G. Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was the right decision to move Glenn on in terms of performance analysis, the Penns know it but want to appear like the loyal good guys to the Stewarts and allow Toovey to take the heat for making the right decision in the long term interest of the squad.

In saying that from day one of Tooveys appointment i felt he lacked an aura about him and his small size does not help in having a leadership presence in the locker room.

I don't feel Toovey is a long term career coach who can attract players to the club and lay down a structured foundation for success into the future. Tooves improved our attack and straightness along with more expansive options, defence has slipped but in most part due to a lack of desire in players and loss of depth.

People here are too attached to the "leadership and admiration of his actions on the footy field" and think it crosses over into the coaching side and it doesn't.

In the same way that great players don't always make great coaches or even not the best people to seek performance analysis of other players on, coaching is an entirely different skillset for the most part, you can bring over elements of your character from your playing days into the coaching world but you can't survive on that alone.

It was the right decision to move Glenn on in terms of performance analysis, the Penns know it but want to appear like the loyal good guys to the Stewarts and allow Toovey to take the heat for making the right decision in the long term interest of the squad.

In saying that from day one of Tooveys appointment i felt he lacked an aura about him and his small size does not help in having a leadership presence in the locker room.

I don't feel Toovey is a long term career coach who can attract players to the club and lay down a structured foundation for success into the future. Tooves improved our attack and straightness along with more expansive options, defence has slipped but in most part due to a lack of desire in players and loss of depth.

People here are too attached to the "leadership and admiration of his actions on the footy field" and think it crosses over into the coaching side and it doesn't.

In the same way that great players don't always make great coaches or even not the best people to seek performance analysis of other players on, coaching is an entirely different skillset for the most part, you can bring over elements of your character from your playing days into the coaching world but you can't survive on that alone.
Thats all in the past, how is Barrett going to go next season ( or three)?

Thats all in the past, how is Barrett going to go next season ( or three)?
If i was Barrett first thing i would do is lose the playboy pin up guy image and shave the hair so the players see a tough no nonsense taking the job seriously look first day on the job.

Barrett does have an aura about him when spoken to in press conferences etc and seems to have a presence about him in the locker room with the players, i still think it is a year or two early though.

It would not matter how gifted technically Geoff may or may not have been if you lack that special kind of leadership look up to and take seriously presence your knowledge of the game will not be enough to attract top quality players to the club.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2