Foran to sign with Eels - announcement imminent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We developed and nurtured him in to a superstar side which has played finals footy all of his 6 years in first grade including a premiership at 21 years old. What about some loyalty and taking in the new generation under his wing.

Never has one player in this great club been in such a position, he holds all the aces and can screw us for every last cent in the cap.
We done that with DCE too. Sadly there is no loyalty anymore they could learn a thing or two from the great Beaver.
Foran doesn't want to be here for some reason and all this indecision is effecting the whole team. He's had 18 month's to decide his future. If we lose him sobeit it won't be the end of the world we will be cashed up and ready to rebuild this great side once again. Quite frankly I'm over it and so is every other Manly fan. We had a great 10 years.

Love Foran, want him to stay and hope he will. But put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself, why should he stay at Manly? He's always said it's not about money and I believe him, so it won't matter how much cash we throw at him. So what have we got to offer besides a convenient location and "lifestyle"?
He's 24 and already achieved pretty much everything there is to achieve in the game of rugby league. Maybe he wants a change, a "new challenge" - new people, new faces. It could be as simple as that.
And yeah, it's easy to say he should stay loyal, but stay loyal to what? The other players? The club management? The fans? The "Manly" ideal? Maybe he once thought that loyalty went both ways at Manly - that for all the talk about rugby league being a business things were different at Manly. But then the Gifty fiasco happened and it was pretty obvious that things weren't different at Manly.
Cherry going to the Gold Coke Titans puts even more pressure on Foran to make a decision, and to make it soon. So - serious question - why should he stay?

Being with a football club means staying there for the good and the bad times. Yeah its a **** time for the club at the moment and we have lost a lot of players who were once the fabric of the club. The club will grow again but to do so we MUST have committed people fighting for our cause!

Absolute rubbish..jeezus Christ I've been reading thread after thread, post after post since we lost last night, but in all my years of being on this site, the amount of absolute crap written from some of the so-called supporters here has astounded me.fair dinkum, yes I'm disappointed by last nights result and the protracted contract stuff and the DCE decision and the timing of it but you know what I'm most disappointed with is the schoolyard and over-emotive reaction to both the loss and DCE/Foran contract situation. FFS IT IS ROUND 1. Give the guys a chance. I also can't believe what i read earlier that people were talking about DCE being booed when he plays next. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen because that would be absolutely disgraceful. So chill people and we will improve...
It's just powerless people venting their disappointment and frustration in what has happened with a club that they love. This is the only place available to us to voice our opinions. Yep, the season has just started but we are continuing on exactly the same way as we ended last season. When last season ended and Choc left I had hopes that all the crap that went on last year had finished. Very disappointed that so far this season is even worse.

If it's true that it isn't about money it's about he is worried that we are on the slide than that is a poor reflection on him. He has had the luck 2 (some great players are always in poor teams) be part of a champion era and now the times look like they are getting a bit tough he wants 2 bail. If he loves the club stay for a million a year and help the side re build lead the side as the senior player you now are.

Love Foran, want him to stay and hope he will. But put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself, why should he stay at Manly? He's always said it's not about money and I believe him, so it won't matter how much cash we throw at him. So what have we got to offer besides a convenient location and "lifestyle"?
He's 24 and already achieved pretty much everything there is to achieve in the game of rugby league. Maybe he wants a change, a "new challenge" - new people, new faces. It could be as simple as that.
And yeah, it's easy to say he should stay loyal, but stay loyal to what? The other players? The club management? The fans? The "Manly" ideal? Maybe he once thought that loyalty went both ways at Manly - that for all the talk about rugby league being a business things were different at Manly. But then the Gifty fiasco happened and it was pretty obvious that things weren't different at Manly.
Cherry going to the Gold Coke Titans puts even more pressure on Foran to make a decision, and to make it soon. So - serious question - why should he stay?
ask Beaver,he didnt want to go,he was forced out and he more or less achieved everything there was to achieve as well,ask him why he wanted to stay

Naaah, focus on stealing Rooster, Parra & Titans players.
ask Beaver,he didnt want to go,he was forced out and he more or less achieved everything there was to achieve as well,ask him why he wanted to stay

Sadly, legends like Beaver, Lockyer and Hindmarsh are a thing of the past.

Just listening to Zorba he mentioned that some journos are saying he's already told his close friends that he's signed with Parra, but Peters spoke with two of the people that will be first to know when he makes a decision and he still hasn't made up his mind.

I can't believe he hasn't made up his mind. maybe @Ryan is correct.

Most players trot out 1 of 3 lines:

1) It's about money, footy is a business

2) Playing with my mates

3) Best for my family.

I reckon players get to choose 2 of 3.

(like that old saying: A job can be done fast, good or cheap, you get to choose which 2 of the 3)

So after all these years is he really saying......

1) It's about money - I dunno
2)It's about my mates - I dunno
3)It's best for my family - I dunno

sheesh

I kept quiet on all the rumours about dce and foran thus far but if he is honestly, really still struggling with a decision to be well paid whilst playing with his mates in a successful team...then there's something else to all this as that would be complete b/s.

What could possibly be his downside. Make a decision already...if you haven't done so months ago.

Foran's credibility with the Manly supporters is really on the line here. U really hope he's being truthful with this supposed indecision otherwise he will trash his legacy here like Twatmough and $CE have done.

If Foran stays, and we land him a ready replacement like Pearce, Maloney, Elgey etc etc etc, I really don't see the roster slipping too much. Heck, as a new key playmaker, Tooves could stamp his own brand of footy into the team, and bring something new.

I'm really not that sure losing DCE was all that bad, especially when it means we can strengthen 3/4 other positions as well.

I think you're absolutely right. Both are great players, but the cap needs to be balanced in order to put an effective roster together, and having all that money tied up in the halves was going to be dangerous. We've had these "million dollar" halves playing together for a while now, but behind a relatively ineffective pack, and they've been outplayed by plenty. We need money to bolster our forward pack, keep Foran, and sign a young half prospect like Elgey; although Ruldolph has been playing 7 in the lower grades so maybe he could step up also.

Does anyone else wonder how things would have turned out if we had faced that we would lose DCE at the time we were negotiating with Gift...

In hindsight it is obvious that he was always going to go to the highest bidder and that it wasn't going to be us...

Wonder if Joey will remain part of the coaching staff if Foz also leaves despite if we buy a couple of young up and commers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6