Foran to sign with Eels - announcement imminent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player needs so much convincing to stay which could have been done long ago time for Manly to move on.

Well said what is wrong at our club that we have 2 beg him 2 stay? I say even if he stay's (which he won't) he is not worthy of being our captain.

Thats just rubbish. Beaver had to think long and hard before he rejected the massive contract offer from the Eels. You are saying because he even considered it he should have left. No doubt in my mind he is struggling with the decision as everyone does when they are faced with a career changing moment. No one here is privy to the differences in the contract and the pitches each club has made.

Lol 2 compare Beaver with this situation is ridiculous. Beaver if you remember we were the Northern Eagles we were as good as broke and the players had great fears that they wouldn't be paid yet he stayed so do not compare the situations as they are totally different.

Thats just rubbish. Beaver had to think long and hard before he rejected the massive contract offer from the Eels. You are saying because he even considered it he should have left. No doubt in my mind he is struggling with the decision as everyone does when they are faced with a career changing moment. No one here is privy to the differences in the contract and the pitches each club has made.
Not a career changing moment just going from one club to the next doing the same thing.

I agree you can have doubts about wanting to leave but his doubts have been advertised as "becoming the best footballer he can be", he knows what Manly have to offer he knows what Penn plans to do(whether he believes it or not is another story) and Manly has afforded him time to make a decision.

If he needs a change for a fresh start leave, he can still remain in Sydney and does not have to learn a new skill set like the corporate world changing from one job to something totally new.(that is a career change)

Staying out of loyalty to team-mates is not a good enough reason to stay, you have to be true to yourself and family then consider team mates as a bonus to stay.

Snake and Skivvy are here till they finish playing because they couldn't get out of their current contracts nor could they find another club that would pay them enough. If they could have walked like the others I think they would have. This club has become a toxic wasteland. Nobody but guys who can't get a start elsewhere want to come near the place. Seriously, when we started signing guys like Mason and Mateo it was basically saying we are desperate and here let's enter the realm of what bottom 4 clubs do.
Absolute rubbish..jeezus Christ I've been reading thread after thread, post after post since we lost last night, but in all my years of being on this site, the amount of absolute crap written from some of the so-called supporters here has astounded me.fair dinkum, yes I'm disappointed by last nights result and the protracted contract stuff and the DCE decision and the timing of it but you know what I'm most disappointed with is the schoolyard and over-emotive reaction to both the loss and DCE/Foran contract situation. FFS IT IS ROUND 1. Give the guys a chance. I also can't believe what i read earlier that people were talking about DCE being booed when he plays next. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen because that would be absolutely disgraceful. So chill people and we will improve...

Not a career changing moment just going from one club to the next doing the same thing.

I agree you can have doubts about wanting to leave but his doubts have been advertised as "becoming the best footballer he can be", he knows what Manly have to offer he knows what Penn plans to do(whether he believes it or not is another story) and Manly has afforded him time to make a decision.

If he needs a change for a fresh start leave, he can still remain in Sydney and does not have to learn a new skill set like the corporate world changing from one job to something totally new.(that is a career change)

Staying out of loyalty to team-mates is not a good enough reason to stay, you have to be true to yourself and family then consider team mates as a bonus to stay.

Career defining then. We don't know what is making this a hard decision for him. I'm sorry but I'm not going to believe a snippet in a news story unless its written by a journo who has a double digit percentage rate of factual articles, or an eavesdropper at a cafe. I'm astounded how much and when
people choose to believe whats written in the press.

Career defining then. We don't know what is making this a hard decision for him. I'm sorry but I'm not going to believe a snippet in a news story unless its written by a journo who has a double digit percentage rate of factual articles, or an eavesdropper at a cafe. I'm astounded how much and when
people choose to believe whats written in the press.
I agree and don't read the papers so my comments are based around my personal opinion and what the club should do in response to the delay.

Snake and Skivvy are here till they finish playing because they couldn't get out of their current contracts nor could they find another club that would pay them enough. If they could have walked like the others I think they would have. This club has become a toxic wasteland. Nobody but guys who can't get a start elsewhere want to come near the place. Seriously, when we started signing guys like Mason and Mateo it was basically saying we are desperate and here let's enter the realm of what bottom 4 clubs do.
Jebus Mick, get off the sauce mate!

In 2012 he was struggling to decide wether to stay at Manly or go to the dogs. If I recal correctly, he actually decided to leave but changed his mind after the senior players convinced him to stay.

I didn't think any less of him then because he considered leaving. I was just releaved he stayed.

The "mail" has been, he signed months ago. However he's recently said he's still considering his options. The reality could be a bit of both.

Is it possible he verbally agreed to join them but hasn't put pen to paper yet? Hence the rumours. Since then, circumstances have changed. Matai has agreed to stay and DCE has decided to leave. Matai and Brett have said publically, they hope he stays. In private, they are probably trying to convince him to do just that. Hence the quotes from Foran, saying he's undecided.

Manly need him and he knows it. Wether that will be enough, who knows. Soon though, we'll all know the truth.

Absolute rubbish..jeezus Christ I've been reading thread after thread, post after post since we lost last night, but in all my years of being on this site, the amount of absolute crap written from some of the so-called supporters here has astounded me.fair dinkum, yes I'm disappointed by last nights result and the protracted contract stuff and the DCE decision and the timing of it but you know what I'm most disappointed with is the schoolyard and over-emotive reaction to both the loss and DCE/Foran contract situation. FFS IT IS ROUND 1. Give the guys a chance. I also can't believe what i read earlier that people were talking about DCE being booed when he plays next. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen because that would be absolutely disgraceful. So chill people and we will improve...

What another rubbish post? maybe we should run all post's by you. When you own a forum or are a mod then I'll take some notice of you until than your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else's.

I am totally gutted to hear this news. Foran is the one player that we need around the halves even for his toughness.Man some crap must have gone down since Haslers departure.For all these players to leave is a big loss to the club and it sounds like its not just the players wanting more money to me.I am glad we still have them till the end of the year at least anyway.Now we just need them to be playing and not on the side line watching.

I am totally gutted to hear this news. Foran is the one player that we need around the halves even for his toughness.Man some crap must have gone down since Haslers departure.For all these players to leave is a big loss to the club and it sounds like its not just the players wanting more money to me.I am glad we still have them till the end of the year at least anyway.Now we just need them to be playing and not on the side line watching.

Hi Grassy. Hows Noel ?

Why is there such a hurry in pushing Foran to sign with Manly or another club?

Billy Slater is off contract this year, yet there is no hysteria about him not re-signing yet? He is taking his own sweet time.

Manly , Manly fans and the media seem obsessed with pushing the poor kid into making a decision.

Why's that? I should elaborate Jatz I was talking about another post when it was suggested that a mod should take action about a post. Not about his opinion on football.

All cool Mavin.

I was just making the joke that no-one listens to mods (or the site owner for that matter) on this site.

Just thinking could the hold up be that he wants a clause in the Parra contract stating he will be released if Arthur is no longer the coach.
It's been done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7