GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
12798874_1143041522397056_8261029298262845116_n.jpg

Adrian Proszenko
@proshenks Brett Stewart expected to be ruled out of @SeaEagles side for clash with @NRL_Bulldogs #NRL
Oh not good news. Tom is a solid replacement but not nearly in the same class as Brett. Brett's marshalling in defense and support play in attack will be missed. With Brett in the team Manly win a high percentage of games but with him out it's the opposite. Hope this trend can change for the good.

Going be a great atmosphere to see these new boys run out in our colours. A few beers at the club and ill be watching with excitement. Bring it home boys.

Still? That kept him out of the Ipswich trial. Must be serious to go on for this long.
Might be "not wanted by management" virus, seems BJ, Starlo and Burgess have caught it as well and are recuperating in NSW Cup.

Been a long time since I've been home, round 14 on a Sunday v panthers sounds like a lock in.

Oh not good news. Tom is a solid replacement but not nearly in the same class as Brett. Brett's marshalling in defense and support play in attack will be missed. With Brett in the team Manly win a high percentage of games but with him out it's the opposite. Hope this trend can change for the good.

You're quite right Rodo. But I can feel a change in the wind. Tom T. may not be as classy as Brett...yet...but he is faster and more dangerous returning a kick. Brett has become hesitant returning a kick in recent years. Tom T. has been dynamic doing that in U20s. Would be interesting watching Tom at full back in his first full game in that position. Not expecting miracles, but we may see a little of what this kid has in his skill bag.

There are some selections that look a bit iffy when compared to players past performances (obviously the big one is Green). Maybe TB is going from what he sees in pre season. This is a great motivator to those on the cusp, put in and perform and you get a gig. I like the idea of a performance based side as opposed to a reputation based side.

I also think the best side in round 1 will be different from the best side for round 26.

You're quite right Rodo. But I can feel a change in the wind. Tom T. may not be as classy as Brett...yet...but he is faster and more dangerous returning a kick. Brett has become hesitant returning a kick in recent years. Tom T. has been dynamic doing that in U20s. Would be interesting watching Tom at full back in his first full game in that position. Not expecting miracles, but we may see a little of what this kid has in his skill bag.
Agree with you there Bearfax. it should be great watching Tom with his kick returns. In recent years Brett has not needed to do this as much because the wingers have covered him. The one on one defence (try-saving tackles and putting his body on the line) and being in the right place at the right time are also Brett's big strengths. Lets hope Tom has learnt a thing or two from Brett.

The team picked is perfect!. We wanted a shake up-we got it.
The two second rowers offer speed and strength. These forwards will be rolling fast through the Dogs ruck edges on the back of speed out of dummy half. Jake will be a key part of the platform with his speed and offloads.
Once we dominate the go forward-the experienced backs with a little more room on the edges will finish things off. Manly by 20 if Snake plays. By 10 if not.
Forget this time to gel-we are gonna comes out all guns blazing!!!!

Manly's Twitter feed said Barrett will give Snake until 1 hour before kick off to prove his fitness for Friday.
Trying to take a little pressure off the replacement.

Dogs forwards will be instructed by Hasler to take Tom's head off if they can catch him, he will need bodyguards if he lines up at fullback.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10