted yet that's how he wants to interperate my tongue in cheek joke about cutting Dessie's head of when he shaves his head.

There needs to 0 tolerance to genuine racism and sexism but we are precious if we can't laugh at ourselves with light hearted jokes.

Look at Sacha Baron Cohen the man is a devout jewish person yet look at the Jewish jokes in his film Borat.

lsz said:
Cambo how is this thread not genuine sexism?

Because people are joking for godsake. It's banter of a footy forum.

I don't think one person on here has says she shouldnt be refereeing because its a mans game.

I think we need to get a grip seriously.

Cambo one persons joke is an insult to another

If i had a daughter would i be happy her reading

Will they have a kitchen on the sidelines for her?
She will be able to mop out the change rooms at the end of day and give the toilets a clean.
Don't forget that she could also wash the players jersey, hang them up to dry and iron them before next game day.

And really who cares if she is "good sort" or not

Now there are some comments (re multi task etc) which, for me, are not sexist...but to put it down to banter and therefore acceptable is a bit much for me (again i know that i am very much in the minority here)

The best thing about this country is the fact that we have freedom of choice.

If you don't like the thread then fark off and read another one.

Well freedom of choice only applies to some things.

i.e. you can choose to do the right thing, or the wrong thing.

You however can not really choose not to vote, lest you want a fine. This country does not run under true democracy and likely never will, the parties depend too much on the uninformed forced vote

Out of all of the poor things said in this thread you've brought it right down to a new low by introducing politics, Daniel!! lol

Stevo said:
Out of all of the poor things said in this thread you've brought it right down to a new low by introducing politics, Daniel!! lol

its a hot topic with local council elections up here. My front yard has signs for one of the mayoral candidates as well as one for my division. Be involved or don't complain I say.

lsz said:
Jatz the point is the 1970's talk on here could, and that is the important word, could be interpreted as just as damaging as a physical assault on a woman

I know i am in the PC minority blah blah I just find it somewhat bizarre that people are calling for tougher punishments for a guy who bash's his wife but are more than happy to make some pretty poor sexist "jokes"

Isz, I could start to ask questions about why it is that we openly tolerate blokes getting stuck into other blokes and why we would not see you intervening in those situations.

But I accept that that would take us down the pathway of a gender debate and while I hold strong views about such matters I recognise that people need to relax about issues such as gender based jokes.

Relaxation will assist to create tolerance and we bloody well need some tolerance on these things due mainly to the simple fact there are only 2 genders and a gender war is counter productive to our collective interests.

you can choose not to vote, its know as a donkey vote.

Lsz i do find it offensive to be told i cannot have a joke because someone finds it offensive. Can you please remove your comments?

Please also note i have not been making comment in this thread since it went too far.

I am female and none of this banter bothers me. Why would the fact that us girls could ref a game of footy at the same time as doing all the household chores bother me. I would love to see a few guys manage to do the same. However I would take exception to some guy bashing me just because he plays for a rubbish team like the tigers

Fluffy said:
you can choose not to vote, its know as a donkey vote.

Lsz i do find it offensive to be told i cannot have a joke because someone finds it offensive. Can you please remove your comments?

Please also note i have not been making comment in this thread since it went too far.

Then you are not in fact voting are you?

The fact is in this nation we do not really have the choice. We have compulsory voting, you can choose to not vote, but you either have to get fined or still go through the motions of voting.

True democracy is devoid of these constraints and you then have the choice on whether to vote or not in a truer form

Fluffy as i have said I can accept that I am in the minority for this debate and do not expect anyone to change their actions as a result

As for asking people to stop no sure i did / expected anyone too??

Stevo said:
It's not a bad place to live if the only thing you are forced to do is vote

Theres also the racism, sexism and convicts though

Daniel said:
Stevo said:

its a hot topic with local council elections up here. My front yard has signs for one of the mayoral candidates as well as one for my division. Be involved or don't complain I say.

Do they pay you to put their signs in your front yard? I hope that one isn't for "Bar Stool"?

MissKate said:
I am female and non of this banter bothers me. Why would the fact that us girls could ref a game of footy at the same time as doing all the household chores bother me. I would love to see a few guys manage to do the same. However I would take exception to some guy bashing me just because he plays for a rubbish team like the tigers

I am a male and none of that male bashing banter bothers me. ;)

Jethro said:
Daniel said:
Stevo said:

Do they pay you to put their signs in your front yard? I hope that one isn't for "Bar Stool"?

Nope we requested them. One for O'Connel the other for McDonald.

Though I am torn between O'Connel and Couper at the moment. Couper will probably take the region forward and bring in some fairly big business, but he is running a popularity contest and every speech or meeting he has been to seems to be just a bumbling mess with no real prep. I just don't think he has the correct stuff for Mayor.

we have 2 of the worst candidates too in our division Dalgliesh and McNevan yeesh

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2